Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Curious...

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Avix Posted - 01 Apr 2013 : 23:37:21
Well met fellow Candlekeepers

I'm curious how many FR novels each one of you has. As I'm a relative newcomer to the novels, I have just 4 of them so far.

I bet there are some real hardcore readers among you :)

Avix
30   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Renin Posted - 15 Apr 2013 : 16:43:46
I was just at 95-100, but since I was moving every 1-2 years, I gave away all about the dozen pure favorites I had to my local library. Since then, I have found many more to read from said library, but for the most part, I believe there was many poor, poor books from a period of '95 to say, '05 that I really didn't care for at all.

NOT saying they were all bad! But there was many in that time that just didn't bear reading.
raski Posted - 15 Apr 2013 : 16:14:41
Well it's a big deal for me, as one of my many sins I have dyslexia :) and the first book I Successfully read in Hebrew was Homeland by R.S.Salvatore. Today I have more than 200 books in English, I read more than 150 of them. and its Very difficult to get them in Israel, but I see it as a challenge.
My love for reading and big part of my success in overcoming the dyslexia and succeed in reading and writing is in direct contact to the books of the forgotten realms.

also i got most of the 3,3.5E's sourcebooks. Unfortunately I do not get to play these days, but the books are part of my life, and I try to read when I found time to :D
artificial_sunlight Posted - 14 Apr 2013 : 11:34:12
I have 209 realms novels, all spelljammer, and all the old FR comics.
And I am working on al list in Excel with pulication dates, short stories and more https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B67inKVTk0XOZG92SklZT05yS0U/edit?usp=sharing
Just like Mirtek but a little bigger
I am trying to complete the list in the near future.
Yoss Posted - 10 Apr 2013 : 12:42:41
I've never used anything like excel, but I did print out a list with an additional page at the end where I've written in novels published after I printed it off (and as it is arranged by author, added titles in where they were applicable). I haven't counted recently, I think it was somewhere around 80 if you count the handful of realms of...anthologies. It's at home, and I am not.
Caladan Brood Posted - 05 Apr 2013 : 20:17:36
I have the Avatar trilogy, Once Around the Realms, Evermeet, and Cormyr. I had more, but they were lost when the cellar where I had them flooded. Oh, and "Elminster's Forgotten Realms" and one of the trade paperbacks collecting the comic books.
I have around 50 AD&D Forgotten Realms products, the two most recent arrived in the mail yesterday, "Hordes of Dragonspear" and "The Dalelands". Lovely :)
Jeremy Grenemyer Posted - 05 Apr 2013 : 16:09:56
I sold and gave away a bunch of old Realms novels that I don't read anymore. Some I'd owned for years and carried around in large blue plastic stacking crates.

After awhile it seemed like a better idea to let some kid new to the Realms discover them in a used book store than to keep them on bookshelves that ran out of room a long time ago.

realmsrider Posted - 05 Apr 2013 : 13:20:05

I have about 90 but that also includes Dark Sun, Ravenloft, Eberron and Spelljammer.
Delwa Posted - 05 Apr 2013 : 03:54:44
149 novels owned. At the moment, I've only read 48 of them. I have all of 3E's sourcebooks, read most of them (but have a horrible mental index, so I'm constantly giving myself refresher courses) recently aquired all to Volo's Guides, read two of them, working on the others, and I have several other 2E books and boxed sets I recently got for my birthday that I'm going through bit by bit, starting with the 2E Campaign Setting.
Artemas Entreri Posted - 04 Apr 2013 : 23:07:29
I've got 205 that I own and have read plus another 16 that I own but have not read yet.
sleyvas Posted - 04 Apr 2013 : 14:36:39
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

Well, aside from the "Double Diamond Saga" books [which were very difficult to purchase here upon their initial release] and a few RAS novels that really haven't interested me all that much, I have every novel* published for the FORGOTTEN REALMS -- from 1987 to 2013.

*Which also now gratifyingly includes all e-books for entirely new FR novels.

I never did get the double diamond saga. I know it involved Waterdeep and the Utter East area, but not sure what else.
Mirtek Posted - 04 Apr 2013 : 01:53:17
For those interested, here's my attempt to create a handy excel-list of all FR novels.

http://dfiles.eu/files/qc86bs419

I started with the list from o-love.net and added the novels that were new since their last update,

Note I did only count individual novels, so there are no omnibuses in this list.
sleyvas Posted - 04 Apr 2013 : 00:11:38
3 book shelves, 2 deep, 31 books per row plus some laying about, plus about 10-20 hardbacks and a small handful of digital versions.... so something over 200. That's just novels. Been reading them since the realms came out. However, even with all that, I know I'm only reading like half or less of them. Of all those, there's probably 20 or so that I've bought and not read yet.
CorellonsDevout Posted - 03 Apr 2013 : 23:31:19
Haven't counted. Probably in the 200 range
Clad In Shadows Posted - 03 Apr 2013 : 22:07:52
I currently own 117 FR novels. I have read 61 so far. My first FR novel was Streams of Silver in 1996.
Avix Posted - 03 Apr 2013 : 21:39:15
quote:
Originally posted by charger_ss24

Good question. I really have no idea how many I have. I have maybe a dozen or so here with me now, while the rest are buried somewhere at my folks house a few states away. I started out with Dragon Lance, but quickly converted after reading my first FR book, Crypt of the Shadowking. The last FR book I read was the 24th book (I think) in the Drizzt series, The Last Threshold.

As I wait for the next book of that series to come out, I may start up the Elminster series again. I stopped at the Temptation of Elminster and I think there are three books after that one.

I am waaaaay behind you man! Just finished my first outing with Drizzt in the Crystsl Shard (I'm reading according to the PubOrder) and I am already hooked not only on the drow but the whole Forgotten Realms world :)
charger_ss24 Posted - 03 Apr 2013 : 21:19:21
Good question. I really have no idea how many I have. I have maybe a dozen or so here with me now, while the rest are buried somewhere at my folks house a few states away. I started out with Dragon Lance, but quickly converted after reading my first FR book, Crypt of the Shadowking. The last FR book I read was the 24th book (I think) in the Drizzt series, The Last Threshold.

As I wait for the next book of that series to come out, I may start up the Elminster series again. I stopped at the Temptation of Elminster and I think there are three books after that one.
Avix Posted - 03 Apr 2013 : 12:51:25
quote:
Originally posted by Thauranil

Hmm not exactly sure but it must be close to a 100 at least. It would be more but they are a bit hard to get in India and I don't like e books much.

There certainly are a few advantages and disadvantages of e-books vs. paperbacks but I know what you mean :)
Thauranil Posted - 03 Apr 2013 : 12:43:29
Hmm not exactly sure but it must be close to a 100 at least. It would be more but they are a bit hard to get in India and I don't like e books much.
Avix Posted - 03 Apr 2013 : 12:36:36
Looks like I've got a loooooooooooong road ahead of me before I catch up to you guys! I'm only buying e=books because they're readily available most of the time! :)
jornan Posted - 03 Apr 2013 : 04:04:34
All of them minus about 3 or 4 that were published in 2012 in paperback and ebook exclusive. I think that number must be climbing closer to the 300 mark.
Entromancer Posted - 03 Apr 2013 : 03:39:44
Richard Lee Byers:
The Year of Rogue Dragons omnibus
The Haunted Lands Trilogy
The Brotherhood of the Griffon: 1-4

R.A. Salvatore:
Icewind Dale Trilogy
Dark Elf Trilogy
Cleric Quintet
Legacy of the Drow
Paths of Darkness
The Hunters' Blades
The Sellswords
Transitions
Neverwinter Saga 1-3

Erik Scott De Bie:
Ghostwalker
Shadowbane

Paul S. Kemp:
Shadow's Witness
Erevis Cale Trilogy
Twilight War Trilogy

The Sage Posted - 03 Apr 2013 : 02:59:36
Well, aside from the "Double Diamond Saga" books [which were very difficult to purchase here upon their initial release] and a few RAS novels that really haven't interested me all that much, I have every novel* published for the FORGOTTEN REALMS -- from 1987 to 2013.

*Which also now gratifyingly includes all e-books for entirely new FR novels.
Avix Posted - 02 Apr 2013 : 13:31:09
quote:
Originally posted by ElaineCunningham

quote:
Originally posted by Avix

As for paperbacks, I can't buy them because there's not too many FR novels in Poland (except for R.A. Salvatore's books which is a fraction of the whole FR universe). Thankfully, many of the novels can be bought in e-book form :)

Avix, most of my books and nearly all of the anthologies are published in Polish translation, so I suspected that other authors have also been translated. I went to www.isa.pl , the website of the Polish publisher who published my books. If you do a search on "Forgotten Realms," what pops up are mostly game products, but I plugged a couple of writers' names into the search and sure enough, they have quite a few FR novels in translation. You can order them directly from the publisher's website.

Thanks for the advice Elaine, although I like reading FR novels in the original. One of the reasons is my undying love for the language of Shakespeare :)
ElaineCunningham Posted - 02 Apr 2013 : 12:53:14
quote:

As for paperbacks, I can't buy them because there's not too many FR novels in Poland (except for R.A. Salvatore's books which is a fraction of the whole FR universe). Thankfully, many of the novels can be bought in e-book form :)

Avix, most of my books and nearly all of the anthologies are published in Polish translation, so I suspected that other authors have also been translated. I went to www.isa.pl , the website of the Polish publisher who published my books. If you do a search on "Forgotten Realms," what pops up are mostly game products, but I plugged a couple of writers' names into the search and sure enough, they have quite a few FR novels in translation. You can order them directly from the publisher's website.
Avix Posted - 02 Apr 2013 : 12:43:17
quote:
Originally posted by Mirtek

quote:

Wow! Some of the answers tell me that I am not crazy wanting to buy every single FR novel published (except the sourcebooks since I don't play)

Thanks guys!

Took me 15 years from reading my first FR novel with a dictionary right next to it due to me hardly speaking english until me hopefully standing at the edge of the (paperback) release schedule by end of this year

I hope I can catch up too :)
Mirtek Posted - 02 Apr 2013 : 12:40:20
quote:

Wow! Some of the answers tell me that I am not crazy wanting to buy every single FR novel published (except the sourcebooks since I don't play)

Thanks guys!

Took me 15 years from reading my first FR novel with a dictionary right next to it due to me hardly speaking english until me hopefully standing at the edge of the (paperback) release schedule by end of this year
Avix Posted - 02 Apr 2013 : 12:29:31
Avix Posted - 02 Apr 2013 : 12:12:36

Thanks guys!
Mirtek Posted - 02 Apr 2013 : 12:11:38
I have 267 FR novels, already read 254 of them.

I buy only Paperbacks and prefer physical books whenever possible.

Thus I have every paperback that is currently available, the six e-book only novels (and only because they are e-book only, I would never buy an e-book of a novel when physical copies are available or announced to be available in X month) and I am currenlty waiting for the paperback releases of The Last Threshold and Elminster Enraged (two of three FR novels currently available that I do not already own due to currently being hardcover&ebook only with paperbacks announced for the future).

Than there's the sad case of Murder in Halruaa which I still refuse to believe is the only FR novel only available as hardcover (the paperback release was unfortunately lost in the transition when TSR went bankrupt). I am still holding on to the fantasy that some paperbacks were printed and waiting forgotten in some dusty warehouse
Valmour Posted - 02 Apr 2013 : 09:50:03
I have been reading FR books for just over 2 years and was buying them a book or two at a time, but I found a guy selling over 220+ FR books online for just about a $1 per book. That was a deal too good to pass up... I think I am closing in on just about 100 books read over the last few years.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000