Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 How many FR Novels are set in Hell?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

Cyric78
Acolyte

USA
14 Posts

Posted - 20 Jun 2024 :  20:29:39  Show Profile Send Cyric78 a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I've been invited to a new hardcore campaign starting next month. It's going to start in the 1st layer of Hell, then gradually progress to the 9th, "If we survive."

Anyway, I'd like to read as many FR books set in Hell. The only ones I know if are Elminster in Hell, "which does nothing for me, since most of that book was just random stories in his head" and The Brimstone Angels saga. Oh and I believe some parts of the Erevis Cale series was in hell as well.

Are there any others I may have missed?
Thank you in advance!

Seravin
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1272 Posts

Posted - 21 Jun 2024 :  07:30:07  Show Profile Send Seravin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was going to say Tymora's Luck - but I believe they go to the Abyss and Gehenna rather than Hell. Still the feel of the lower planes is good in those novels (and the Blood War is prevelant), Grubb and Novak set a good scene.
Go to Top of Page

Cyric78
Acolyte

USA
14 Posts

Posted - 21 Jun 2024 :  13:15:05  Show Profile Send Cyric78 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You're right. Joel and company also go to Sigil and Brightwater. Gehenna is technically connected to Hell? But is moreso considered just part of the outer planes.

As for the Abyss, there are much more book references than Hell has. Wonder why that is?
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6654 Posts

Posted - 30 Jun 2024 :  04:42:55  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cyric78

I've been invited to a new hardcore campaign starting next month. It's going to start in the 1st layer of Hell, then gradually progress to the 9th, "If we survive."

Hardcore campaign is right. If your DM plays the Hells correctly, you should last an hour. Tops.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus

Edited by - George Krashos on 30 Jun 2024 04:43:18
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000