Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Unbroken Chain
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

CorellonsDevout
Great Reader

USA
2708 Posts

Posted - 16 Jan 2013 :  00:31:23  Show Profile Send CorellonsDevout a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I read liked the two volumes by Jeleigh Johnson, and I think they held great promise, and the characters were intriguing. I think Ashok is a good protagonist, I liked Vedoran (sp?) (I know he's in the Void, but still. I think there is some hope for him), and I liked the brothers, though their name escapes me. I hope there is another book or two to this series. I feel like there is more to be covered. I know the Sundering novels are taking precedence right now, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Sweet water and light laughter

Tanthalas
Senior Scribe

Portugal
508 Posts

Posted - 16 Jan 2013 :  02:29:34  Show Profile Send Tanthalas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, I liked the Unbroken Chain books too.

There are a lot of good characters and stories that are on the backburner because of the Sundering event:

- Shadowbane
- Unbroken Chain (I haven't read Spider and Stone yet, its waiting for time on my e-reader, but I also liked the Godhand novel)
- Sword of the Gods

All three of these novel lines are left unfinished.

- I loved City of the Dead. Rosemary Jones recently wrote a series of novellas, that were entertaining, but not enough to compare with a full blown novel.
- Chosen of Nendawen is also missing in action with a lot to reveal and explain about Hweilan.
- Then there's also Venom in Her Veins that was a great book and could see more stories come out of it.

- Brotherhood of the Griffon is getting a book real soon and Drizzt too at least.

Not everything is bad with the Sundering event. They're being written by a lot of great authors:

- Brimstone Angels gets to be continued because its part of the Sundering.
- We're finally getting Godborn too (until Paul S. Kemp tells us its been delayed again that is).
- Richard Lee Byers is writing a Sundering book too and its been a long while since Troy Denning wrote a book in the FR setting.
- And we get a new Drizzt and Elminster book out of it too.

What really sucks is how few books we'll be getting while the Sundering event is going on.

Sir Markham pointed out, drinking another brandy. "A chap who can point at you and say 'die' has the distinct advantage".
Go to Top of Page

CorellonsDevout
Great Reader

USA
2708 Posts

Posted - 16 Jan 2013 :  05:39:18  Show Profile Send CorellonsDevout a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I agree. I'd like to see more of those series too. Chosen of Nendawen has a lot of unfinished business I think, along with Sword of the Gods. I haven't finished the latest Shadowbane novel yet, but I know Erik is writing the next one. I can think of some other series that could use some follow ups too.

I'm excited for Godborn, but I agree that some series are being put on the back burner. I think it would benefit Wizards to allow additions to these novels, but that is just me.

Sweet water and light laughter
Go to Top of Page

boweik
Acolyte

USA
16 Posts

Posted - 19 Jan 2013 :  17:04:40  Show Profile Send boweik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm pretty sure they could make a third novel in this series... Perhaps something to do with the return of Mask, they do live on the cusp of the Shadowfell after all... hmmm

"I got first blood!" - Drizzt Do'Urden
"Last counts more." - Artemis Entreri
Go to Top of Page

leonowenn
Acolyte

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 29 Jan 2013 :  07:28:17  Show Profile Send leonowenn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have read only on in this list and found it doubtlessly interesting. The characters were built very cautiously here.

http://www.positivepest.com/

Leon Owen
Go to Top of Page

Tanthalas
Senior Scribe

Portugal
508 Posts

Posted - 29 Jan 2013 :  19:20:58  Show Profile Send Tanthalas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just realized that I posted Godhand as being written by Jaleigh Johnson when her Waterdeep novel was actually Mistshore. Oops >.<

Sir Markham pointed out, drinking another brandy. "A chap who can point at you and say 'die' has the distinct advantage".
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000