Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Collector Question: Harpers Series

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
dead Posted - 20 Oct 2010 : 12:25:02
Hi Folks,

I've been trying to collect 1st editions of the Harpers Series and just had some questions regarding 2 books:

- Book 12: The Veiled Dragon
Did this come with a metallic, gold, embossed border on the cover or, unlike the rest of the series, was it only printed with a yellow border? It's just that I can't seem to find one with a gold border so I'm starting to wonder if it exists (I've never see a picture of one).

- Book 15: Finder's Bane
Once again, was this book ever printed with the metallic, gold, embossed border? There's a picture on Amazon showing it with one:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/images/0786906588/ref=dp_otherviews_0?ie=UTF8&s=books&img=0

But sellers online swear they have 1st editions but the cover has no border. They say there's looks like this:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-media/product-gallery/0786906588/ref=cm_ciu_pdp_images_0?ie=UTF8&index=0

So perhaps the image of Finder's Bane with the gold border is just a pre-release stock shot or something?

Anyway, I was hoping some collectors out there could help clear this up for me.

Thank you
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Corrupteddragon Posted - 11 Nov 2010 : 19:35:01
Yup, I buy all my FR books on release day and those 2 books did not have the gold embossed border.
brando Posted - 03 Nov 2010 : 03:50:38
Sorry for the delayed updated but mine also did not have the gold.
swifty Posted - 26 Oct 2010 : 09:30:51
i bought finders bane within weeks of its release also here in the uk and no gold border also.
brando Posted - 25 Oct 2010 : 04:28:59
I will check my early tomorrow since they are all packed away right now, but I assume my copies will be no different than the previous posts.
dead Posted - 21 Oct 2010 : 09:51:14
Thanks for that.

Yes, I've discovered that at least 3 in the series have yellow embossed borders instead of metallic gold. Finder's Bane is a mystery, though, as there is that photo on Amazon. I guess it was just a pre-release pic and the artwork changed when the book was printed.
The Sage Posted - 21 Oct 2010 : 02:59:43
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

I think the copies of those books that I have are first editions (I know I used to have them as first editions! )... And neither book has metallic borders.

Agreed. I purchased the first printings for each, and neither had gold embossed borders on the covers.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 21 Oct 2010 : 02:29:54
I think the copies of those books that I have are first editions (I know I used to have them as first editions! )... And neither book has metallic borders.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000