Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Servant of the Shard --possible spoilers

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Brynweir Posted - 04 Jul 2003 : 03:18:52
If you haven't read Servant of the Shard you might not want to read this question.
I just read Servant of the Shard, and at the very end it mentions that Jarlaxle was of the third son of Matron Baenre, and that he had been sacrificed to Lloth. I was shocked. Although my resources are limited, I had not come across any information to indicate a relationship between Jarlaxle and House Baenre other than the friendship with Zaknafein (I have read most of Salvatore's novels).

Are there any other novels dealing with the origins of Jarlaxle or Bregan D'aerthe? Is there relevant information in some of the source books? Now I am really curious about his history. Any ideas would be appreciated.
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Mythander Posted - 22 Jul 2003 : 19:40:13
There are many questions about Jarlaxle that have gone unanswered. This is one of the reasons I feel his character is so interesting.

quote:
Originally posted by Marshal

)Perhaps all third son's of noble houses are different from their people, and maybe that's the reason why Lolth wants them sacrified?

Now that is an interesting thought, it would explain much.
Marshal Posted - 05 Jul 2003 : 06:16:15
When I finished reading Servant of the Shard I came up with a couple of other questions.
1)How did he actually survie?
2)Perhaps all third son's of noble houses are different from their people, and maybe that's the reason why Lolth wants them sacrified?
Zacas Posted - 04 Jul 2003 : 03:54:10
All i know is that there are rumors that Salvatore plans a trilogy about Jarlaxle and Entreri after the hunters' blades trilogy... which i would think would give some background on Jarlaxle since it sets on him and artemis...

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000