Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms RPG Products
 Aasimar out?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
SuperNashwan Posted - 08 Nov 2009 : 07:15:11
Hi,

i searched the Players-, the DM- and the Players Book to the Realms for the Aasimar's. Cant find them so far - are they out?

Greets & THX
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Diffan Posted - 14 Nov 2009 : 19:12:09
If you want both Aasimars and Devas in your Realms, then look no further than here-->http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Aasimar_%284e_Race%29

True, it's homebrew but it does a good job and the feats on that site related with Aasimars are pretty good.
Cleric Generic Posted - 14 Nov 2009 : 10:06:32
I started a thread on this over at RPGnet not long ago. In the Realms, Devas were just called Aasimars before the spellplague, with fluff that can be changed, or not, at your discretion. Someone mentioned that they had not been entirely ruled out, but I don't recall who or where, and that some sort of Aasimar-esque feats were on DDI.

Personally, I think they're sufficiently well recognised and distinct to warrent a writeup, especially when you have the Eladrin and Elves in the same book. Greatly preferable, IMHO, to minotaurs and gnolls.
Purple Dragon Knight Posted - 13 Nov 2009 : 21:09:53
Come play the PRPG game, where aasimars are still aasimars:

Aasimar Characters
Aasimars are defined by class levels—they do not possess
racial Hit Dice. Aasimars have the following racial traits.
+2 Charisma, +2 Wisdom: Aasimars are insightful,
confident, and personable.
Normal Speed: Aasimars have a base speed of 30 feet.
Darkvision: Aasimars can see in the dark up to 60 feet.
Skilled: Aasimars have a +2 racial bonus on Diplomacy
and Perception checks.
Spell-Like Ability: Aasimars can use daylight once per
day as a spell-like ability (caster level equals the aasimar’s
class level).
Celestial Resistance: Aasimars have acid resistance 5,
cold resistance 5, and electricity resistance 5.
Languages: Aasimars begin play speaking Common
and Celestial. Aasimars with high Intelligence scores can
choose any of the following bonus languages: Draconic,
Dwarven, Elven, Gnome, Half ling, and Sylvan.

EDIT: daylight is now VERY powerful (in the PRPG rules) being the only spell that can pierce the darkness spell (that and continual flame IF cast by a cleric and not a wizard... i.e. cont flame is clr3, wiz/sor 2)
Gray Richardson Posted - 11 Nov 2009 : 06:45:40
Since Devas aren't really the same as aasimar, and since the name aasimar is not being used, and since the lore regarding aasimar hasn't actually been revoked, per se, one could assume that planetouched of a celestial bent are still around and may still be called aasimar in certain circles.

One thing to consider is that aasimar were most populous in Mulhorand, which had part of a continent dropped on it. So those aasimar were wiped out. But there are surely some aasimar left in other parts of the globe. How they look and what special traits they manifest will relate to their celestial heritage. No reason they should have one set of stats. You could adapt the stats from 3e into 4e, or you could just use 4e deva stats, or you could tack on creature levels, a la Savage Species, say a level or two of solar or planetar or even lammasu. Whatever works for you (and your DM).
Ashe Ravenheart Posted - 10 Nov 2009 : 21:50:07
Could be they didn't like the name since many seem to pronounce it with a short "a" instead of the long "a".
Hawkins Posted - 10 Nov 2009 : 18:14:17
I remember way back, when Rich Baker was answering questions before the release of 4e, that he stated that if Aasimars showed up in 4e, they would not be called "Aasimars" anymore because WotC brass did not like the name. Beyond that, I know nothing, because I refuse to buy into 4e.
Kno Posted - 10 Nov 2009 : 15:58:27
There won't be any aasimars in the 4th edition. The biggest problem was the name, apparently. Devas reincarnate and look different, everything else is unchanged.
ShepherdGunn Posted - 09 Nov 2009 : 15:49:05
To be honest, I don't think they're supposed to be Devas. It seems that the Aasimar are either going to be released later or not at all. A race that is "nothing but good" seems to go against WotC's current development plan.
scererar Posted - 08 Nov 2009 : 15:29:16
I don't get the Deva thing.
Brimstone Posted - 08 Nov 2009 : 14:03:40
quote:
Originally posted by Ayunken-vanzan

I think he meant that the Aasimars went the way of the eladrin and the dragonborn: what was called "aasimar" is now called "deva" regardless that they were quite different in D&D lore.

Pretty much...
Ayunken-vanzan Posted - 08 Nov 2009 : 11:08:58
I think he meant that the Aasimars went the way of the eladrin and the dragonborn: what was called "aasimar" is now called "deva" regardless that they were quite different in D&D lore.
SuperNashwan Posted - 08 Nov 2009 : 10:49:38
Thought it was obviuos ;-)

Yes i meant the 4th Edition. And Brimstone, what do you mean with Devas? And were are the Aasimars right now? Simply canceled or what?

Thx

Brimstone Posted - 08 Nov 2009 : 09:33:11
Just trying to make sure...
Kiaransalyn Posted - 08 Nov 2009 : 09:29:26
quote:
Originally posted by Brimstone

3E or 4E?

Wasn't it obvious?
Brimstone Posted - 08 Nov 2009 : 07:35:38
3E or 4E?

4E doesn't have Aasimar, we get Deva's instead.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000