Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Wailing Tower from Swordmage

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
capnvan Posted - 19 May 2009 : 20:28:16
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Fillow Posted - 22 May 2009 : 09:07:12
quote:
Originally posted by capnvan

The Wailing Tower was Aesperus' (the King in Copper) final stronghold, where he was defeated by the forces of Lathander.

oops, I totally forgot that. Sorry for missing capnvan

quote:
Originally posted by capnvan

although I suppose it's possible it will reappear somewhere in the rest of the trilogy.

Maybe in the third one. I believe that the second one does not take place near Hulburg but somewhere else, around the sea.
The Sage Posted - 22 May 2009 : 00:45:17
quote:
Originally posted by Christopher_Rowe

Hi, Fillow!

So, capnvan, when I went to the shop tonight to pick up my reserved copy of Monster Manual 2 I did my usual run through the used stuff, and one thing that wasn't there last week was a very good copy of John Terra's 1995 Moonsea supplement. I'll give it a look-through later and see what I see.
I'll save you some time. There isn't anything about the Wailing Tower in The Moonsea supplement. I recall a similar discussion about the Tower here at Candlekeep in April '08. And I'd previously searched the tome for any useful info back then. I don't recall much info on the Wailing Tower in Mysteries of the Moonsea either, unfortunately.

As per the previous discussion, I surmised that the Tower may have been intentionally generated for the new map of Thar.
Christopher_Rowe Posted - 22 May 2009 : 00:24:47
Hi, Fillow!

So, capnvan, when I went to the shop tonight to pick up my reserved copy of Monster Manual 2 I did my usual run through the used stuff, and one thing that wasn't there last week was a very good copy of John Terra's 1995 Moonsea supplement. I'll give it a look-through later and see what I see.

Cheers,
Wooly Rupert Posted - 21 May 2009 : 22:25:40
quote:
Originally posted by Fillow

Capnvan, why don't you ask directly to Rich in his CK's thread ?

Rich Baker prefers to only answer questions in his thread on the WotC forums.
Fillow Posted - 21 May 2009 : 21:38:39
Capnvan, why don't you ask directly to Rich in his CK's thread ?

Hi Christopher, hapy to read you back. It's a long time we did not discuss in the same thread.
Christopher_Rowe Posted - 21 May 2009 : 21:15:32
I'm with Fillow. I bought the book when it came out but if the Wailing Tower is mentioned it I don't recall. Maybe there's something in the third edition sourcebook The Mysteries of Moonsea?
Fillow Posted - 21 May 2009 : 21:04:40
No scribe seems to have read Swordmage ? I did but I must admit that the name of "Wailing tower" remind nothing for me.
It does not mean that it is not quoted in the novel. I read it when it has been released, several months ago. So I'm not sure at all that this Tower is not in the book.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000