Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Forgotten Realms audio books

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ElaineCunningham Posted - 20 Dec 2012 : 01:00:02
Just got the go-ahead to announce that Audible.com will be recording many of the Forgotten Realms books. EVERMEET, my first FR audio book, will be released on 1/8/13. The Songs & Swords books are being recorded, and I exchanged several emails this week with the voice actress who's recording my short story collection, The Best of the Realms Book III.

Nifty side note: The actress may be singing "Elminster's Jest," an extended version of the ballad sung by Danilo's singing sword in Elfsong, rather than just reading it. I sent her sheet music with the melody last week, and today I got a clip of her recording. Not sure they'll be using it in the final version, but I hope they do.
22   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Gyor Posted - 29 Mar 2013 : 21:28:02
audio books make me think of the radio theather shows they had back in the 50's. Its like transformingbliterature into Radio Theather. The Medium is the Message.
ElaineCunningham Posted - 25 Mar 2013 : 23:37:56
quote:
Originally posted by The Red Walker

quote:
Originally posted by ElaineCunningham

Just found out that THE MAGEHOUND was released this month as an audiobook. Here's a link to its page on Amazon.com:

http://tinyurl.com/ctmhkyz

Since we dont see as much of you as we would like here....

We Love You Elaine! And the realms misses you!

Councilors and Kings is always a recommendation I make when people ask me if I know a good series or book to read.

Thanks, RW.
The Red Walker Posted - 25 Mar 2013 : 20:27:41
quote:

Just found out that THE MAGEHOUND was released this month as an audiobook. Here's a link to its page on Amazon.com:

Since we dont see as much of you as we would like here....

We Love You Elaine! And the realms misses you!

Councilors and Kings is always a recommendation I make when people ask me if I know a good series or book to read.
ElaineCunningham Posted - 25 Mar 2013 : 20:15:23

Avix Posted - 16 Mar 2013 : 21:09:04
FANTASTIC NEWS!! I've always wanted to hear a FR audiobook
Xnella Moonblade-Thann Posted - 28 Dec 2012 : 07:33:58
quote:
Originally posted by Erik Scott de Bie

I recorded a reading of the prologue of my latest book, Shadowbane: Eye of Justice, just in case anyone's looking for something to listen to right now (and for free). It offers no spoilers and happens before pretty much everything else in the series.

I've heard from audiobook readers doing some of my stuff, but haven't really been involved in the process. We'll see how it goes!

Cheers

Wow If I wasn't so strapped for cash right now, I'd jump onto amazon or barnes and noble and buy your books.
The Sage Posted - 28 Dec 2012 : 01:26:31
quote:
Originally posted by Erik Scott de Bie

I recorded a reading of the prologue of my latest book, Shadowbane: Eye of Justice, just in case anyone's looking for something to listen to right now (and for free). It offers no spoilers and happens before pretty much everything else in the series.

I've heard from audiobook readers doing some of my stuff, but haven't really been involved in the process. We'll see how it goes!

Cheers

Erik, I found your voice was very different from what I'd initially expected.
Erik Scott de Bie Posted - 28 Dec 2012 : 00:29:53

Cheers
Xnella Moonblade-Thann Posted - 27 Dec 2012 : 05:53:55
quote:

I would love to hear Ed Greenwood narrate some of his tales via podcast, or tell new ones. :)

Seconded!
ElaineCunningham Posted - 26 Dec 2012 : 13:16:13
I would love to hear Ed Greenwood narrate some of his tales via podcast, or tell new ones. :)
Kajehase Posted - 26 Dec 2012 : 11:24:15
And while we're on the subject - if you go to podcastle.org, you can download several (non-Forgotten Realms) short stories by a number of the newer Realms luminaries such as Christopher Rowe, Samantha Henderson (my favourite short in the past three years, actually), or Tim Pratt.
Kajehase Posted - 26 Dec 2012 : 11:15:02
quote:
Originally posted by Rosemary Jones

If you go to Audible and search on "Forgotten Realms" you can see the current list of books coming out. Sounds like there will be additions every month. Jaleigh Johnson's titles popped up this week -- and I'm a big fan of her work.

And they're also available on iTunes.
Kajehase Posted - 26 Dec 2012 : 11:14:27
You lose some things, but if it's well produced you also gain a lot of things.

The best example of the latter, that I know of, would be the version of Ellen Kushner's novel The Privilege of the Sword made for Audible's Neil Gaiman Presents series. To reflect that the book is written partly in first person, and partly in third person, we get two readers (Ellen Kushner herself reading the first person passages, which are written from the perspective of the book's main protagonist, and Barbara Rosenblatt doing a marvellous reading of the third person pieces - with the latter being "illuminated" [to use the book's producer's term] by some scenes acted out by actors including Simon Jones [Arthur Dent in the BBC radio serial of Hitch-hiker's Guide to the Galaxy - and in the TV-series too], Felicia Day, and Neil Gaiman himself.)

To put it short, a good audio book is just as good a purchase as an actual novel.
Artemas Entreri Posted - 26 Dec 2012 : 04:12:19
I guess audio books are great on long road trips, but you probably miss out on much that a book has to offer going this route versus actually reading it.
Aulduron Posted - 26 Dec 2012 : 02:02:57
Good luck to all you authors!

Personally, I listened to a few books when I was a truck driver, but I'd never listen to a book I wanted to read. It's just not the same.
Erik Scott de Bie Posted - 26 Dec 2012 : 01:05:00
I know some of my books are being done, but I don't know which ones or when. Eyes peeled!

Cheers
Rosemary Jones Posted - 24 Dec 2012 : 20:35:42
If you go to Audible and search on "Forgotten Realms" you can see the current list of books coming out. Sounds like there will be additions every month. Jaleigh Johnson's titles popped up this week -- and I'm a big fan of her work.

Zireael Posted - 24 Dec 2012 : 19:24:44
This is excellent news! I hope the ballad will be sung, as it should...
Thauranil Posted - 24 Dec 2012 : 17:17:09
Wow that's great news.
Richard Lee Byers Posted - 24 Dec 2012 : 15:17:18
Four of mine drop on 1/8/13, the three books of The Year of Rogue Dragons and also Whisper of Venom. I hope the rest will follow in due course.
GMWestermeyer Posted - 24 Dec 2012 : 05:09:47
The very best FR news I've heard in years, maybe even a decade. Cannot wait to listen to these!
Kajehase Posted - 20 Dec 2012 : 02:09:05
Wheeeeehaw!

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000