Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Star Elf, Sun Elf, Moon Elf, Avariel, Aasimar, etc

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Aryalómë Posted - 17 Feb 2011 : 04:07:52
Pickig up fro m Aasimar, Genasi and Tiefling, where the book s predominantly about that race or has characters tha do not have a(it's ok to tell me bookswith those that die, but I prefer characters thay do nt) short time in te book.
16   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Aryalómë Posted - 19 Feb 2011 : 11:54:47
Is Year of the Rogue Dragon a 4e book?
Lady Fellshot Posted - 18 Feb 2011 : 04:55:23
quote:
Originally posted by Alystra Illianniis

The Avariel in the Year of Rogue Dragons trilogy is named Taegan, and yes, he DOES have wings. Black ones, to be precise. Although he spends a good part of one of the books with them injured due to a fire, so he spends much of that part of the book land-bound. However, he does indeed fly quite a bit in the later books, and even separates from the main party at several points to fly re-con or to go on urgent missions for them. Oh, and he's also teamed up with a fairy dragon....

Jivex is an awesome foil to Taegan.

Also, the Last Mythal Trilogy has a multitude of elves in it including star elves.
Tyrant Posted - 18 Feb 2011 : 03:43:03
The upcoming Sandstorm features a Fire Genasi as the primary character. The Brotherhood of the Griffon series has had a couple of Genasi as side characters and I would have to assume they will play a larger role in the upcoming third book. You weren't asking about them, but that series also features a number of Dragonborn characters. If you take the view that Aasimars and Devas are interchangable, then Circle of Skulls is one you might want to check out along with the upcoming Dawnbringer. Gauntlgrym also features a Tiefling Shade. He isn't a huge character in this book but I imagine he will be more prominent in the follow up, Neverwinter Wood, which comes out in October. The Blades of the Moonsea trilogy has a Tiefling as one of the heroes companions.

Edit to add: I had to look it up to make sure I wasn't just imagining things, but the hero of Bloodwalk is also an Aasimar.
Ayrik Posted - 18 Feb 2011 : 03:40:26
I recall a brief mention (somewhere) of a Red Wizard who collected avariel feathers to use as spell components. I remember thinking that though it's obvious a Red could burn down avariels without difficulty, it's probably a bit tricky to do it in a way that keeps the feathers intact.
Alystra Illianniis Posted - 18 Feb 2011 : 03:00:19
The Avariel in the Year of Rogue Dragons trilogy is named Taegan, and yes, he DOES have wings. Black ones, to be precise. Although he spends a good part of one of the books with them injured due to a fire, so he spends much of that part of the book land-bound. However, he does indeed fly quite a bit in the later books, and even separates from the main party at several points to fly re-con or to go on urgent missions for them. Oh, and he's also teamed up with a fairy dragon....
Aryalómë Posted - 18 Feb 2011 : 00:43:27
Well back on su bject and not hatin on my wretched Nook typing skills (it's an eBook reader btw),I already knew about Maresa Rost from The Last Mythal XD. I'm obsessed wity tht series lol. Does that Avariel not habe his wings? (I've heard of him before) And isn't jay book a 4e book? If so, I will jump up and down and do a victory dance!
Ayrik Posted - 17 Feb 2011 : 20:41:21
Backspace key and spellcheck software.
Hawkins Posted - 17 Feb 2011 : 16:22:23
There is an Avariel in the Year of the Rogue Dragons trilogy, there is a Star Elf in Star Deep, and there is an Air Genasi (IIRC) in the Last Mythal trilogy.
Fellfire Posted - 17 Feb 2011 : 12:52:01
That device sounds like it has a bad operator.
Alisttair Posted - 17 Feb 2011 : 12:17:39
quote:
Originally posted by tradwitch1313

Oh, and I'm typing on a Nook, ad it doesn't have good typing skills. What I mean is its a touch screen and I could acidentally strie a leter beside oit or when I type fast it won't registea letter sometime XC

Try typing slower (thats what I do when I use my iPhone here).
Aryalómë Posted - 17 Feb 2011 : 11:37:10
Oh, and I'm typing on a Nook, ad it doesn't have good typing skills. What I mean is its a touch screen and I could acidentally strie a leter beside oit or when I type fast it won't registea letter sometime XC
Alisttair Posted - 17 Feb 2011 : 11:34:15
Ouch my eyes and my brain are in pain!!
Aryalómë Posted - 17 Feb 2011 : 11:32:40
Sorry, I was in a hurry when I was writig thus lol. I wat to know f any boo that deals with the affrmentioned race specifically or has charactes thay are said race :)
Ayrik Posted - 17 Feb 2011 : 05:21:36
Magadon's an odd case. He's technically a full half-blooded cambion. Though, yes, his appearance, abilities, and psychology seems more like that of a mere tiefling; he can even pass for a human by just wearing a hat to cover his horns. Being a capable psion doesn't hurt. Being sired by Mephistopheles does.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 17 Feb 2011 : 05:19:51
I'm not sure what you're asking...
Fellfire Posted - 17 Feb 2011 : 04:30:15
Man, you really gotta work on those typos. Ohgma will strike you down. I recently enjoyed Paul Kemp's work featuring Magadon, a tiefling scion of Mephistopheles.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000