Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 New Resurrection (WotSQ #6) author

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Lord Rad Posted - 20 Jan 2004 : 22:32:59
Just read this on the WotC site (tucked away where few will know again due to bad design from WotC )

"Wizards of the Coast is pleased to announce that Paul S. Kemp will author Resurrection, the sixth and final book in the New York Times best-selling R.A. Salvatore's War of the Spider Queen series. Mel Odom, previously schedule to write Resurrection, has withdrawn from the project."

Heres the link - http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=books/fr/kempresurrection
12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
SiriusBlack Posted - 21 Jan 2004 : 13:28:21
Well, that's some interesting news and thank you for the link Rad. Having enjoyed Mr. Kemp's previous work, I'll take this as a positive turn of events. He certainly is going to be busy with the Cale trilogy, this series ending novel, and of course, his day job.
Alaundo Posted - 21 Jan 2004 : 09:40:47
quote:
Originally posted by Shadowlord

Yes, it truly would. Lets petition Alaundo about it!

Well met

Ill bear it in mind Now, about this new author of the Realms....
Lord Rad Posted - 21 Jan 2004 : 09:15:15
This is great news about the change of author..... Paul Kemps novels to date are fantastic, one of my favorite FR authors by far and im now much more relaxed and confident that such a great novel series will be wrapped up by such a fitting author
Shadowlord Posted - 21 Jan 2004 : 06:02:05
Yes, it truly would. Lets petition Alaundo about it!
The Sage Posted - 21 Jan 2004 : 05:59:12
Oh...I know what you meant, I was simply being sarcastic.... I really think we need a Sarcasm emoticon here Alaundo. It would make situations like this much easier...
Shadowlord Posted - 21 Jan 2004 : 05:51:34
It shouldn't have...... I mean I didn't mean for it to.... I just meant that I can make up my mind on my own once in a while.....
The Sage Posted - 21 Jan 2004 : 05:49:48
OUCH!...that hurt...

Shadowlord Posted - 21 Jan 2004 : 05:47:22
Well, I for one do not. As is noted BEFORE you posted, just to show the folk of Candlekeep that I can think for myself before the Wise and Allknowing Sage voices his opinion.....
The Sage Posted - 21 Jan 2004 : 05:43:38
No.... I simply wanted to point out that my views on this author are my own thoughts only, and not the general opinion of the great and wise people here at Candlekeep. I respect that others may find Mel Odom's work very interesting, and may well enjoy his writing, and if that's the case...well then I say GREAT... .
Shadowlord Posted - 21 Jan 2004 : 05:39:23
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

I'm actually a little relieved to hear this news. I am not a big fan of Mel Odom...I have never really enjoyed reading any of his novels, from across many different genres. And I always seem to come away from one of his books finding that the work is wanting in some areas, particularly atmosphere and setting.

I can't talk about the one novel from this author that I have the biggest problem with, mainly because it doesn't take place in the FR universe...so I'll just leave it at that.

Special note: Please do not allow this above 'criticism' to colour your own views on this author. These are my personal views only, and should not deter others from reading his works...You may find that you enjoy his way of telling stories. I am merely stating that his way of writing, doesn't match my own particular tastes.

Whats with the special note on the bottom, Sage? Do you believe that too many people are taking your advice???
The Sage Posted - 21 Jan 2004 : 04:51:45
I'm actually a little relieved to hear this news. I am not a big fan of Mel Odom...I have never really enjoyed reading any of his novels, from across many different genres. And I always seem to come away from one of his books finding that the work is wanting in some areas, particularly atmosphere and setting.

I can't talk about the one novel from this author that I have the biggest problem with, mainly because it doesn't take place in the FR universe...so I'll just leave it at that.

Special note: Please do not allow this above 'criticism' to colour your own views on this author. These are my personal views only, and should not deter others from reading his works...You may find that you enjoy his way of telling stories. I am merely stating that his way of writing, doesn't match my own particular tastes.
Shadowlord Posted - 20 Jan 2004 : 23:08:25
Well, thats a relief! Not to say that I don't like Mel Odom or anything(I have actually read a few of his novels...), but I just prefer Paul S. Kemp's writing style, as represented in the Erevis Cale novels...

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000