Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Your own ideas for a protagonist

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
jordanz Posted - 02 Jan 2008 : 22:10:13
Hi guys. Have any of you ever come up with interesting ideas for a protaginist in a novel set in the forgotten realms? It seems like the most interesting central characters have some sort of major contradiction going on i.e. Drizzit, "the Noble Half Elf" while others seem to be manifestations of cool archtypes... Anyway here are a couple of mine that I would love to see chronicled by a major writer i.e. R.A. Salavator or James Baker e.t.c.
A rogue inevitable who retains his sense of justice but deviates from the lawful structure of procedure while his own individual personality asserts itself.
A fallen deva who attempts to win redemption while adventuring with a rag tag group of varied alignment (all neutrals or evil) characers.
16   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Ranak Posted - 04 Jan 2008 : 19:42:50
So long as you are creative with the names... I do not want to see any gnome protagonists named Smithinwessin, or familiars named Glock.

quote:
Originally posted by Ozzalum

I guess anything that applies to Dwarves applies to Gnomes. I'd still like to write a gnomish firearms manufacturer as a protagonist, but that might be unpopular on multiple fronts.

riot the outsider Posted - 04 Jan 2008 : 03:24:09
I profer anti-heros.
Ozzalum Posted - 04 Jan 2008 : 02:55:10
I guess anything that applies to Dwarves applies to Gnomes. I'd still like to write a gnomish firearms manufacturer as a protagonist, but that might be unpopular on multiple fronts.
ElaineCunningham Posted - 04 Jan 2008 : 02:23:14
quote:
Originally posted by Reefy

quote:
Originally posted by ElaineCunningham

I'm not so sure about the mithral half-plate, but other than that you've pretty much nailed Azariah, Elaith Craulnober's daughter. I envision her growing up to be a kick-ass gold elf heroine. Because it's about time we had one of those.

Would it be wishful thinking to hope to see this in print?

Probably.
Reefy Posted - 04 Jan 2008 : 00:31:46
quote:

I'm not so sure about the mithral half-plate, but other than that you've pretty much nailed Azariah, Elaith Craulnober's daughter. I envision her growing up to be a kick-ass gold elf heroine. Because it's about time we had one of those.

Would it be wishful thinking to hope to see this in print?
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 04 Jan 2008 : 00:13:11
quote:
There's that, too. Unfortunately, a dwarf doesn't really fit the current ideal of feminine beauty. And you could give a male dwarf a Sean Connery accent, rugged good looks, and an eye for the ladies, and people would still find him cute or comic relief.

Sad, but true.
SirUrza Posted - 03 Jan 2008 : 23:37:40
Sean Connery as a dwarf! ROTFLMAO!

Ok.. now that that's out of my system...

Never really occurred to me that I was picturing Azariah's possible future. Something to look forward to. ;)
Theophilus Posted - 03 Jan 2008 : 23:35:53
quote:
I like the idea of a hot, stubborn dwarf protagonist, actually.

quote:
There's that, too. Unfortunately, a dwarf doesn't really fit the current ideal of feminine beauty.

Well I can't speak for others but I've always found bearded ladies intriguing to say the least.
ElaineCunningham Posted - 03 Jan 2008 : 14:39:17
quote:
Originally posted by Rinonalyrna Fathomlin

So she was a bard?

Well, if you want to put it THAT way....

quote:

There's that, too. Unfortunately, a dwarf doesn't really fit the current ideal of feminine beauty. And you could give a male dwarf a Sean Connery accent, rugged good looks, and an eye for the ladies, and people would still find him cute or comic relief.

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 03 Jan 2008 : 14:04:05
So she was a bard?

ElaineCunningham Posted - 03 Jan 2008 : 14:00:57
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by SirUrza

A hot stubborn as a dwarf female bladesinger moonelf trying to restore her family honor and claim her moonblade heritage. Father a moon elf, mother a sunelf. Blond.. shoulder length hair.. mithral half-plate wearer (with skirt!)

What can I say, I'm a guy. :)

Heh, with the Serpent as her dad, I think the kick-ass part is pretty much hard-wired into her genes.

And her mother was Kalia Dawnstar, a famous gold elf singer and thesbian. So she's got the hawt genes going for her, as well.

Karzak Posted - 03 Jan 2008 : 14:00:35
quote:

A hot stubborn as a dwarf female bladesinger moonelf trying to restore her family honor and claim her moonblade heritage. Father a moon elf, mother a sunelf. Blond.. shoulder length hair.. mithral half-plate wearer (with skirt!)

See, when I saw this, I first read it as "a hot, stubborn dwarf female" and was all for it, then saw the rest and sighed.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 03 Jan 2008 : 13:39:58
quote:

quote:

Heh, with the Serpent as her dad, I think the kick-ass part is pretty much hard-wired into her genes.
ElaineCunningham Posted - 03 Jan 2008 : 13:13:33
quote:

SirUrza Posted - 03 Jan 2008 : 00:39:07

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 03 Jan 2008 : 00:23:07
I come up with interesting protagonists pretty often, although I wouldn't say I harbor thoughts of actually putting them in novels. They don't all have major contradictions going on, either (by the way, Drizzt is "the noble drow elf", not "the noble half elf).

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000