Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Sword never sleeps

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Afetbinttuzani Posted - 04 Nov 2008 : 22:58:11
Hello, all.

Has anyone gotten their hands on a copy of Ed's latest, The Sword Never Sleeps? The release date was supposedly today.
26   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Ashe Ravenheart Posted - 01 Dec 2008 : 04:29:45
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

quote:
Originally posted by Copper Elven Vampire

As long as Merith don't get the Axe I'll be happy

Merith didn't join the KoMD till they arrived in Shadowdale. The trilogy ends with the 'core group' of Knights just about to round the bend and enter the dale for the first time.

-- George Krashos

See, that's my question. Is it just a trilogy? I posted the question, but didn't get an answer (yet). Just hoping there will be more.
George Krashos Posted - 30 Nov 2008 : 23:00:09
quote:
Originally posted by Copper Elven Vampire

Merith didn't join the KoMD till they arrived in Shadowdale. The trilogy ends with the 'core group' of Knights just about to round the bend and enter the dale for the first time.

-- George Krashos
Copper Elven Vampire Posted - 30 Nov 2008 : 20:25:49
BARDOBARBAROS Posted - 21 Nov 2008 : 18:22:33
Not yet...
Faraer Posted - 21 Nov 2008 : 17:58:35
Mine came yesterday, but I'm too swamped with work to start it at once. It may be the last thing I buy from Wizards for a good while.
mnb128 Posted - 21 Nov 2008 : 14:55:35
Just finished the book yesterday and thought it was great. I've now read 6 Ed Greenwood books and have truly enjoyed them all. I had some misgivings before diving into Mr. Greenwood's writing because of some of the negative comments I've seen on various forums, but so far I've been pleasantly surprised.

Kinda spoilerish:

Sidenote: Did anyone else happen to notice that Dove is still a "Silverhand" in these books, which take place in 1348 DR? My first introduction to her was as a "Falconhand" in Sojourn (1339 DR). Looks like RAS may have jumped the gun on the wedding date.
MerrikCale Posted - 18 Nov 2008 : 03:58:11
quote:
Originally posted by Brimstone

-Well I just got it! I will read it this week while I am at work.

BRIMSTONE

you're not an air traffic controller by any chance?
Brimstone Posted - 17 Nov 2008 : 21:43:47
-Well I just got it! I will read it this week while I am at work.

BRIMSTONE
Brimstone Posted - 16 Nov 2008 : 21:11:32
-Thank you my lady.
-I figure I should start buy Hard Cover Books anyways. My Blackstaff Novel Cover came completely off. I guess I will need to buy another one!

BRIMSTONE
The Hooded One Posted - 16 Nov 2008 : 16:47:50
Brimstone, don't quote me on this, but I believe THE SWORD NEVER SLEEPS is hardcover only for now, and a mass market paperback edition will appear in May of 2009. Now, things can shift in publishing, but as of right now, I believe that's the WotC plan.
love,
THO
Brimstone Posted - 16 Nov 2008 : 11:11:08
-I have been reading The Swords of Dragonfire at work the last couple of nights. I have been getting paid to read Ed. I love my job.
-Quick question will The Sword Never Sleeps only be a hardcover, or is it a soft cover. Or will it be a soft cover in about a year? I also like posting from work. I love the Graveyard shift!

BRIMSTONE
Ashe Ravenheart Posted - 10 Nov 2008 : 14:47:48
Usually they are very good about that. But the last 5-6 orders (over the last 5-6 months), I've noticed that they were very delayed. I would usually get a notice that the item was shipping a day or two before the release, only to see it sitting there with an outbound notice for 4-6 days.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 10 Nov 2008 : 14:39:47
quote:
Originally posted by Ashe Ravenheart

quote:

According to Amazon, my copy is on the way...

I'm beginning to not venerate Amazon as much as I used to. Used to be if I pre-ordered a book, I'd usually receive it on the street date it was released. Now, I'm still waiting almost a full week after the street date.

But it should be here today. I mean the tracking says it's only 60 miles away, so it shouldn't be much longer, right?

Amazon is usually really good about getting stuff to you quickly... But they're certainly not the fastest. I once placed two orders on the same day: one with Amazon, one with CDJapan. The CDs left Tokyo and were in my hands in less than 48 hours. They beat, by more than a day, the books coming from Jacksonville, with is a two-hour drive from here.
Ashe Ravenheart Posted - 10 Nov 2008 : 13:55:17
quote:

I'm beginning to not venerate Amazon as much as I used to. Used to be if I pre-ordered a book, I'd usually receive it on the street date it was released. Now, I'm still waiting almost a full week after the street date.

But it should be here today. I mean the tracking says it's only 60 miles away, so it shouldn't be much longer, right?

Iluvrien Posted - 10 Nov 2008 : 12:34:02
Mine just dropped through the door 5 minutes ago.

Suddenly a "writing thesis" day has turned into a "curl up in bed and read an Ed Greenwood book" day.

I much prefer the latter .
Brimstone Posted - 06 Nov 2008 : 18:21:57
quote:
Originally posted by The Hooded One

I have it and have read it, and it is superb.
Some of the too-brief scenes featuring Alusair and Vangey (not to mention a certain dark-hearted Highknight) rank right up there with the best D&D-related fiction writing ever. Ed is a far better writer than most gamers give him credit for, and (increasingly, these last few books) it shows. I await the various hatchet-job reviews with interest, because they always tell me far more about the reviewer than about Ed's work.
love to all,
THO

-Well said.

BRIMSTONE
Afetbinttuzani Posted - 06 Nov 2008 : 17:24:23
My copy just arrived!!! [Squeal of excitement accompanied by a happy dance]
Ashe Ravenheart Posted - 05 Nov 2008 : 19:59:58
Not to mention my copy is coming with this as a tagalong:

Tales from the Perilous Realm. Tolkien's four novellas: Farmer Giles of Ham, Leaf by Niggle, Smith of Wootton Major, and Roverandom and one book of poems (The Adventures of Tom Bombadil), all collected in a single hardcover.

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 05 Nov 2008 : 19:02:35
This is one novel I definitely plan to buy, and expect to enjoy.
Garen Thal Posted - 05 Nov 2008 : 16:17:19
I also have it, and am reading, and echo our Hooded Lady's sentiment as regards Alusair and Vangerdahast--interchanges that make one love and miss the Mithral Princess even more, now, and recognize just what a delicate and complex relationship exists behind the doors of the Palace...
The Hooded One Posted - 05 Nov 2008 : 15:57:59
I have it and have read it, and it is superb.
Some of the too-brief scenes featuring Alusair and Vangey (not to mention a certain dark-hearted Highknight) rank right up there with the best D&D-related fiction writing ever. Ed is a far better writer than most gamers give him credit for, and (increasingly, these last few books) it shows. I await the various hatchet-job reviews with interest, because they always tell me far more about the reviewer than about Ed's work.
love to all,
THO
Iluvrien Posted - 05 Nov 2008 : 11:59:31
I've had this one on release countdown for the last couple of months. After book 2 I am pretty much salivating to read it...

...and I just got a mail informing me of its dispatch.
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 05 Nov 2008 : 01:28:34
*gasp* I'll have to check for it soon...thanks for the reminder.
hawkytom Posted - 05 Nov 2008 : 00:50:19
I checked like 5 book stores today...all of them thought they should have 1 copy, but nobody had any. A store that was waaay far supposedly had 6 copies, but I wasn't going to venture that far. :) (Major bummer, I thought all copies would have it ready for me at the front of the store on diplay, but I guess it was just wishful thinking...Ed doesn't get enough respect in my city!)

Ended up ordering it from the nearest and they told me it will be in store in about a week.
The Fractured Sky by Thomas M. Reid however I was able to find.
Afetbinttuzani Posted - 05 Nov 2008 : 00:03:33
quote:

Chapters.Indigo.ca have said the same thing for me. I know, I know...patience...arrgh.
Ashe Ravenheart Posted - 04 Nov 2008 : 23:56:56

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000