Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 How many FR Novels are set in Hell?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Cyric78 Posted - 20 Jun 2024 : 20:29:39
I've been invited to a new hardcore campaign starting next month. It's going to start in the 1st layer of Hell, then gradually progress to the 9th, "If we survive."

Anyway, I'd like to read as many FR books set in Hell. The only ones I know if are Elminster in Hell, "which does nothing for me, since most of that book was just random stories in his head" and The Brimstone Angels saga. Oh and I believe some parts of the Erevis Cale series was in hell as well.

Are there any others I may have missed?
Thank you in advance!
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Cyric78 Posted - 01 Jul 2024 : 02:57:54
Yes, we'll be using specialized kits.
I'm playing a Devil Slayer. I think the DM prefers ppl choose different class kits, so others will be choosing the Hellblade kit, Inquisitor, Thaumaturgist, etc.
I'm pretty sure the xp will be taken from the compendium. But he also modifies xp based on how players react, strategize, and handle each encounter.
Delnyn Posted - 30 Jun 2024 : 22:08:06
quote:
Originally posted by Cyric78

It's a high level campaign. We're also going to be grouped up with a chosen of some god, played by the DM himself. It's also set in 2nd edition, since the DM is more familiar with 2nd Ed than 3rd-5th.

Btw, I have the arcane trilogy with Sunbright Steelshanks. Is this the trilogy you're referring to?

Yes! That is the trilogy I was thinking of.
Since you mention 2nd edition, will the group be using any of the kits presented in Guide to Hell?
The other question is which set of XP per fiend are you using? The Monstrous Compendium lists much higher XP values for a fiend than the Planescape Appendix.
Cyric78 Posted - 30 Jun 2024 : 13:03:45
It's a high level campaign. We're also going to be grouped up with a chosen of some god, played by the DM himself. It's also set in 2nd edition, since the DM is more familiar with 2nd Ed than 3rd-5th.

Btw, I have the arcane trilogy with Sunbright Steelshanks. Is this the trilogy you're referring to?
Delnyn Posted - 30 Jun 2024 : 12:02:39
There was an Arcane Age trilogy where one apprentice (Sysquemalyn) to a Netherese archwizard (Polaris) created a simulation of the Nine Hells until a pit fiend took notice and pulled the apprentice into the real Hells.
I'm with George Krashos about the short life expectancy. I'd ask more about the campaign, but I believe the main topic is about novels, not the campaign itself.
George Krashos Posted - 30 Jun 2024 : 04:42:55
quote:
Originally posted by Cyric78

I've been invited to a new hardcore campaign starting next month. It's going to start in the 1st layer of Hell, then gradually progress to the 9th, "If we survive."

Hardcore campaign is right. If your DM plays the Hells correctly, you should last an hour. Tops.

-- George Krashos
Cyric78 Posted - 21 Jun 2024 : 13:15:05
You're right. Joel and company also go to Sigil and Brightwater. Gehenna is technically connected to Hell? But is moreso considered just part of the outer planes.

As for the Abyss, there are much more book references than Hell has. Wonder why that is?
Seravin Posted - 21 Jun 2024 : 07:30:07
I was going to say Tymora's Luck - but I believe they go to the Abyss and Gehenna rather than Hell. Still the feel of the lower planes is good in those novels (and the Blood War is prevelant), Grubb and Novak set a good scene.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000