Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms RPG Products
 So what IS Ed Greenwood working on??

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Lord Rad Posted - 15 May 2003 : 13:42:42
Seems strangely quiet from our great father of the Realms, Ed Greenwood.

Any ideas what he is doing at the moment? I know he has Elminsters Daughter novel out next year and that he is aiding Elaine Cunningham with the new Waterdeep history novel, but what else? Hes now even stopped his Elminster Speaks series for the WotC FR site.

18   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
William of Waterdeep Posted - 12 Sep 2003 : 00:01:07
Thanks again Faraer,and for the link.
Faraer Posted - 11 Sep 2003 : 23:30:31
Right. Click and see:
http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/rl/20030903a
William of Waterdeep Posted - 10 Sep 2003 : 02:18:25
Thanks Faraer! You seem to be well imformed or well read or is it both.Good to be able to ask someone a question and get the correct answer.Thats one of the things I like about Candle Keep some great mind knows the answer.

So Faraer "Realmslore" is written by Ed too,He just is ahead of the game on writing the articles for it.Is my understanding correct??
Faraer Posted - 09 Sep 2003 : 20:33:13
Yes -- we've just had Nymmurh, so Olothontor, Palarandusk, Raulothim, Saryndalaghlothtor, Thalagyrt, Tostyn Alaerthmaugh, Valamaradace, Voaraghamanthar, and Zundaerazylym are coming up. They were originally published in Dragon about five years ago.
William of Waterdeep Posted - 09 Sep 2003 : 17:40:33
[quote]Originally posted by Faraer

"Elminster Speaks" has been replaced by "Realmslore", of which Ed has submitted many instalments in advance as is his wont. "Wyrms of the North" should keep appearing until up to Zundaerazylym.

Thank you Faraer. If you will excuse my ignorance, is Zundaerazylym the last Wyrm? a-z? I assume that I am right but you now what they say about assuming.
Faraer Posted - 09 Sep 2003 : 15:39:37
"Elminster Speaks" has been replaced by "Realmslore", of which Ed has submitted many instalments in advance as is his wont. "Wyrms of the North" should keep appearing until up to Zundaerazylym.

Ed's finishing off his work on Serpent Kingdoms and The Silent House, getting into the Waterdeep novel collaboration, and umpteen or so other projects.
William of Waterdeep Posted - 09 Sep 2003 : 04:56:16
quote:
Originally posted by Voronica Whitney-Robinson

I have heard rumors that Elminster Speaks is coming to an end, but I haven't flat out asked Ed about that. I know he's got novels scheduled to come out through 2008 but I'm not able to elaborate on what they are.

I had hoped it was just a temporary thing.Oh well,they better leave Wyrms of the North alone. Thanks and I like your homepage by the way.Ever sell autographed copies of your books? Hey, doesn't hurt to ask.
The Sage Posted - 24 May 2003 : 06:53:49
Thanks Faraer

Faraer Posted - 23 May 2003 : 15:11:20
He told me back in March.
The Sage Posted - 23 May 2003 : 07:18:47
That's good to hear.

If I may ask - from where did you learn this most interesting piece of news?.

Faraer Posted - 22 May 2003 : 19:40:16
He's also working on a part of a future sourcebook. "Elminster Speaks" is going to be succeeded by a column called "Realmslore", it seems, which Ed may be working on or may written the first bunch of pieces.
Edain Shadowstar Posted - 21 May 2003 : 21:03:10
I do not know why you people are so mad about taxes, Thanks to certain loopholes in tax law I get paid five thousand dollars a year not to grow corn, and another two thousand for not growing wheat. Not to mention none of my assents are in the U.S., but just the same, why all the anger towards taxes?
The Sage Posted - 21 May 2003 : 13:38:53
TAXES!!!

What a mundane and trivial diversion for a mind as great as Ed's.

Bookwyrm Posted - 18 May 2003 : 09:31:41
They make the Great Sage pay taxes!? Don't they know what he's done for Faerun??

I guess that the IRS just doesn't care. Buncha wordy lawyers . . . polluting the lives of honest adventurers. The world just isn't safe anymore . . . . .

[Bookwyrm wanders off, muttering somthing about creating an Anti-1040 Form spell.]
George Krashos Posted - 18 May 2003 : 04:16:54
I understand he's in the process of conceptualising another novel trilogy featuring the Knights of Myth Drannor. As for gaming products, I have no idea ... last time I e-mailed Ed the poor guy was organising his taxes!

-- George Krashos
Voronica Whitney-Robinson Posted - 17 May 2003 : 03:23:23
I have heard rumors that Elminster Speaks is coming to an end, but I haven't flat out asked Ed about that. I know he's got novels scheduled to come out through 2008 but I'm not able to elaborate on what they are.

He's still around and as busy as ever!
Lazerrus Posted - 16 May 2003 : 14:00:49
He just finished and released the new Band of Four novel it just hit the shelves.
Hymn Posted - 15 May 2003 : 22:15:04
Hmm, Elminster have stopped to write?! That dosen't bode well. But perhaps he's just locked up in his tower doing wizard stuff, what ever they do.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000