Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Unbroken Chain

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
CorellonsDevout Posted - 16 Jan 2013 : 00:31:23
I read liked the two volumes by Jeleigh Johnson, and I think they held great promise, and the characters were intriguing. I think Ashok is a good protagonist, I liked Vedoran (sp?) (I know he's in the Void, but still. I think there is some hope for him), and I liked the brothers, though their name escapes me. I hope there is another book or two to this series. I feel like there is more to be covered. I know the Sundering novels are taking precedence right now, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Tanthalas Posted - 29 Jan 2013 : 19:20:58
Just realized that I posted Godhand as being written by Jaleigh Johnson when her Waterdeep novel was actually Mistshore. Oops >.<
leonowenn Posted - 29 Jan 2013 : 07:28:17
I have read only on in this list and found it doubtlessly interesting. The characters were built very cautiously here.

http://www.positivepest.com/

boweik Posted - 19 Jan 2013 : 17:04:40
I'm pretty sure they could make a third novel in this series... Perhaps something to do with the return of Mask, they do live on the cusp of the Shadowfell after all... hmmm
CorellonsDevout Posted - 16 Jan 2013 : 05:39:18
I agree. I'd like to see more of those series too. Chosen of Nendawen has a lot of unfinished business I think, along with Sword of the Gods. I haven't finished the latest Shadowbane novel yet, but I know Erik is writing the next one. I can think of some other series that could use some follow ups too.

I'm excited for Godborn, but I agree that some series are being put on the back burner. I think it would benefit Wizards to allow additions to these novels, but that is just me.
Tanthalas Posted - 16 Jan 2013 : 02:29:34
Yeah, I liked the Unbroken Chain books too.

There are a lot of good characters and stories that are on the backburner because of the Sundering event:

- Shadowbane
- Unbroken Chain (I haven't read Spider and Stone yet, its waiting for time on my e-reader, but I also liked the Godhand novel)
- Sword of the Gods

All three of these novel lines are left unfinished.

- I loved City of the Dead. Rosemary Jones recently wrote a series of novellas, that were entertaining, but not enough to compare with a full blown novel.
- Chosen of Nendawen is also missing in action with a lot to reveal and explain about Hweilan.
- Then there's also Venom in Her Veins that was a great book and could see more stories come out of it.

- Brotherhood of the Griffon is getting a book real soon and Drizzt too at least.

Not everything is bad with the Sundering event. They're being written by a lot of great authors:

- Brimstone Angels gets to be continued because its part of the Sundering.
- We're finally getting Godborn too (until Paul S. Kemp tells us its been delayed again that is).
- Richard Lee Byers is writing a Sundering book too and its been a long while since Troy Denning wrote a book in the FR setting.
- And we get a new Drizzt and Elminster book out of it too.

What really sucks is how few books we'll be getting while the Sundering event is going on.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000