Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Favorite WoTSQ scenes

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Danilo Thann Posted - 08 Jan 2004 : 14:59:38
****POSSIBLE SPOILERS THROUGHOUT******

So I read about this idea in another scroll....would anybody be interested in sharing their favorite scenes/matchups from this IMO fantastic series of books? Some that stick out in my mind:

Dissolution, it's a toss up, either when Pharaun has his second, more prepared showdown with the alhoon, or when he finally pays back his sister (Greyanna??) for her repeated attempts to kill him.

Insurrection, a few to choose from. I thought it was very interesting when Pharaun had his little banter with Alissza while passing through Hellgate, quite entertaining. For a fight scene I would say when Jeggred goes headlong after the giant spider, get's tossed, and keeps going!!

Condemnation, I could really go on and on. I think I would have to choose the battle between Gromph and the lich-drow, who would have thought THAT could happen?? Also the battle at the Pillars of Woe and the major drow houses taking a bit of whipping.

One last thing, did I detect a bit of budding romance between Ryld and Halisstra, seems unlikely for drow, but even they MUST fall in love from time to time. Any thoughts?
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
SiriusBlack Posted - 12 Jan 2004 : 15:14:49
Extinction has been available in the US via FRP Games for almost two weeks. That vendor is where I got my copy that was delivered last Thursday. I read the book in just over a day. To my knowledge, half.com also has the book available now as well.

Spoilers below for those not in possession of this book as Sirius has a new favorite scene:

"How then?" he [Ryld] asked. "Has Lolth reawakened?"

Halisstra laughed scornfully and said, "Let's check. Are you awake, Lolth? Can you see this?"

Smiling fiercely, she made a blasphemous gesture, flipping her hand palm-up, fingers curled in the sign for a dead spider.

You go with your bad self Halisstra! And good luck to you on what you are about to attempt.
Shadowlord Posted - 09 Jan 2004 : 04:58:03
however, there is a little 7 page preview, and my favorite drow scenes have got to be with Nimor Imphraezl, infiltrating Faen Tlabbars, meeting with Dyrr, and with the other Jaezred Chaulssin.
Shadowlord Posted - 09 Jan 2004 : 04:56:22
If I'm correct, Extinction wasn't released yet.....
Danilo Thann Posted - 09 Jan 2004 : 04:18:04
Sirius, you have a copy of Extinction, when was it released in the U.S.? That is where you are correct? Just curious
SiriusBlack Posted - 09 Jan 2004 : 03:57:30
Oh, and my favorite moment of the series so far. Hmm, has to be

"You are such a male!"

Quenthel to the randy Phaeraun after a certain alu-fiend's parting to him in Insurrection. I bet Thomas Reid loved writing Aliisza as she can steal every scene ala Mercutio in a certain popular play.
SiriusBlack Posted - 09 Jan 2004 : 03:53:26
quote:
Originally posted by Danilo Thann

****POSSIBLE SPOILERS THROUGHOUT******

One last thing, did I detect a bit of budding romance between Ryld and Halisstra, seems unlikely for drow, but even they MUST fall in love from time to time. Any thoughts?

Major Spoiler for those not in possession of Book IV, like me.

A poster on the WOTC board has stated that romance develops between two party members of this ragged bunch.

Based upon the evidence that you've alluded to in your quote (Best summarized by Halisstra's words at the end of Book 3, "She would not fight for Lolth again, but she would fight for her companions, Ryld in particular") and the jacket blurb for Book IV, the romantic duo most likely appears to be Ryld and Halisstra.
Lord Rad Posted - 08 Jan 2004 : 20:51:13
Dissolution - when Ryld is injured and has a badly bleeding leg and Pharaun casts web between them both, leaving Ryld trapped with the persuing drow whilst Pharaun escapes! Sudden treachery! Excellently done!

Ill have a think of some more

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000