Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 The Stone of Tymora

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
DragonReader Posted - 13 Feb 2008 : 14:50:42
Hey I just came across this on Amazon.com:

http://www.amazon.com/Stowaway-Stone-Tymora-Book-I/dp/0786950943/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1202913759&sr=1-6

It appears to be a yound adult series by R.A. Salvatore and Geno Salvatore. Give the name of the series (The Stone of Tymora) I thought it might be Forgotten Realms.

Has anyone heard anything about this.
30   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 21 May 2009 : 15:17:33
You don't think 29 is young?

edappel Posted - 15 May 2009 : 18:33:12
Yep.. I checked the year of "The Halfling's Gem" to see how many years Maimon is at "The Pirate King"... It's strange that he should is 29 years old and there they call him "Young Pirate", or something like that. When reading The Pirate King, I thought Maimon were 20 or a little bit older.

Anyone knows which parts did RAS wrote or contributed?
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 26 Aug 2008 : 01:13:29
quote:
Originally posted by Brian R. James

Bob Salvatore revealed at Gen Con that The Stone of Tymora takes place during the time of The Halfling's Gem.

That's a relief. It's nice that not every book is now going to be post-Spellplague. Thanks for the heads-up.
Arrevanthas Posted - 19 Aug 2008 : 03:50:02
I am actually eagerly waiting for it's release. And Geno is such a cutey! :P
The Red Walker Posted - 19 Aug 2008 : 01:18:44
quote:
Originally posted by Brian R. James

Bob Salvatore revealed at Gen Con that The Stone of Tymora takes place during the time of The Halfling's Gem.

Now I find that, very, very interesting.
Will definatley check it out now. Especially in hopes that if a new novel set that far "in the past" selld well maybe, just maybe a few other authors will get the green light for such projects.

Also find it a bit curious with all the chanes to draw new fans(esp. 100 year jump), Wotc would take a vehicle such as this one, which is stated to try and draw younger fans, and set it pre-spellplague.
I find this exciting and hope this novel sells as fast as it can be stocked.
Brian R. James Posted - 18 Aug 2008 : 22:15:31
darkcrow Posted - 18 Aug 2008 : 02:33:02
I hadn't read the sample chapter but from the book description it sounds like a pre plaquge novel because of the title of Transition #2 is called The Pirate King and this book takes place on Sea Sprite the pirate hunting ship. So I think this book is going to be a tie in and we are in the same time period of Cattabrie (Spelling?). I don't think Salvatore will ever make that 100 or so year jump until all of his main characters are dead (except Drizzt). That's fine by me because I love all that I've read so far by him( which includes all FR and the Spearweilder Trilogy.)
Karzak Posted - 16 Aug 2008 : 14:52:07
Looks like Drizzt features strongly in this novel. So much for a non-Drizzt story.

Glanced at the sample chapter out of morbid curiosity. The writing's pretty... eh, let's just say first person requires skill to pull off well.
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 15 Aug 2008 : 14:49:46
quote:
Originally posted by DragonReader

Sorry for lack of link, I am in Turkey at the moment and the internet connection is not so great.

It's OK, I posted the link.
DragonReader Posted - 15 Aug 2008 : 08:57:06
Sorry for lack of link, I am in Turkey at the moment and the internet connection is not so great.
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 15 Aug 2008 : 01:31:09
quote:
Originally posted by DragonReader

WOTC has posted a sample chapter for those interested.

Link?

EDIT: Here--http://ww2.wizards.com/Books/Wizards/Products/default.aspx?doc=239607200

I can't tell yet whether or not it's pre-Spellplague.
DragonReader Posted - 14 Aug 2008 : 22:28:48
WOTC has posted a sample chapter for those interested.
MerrikCale Posted - 13 Aug 2008 : 04:03:56
I'd probably read this
ElaineCunningham Posted - 12 Aug 2008 : 18:27:11
Don't forget the second name on the by-line.

Geno Salvatore is a recent college grad and, by all accounts, a very talented writer.
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 11 Aug 2008 : 17:09:22
I'm inclined to read this novel out of sheer curiosity. I hope it's pre-Spellplague. I agree that it seems unlikely that the Sea Sprite would still be around in 100 years, although it could be a new ship with the same name.

Maybe the book takes places during the "lost years" between Siege of Darkness and Passage to Dawn.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 11 Aug 2008 : 16:10:00
The 1370s, most likely. I doubt the Sea Sprite would still be around, post-Sellplague.
The Red Walker Posted - 11 Aug 2008 : 15:13:13
I wonder what year it is set in?
Tasker Daze Posted - 11 Aug 2008 : 14:38:09
quote:
Originally posted by Ergdusch

A FR-Novel this will most certainly be! Look at this:

http://www.randomhouse.com/catalog/display.pperl?isbn=9780786950942

It seems that Bob just won't create new characters. To FR-readers the Discription gives already two familiar names: Sea Sprite & Drizzt Do'Urden.

I don't think it has anything to do with whether or not RAS wants to write new characters. WotC likely demanded a Drizzt connection.
Faraer Posted - 11 Aug 2008 : 10:56:01
Be fair, the lead character Maimun is new.
Ergdusch Posted - 11 Aug 2008 : 09:45:03
A FR-Novel this will most certainly be! Look at this:

http://www.randomhouse.com/catalog/display.pperl?isbn=9780786950942

It seems that Bob just won't create new characters. To FR-readers the Discription gives already two familiar names: Sea Sprite & Drizzt Do'Urden.
Karzak Posted - 15 Feb 2008 : 18:29:02
The writing in the CQ is even worse than his current books, if anything.
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 15 Feb 2008 : 16:29:13
quote:
Originally posted by Nimriel
He did write the Cleric Quintet didn't he...

He did, over 15 years ago. Those aren't fresh new characters anymore. And for the record, I didn't care for them to begin with.
Nimriel Posted - 15 Feb 2008 : 10:03:07
quote:
Originally posted by Rinonalyrna Fathomlin

I have to admit, at this point I am curious about what a non-Drizzt, non-famous character story from him would be like.

He did write the Cleric Quintet didn't he, but I agree, I mean 17 Drizzt books plus some spin-offs? Drizzt could fill out his own world.
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 15 Feb 2008 : 01:21:25
quote:
Originally posted by Karzak

quote:

Hmm, I might actually start reading these, too. I'd love it if RAS wrote a story about totally new characters.

Would you? He's already writing at a young-adult level. I can't imagine what his writing would be like if dumbed down any further.

I have to admit, at this point I am curious about what a non-Drizzt, non-famous character story from him would be like.
Karzak Posted - 14 Feb 2008 : 22:39:36
quote:

Hmm, I might actually start reading these, too. I'd love it if RAS wrote a story about totally new characters.

Would you? He's already writing at a young-adult level. I can't imagine what his writing would be like if dumbed down any further.
Nimriel Posted - 14 Feb 2008 : 11:49:27
The Stowaway: Stone of Tymora doesn't sound particulary Drizzt/Jarlaxleish.
l33td0ggy Posted - 14 Feb 2008 : 03:12:21
quote:

wotc probly won't let him write about anyone other thjan drizzt and jarlalxe.
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 13 Feb 2008 : 22:54:02
DragonReader Posted - 13 Feb 2008 : 18:53:56
Well Mirrorstone does do the Dragonlance YA series, so perhaps this is the start of an FR YA series.
Nimriel Posted - 13 Feb 2008 : 15:15:57
Tymora are, to the best of my knowledge a deity created by Greenwood for the realms so it probably is, but I've never heard of a Mirrorstone Forgotten Realms book.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000