Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Daughter of the Drow CHANGES....?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
SirUrza Posted - 03 Dec 2007 : 22:09:13
Ok, so last week I finished Frostfell on my lunch breaks at work (I work a Waldenbooks btw.. good read) and couldn't decide what to read. I gave in and decided to read more drow novels, not that I don't like Elaine's work, I love it, I just read too much about elves in the Realms and not enough about other stuff that I'm trying to catch up.

Anyway, so I started reading Daughter of the Drow and started to get into it. I could see why others like it. So this weekend I did some reading about home. Since I'm reading the original TSR novel, I couldn't rely on page numbers back at work so I just noted where I was in the story. Because of this I discovered something.

The end of Chapter 5 is different in the original TSR version of the book then the WotC Starlight & Shadow softcover.

So I'm wondering..

How much was changed?
Why was it changed? Seems like the TSR COC edited stuff out of the end of chapter 5.
Did I miss the memo about changes to the original books?
And did anything in the Songs & Swords books change when they got collected?

Oh and before I forget... which version should I read?
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
SirUrza Posted - 25 Dec 2007 : 22:01:39
Ahh alrighty. Thanks for the reply and merry christmas! :)
ElaineCunningham Posted - 24 Dec 2007 : 03:38:38
quote:
Originally posted by SirUrza

I'm just curious as to why? :)

It has been years since the Todd Lockwood edition of Starlight & Shadows was released. I do remember that changes were few and minor, but other than that...I'm coming up empty.
SirUrza Posted - 21 Dec 2007 : 23:00:02
I'm just curious as to why? :)
Matthus Posted - 21 Dec 2007 : 08:46:02
Haven’t been worried, just intrigued .

But thanks for the clarification Mrs. Cunningham! It’s nice to see that you are still with us here, and be assured that I won’t bother you with questions right now – I’m just waiting impatiently for the reopening off your thread .
ElaineCunningham Posted - 20 Dec 2007 : 18:47:34
No worries--there are no substantive changes between issues. A couple of minor things, nothing more.

SirUrza Posted - 19 Dec 2007 : 22:15:38
I didn't check as I was reading through.
Matthus Posted - 19 Dec 2007 : 16:52:53
I liked it too, but would be interested in the change of chapter 5. Anything more you are willing to tell us SirUrza ?
SirUrza Posted - 16 Dec 2007 : 21:42:55
So I finished reading Daughter of the Drow yesterday and all I can say is wow. Where have I been and why haven't I read this before? :)
SirUrza Posted - 05 Dec 2007 : 01:13:14
It's not really a continuity issue change.. Liriel is lewder toward the prietess that comes to collect her.
initiate Posted - 05 Dec 2007 : 00:30:33

I've never read the WotC Starlight and Shadows reprint of Daughter of the Drow, so I'm afraid I dunno anything about the changes. Sorry. Its weird that they changed the end of a chapter; perhaps somebody found some sort of continuity screwup....

like the one I found later in the book. Like I said, I know nothing about the changes, but I think there is one definite inconsistency betwixt DotD and Windwalker. I won't elaborate since you are reading DotD and we might stray into spoiler country. [I wish you joy in the experience, incidentally; I thought it was great. Elaine Cunningham's books usually are.] I'll just say that I'd be interested to know if the character Elkantar is mentioned near the end of the WotC reprint.

SirUrza Posted - 05 Dec 2007 : 00:02:39
58 people read this and haven't said boo... I guess no one noticed the changes.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000