Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 wyn the gold elf in elfsong question

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Enagonios Posted - 24 Jan 2004 : 09:44:01
in elfsong, only 3 bards weren't affected by the spell cast about the harper bards. Danilo Thann and the dwarven bard's reasons for not coming under the spell were explained. but not wyn's. could someone tell me why he wasn't affected either?
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Enagonios Posted - 26 Jan 2004 : 09:58:33
oh thanks. so it wasn't ALL BUT the 3 of them? just everyone that happened to attend the festival? I thought it may have affected all the bards bec. there was mention of not jsut the master bards, but some "regular" bards singing the altered songs in waterdeep. i could be mistaken though, it's been a couple of years since I read the book.
Chris_flamehand Posted - 26 Jan 2004 : 05:34:50
Only the bards at silverymoon at the time the spell was cast where affected and for those saying why so many where its because it was a festival that happnes annualy which almost all the bards attend. For those not affected it was becase Wyn was late getting their, Danilo was on a mission in Tethyer and as for the dwarf I have absoulty no idea.
SiriusBlack Posted - 25 Jan 2004 : 15:40:49
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

Perhaps you should pose this question to Ms. Cunningham. She has been known to stop by Candlekeep from time to time, dispensing some interesting realmslore every now and then...

For those interested, Elaine Cunningham also has an online site:

http://www.elainecunningham.com

I know she has an FAQ and to my knowledge, contact information as well on the site. Although, last I heard, she was very busy this year with completing various projects.
The Sage Posted - 25 Jan 2004 : 14:24:19
Hmm...this is an intriguing question, and something I hadn't thought about since just after reading Elfsong.

I don't think I've ever read of an explanation for this anywhere...ever, not even on the Mailing List, and there are a lot of Danilo fans on the list...

Perhaps you should pose this question to Ms. Cunningham. She has been known to stop by Candlekeep from time to time, dispensing some interesting realmslore every now and then...
Bookwyrm Posted - 25 Jan 2004 : 08:03:39
Good question. I don't remember if that was addressed. Maybe it was because he was a spellsinger? It was song magic, and he had power over such effects.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000