Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms RPG Products
 Dragon 309

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Malanthius Posted - 27 Jul 2003 : 23:22:11
What did everybody think of the war spells section? Would you use them in your campaign?

Mal.
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Lord Rad Posted - 03 Aug 2003 : 21:30:55
quote:
Originally posted by Faraer

I don't think there's any Realms content in #308-310. I hope this isn't deliberate, and I don't plan on buying another issue until "Elminster's Guide to the Realms" resumes.

There are people who look at a world-branded article and think "I can't use that", whereas in fact so-called "generic" articles are just as much set in a specific world -- just one whose assumptions and workings we don't know about.

Nope, not a single FR article or mention at all, not even an ad
However, at first glances it is a good issue, dedicated articles on Fighters, Barbarians, Rangers, Paladins, Monks and Rogues. Theres also a 4-panel D&D3.5 DM screen included!
Faraer Posted - 03 Aug 2003 : 21:22:55
I don't think there's any Realms content in #308-310. I hope this isn't deliberate, and I don't plan on buying another issue until "Elminster's Guide to the Realms" resumes.

There are people who look at a world-branded article and think "I can't use that", whereas in fact so-called "generic" articles are just as much set in a specific world -- just one whose assumptions and workings we don't know about.
The Sage Posted - 03 Aug 2003 : 07:05:51
Swordsage said -
quote:
Do Dragon #309 and #310 have any specific FR content?

For details concerning the content in each new issue of Dragon Magazine, I would suggest consulting the Paizo Publishing Dragon Magazine site.

Mournblade Posted - 03 Aug 2003 : 06:14:15
Last time I saw #309 was in a bathroom. Infact it was written on a bathroom wall. That's it! 8675-309. Yeah that was it!

<leaves the library whistling bad 80's tunes>

By Mielikki! I think I'm turning Japanese. I really think so.

Swordsage Posted - 03 Aug 2003 : 03:24:10
Do Dragon #309 and #310 have any specific FR content?

- The Swordsage
The Sage Posted - 28 Jul 2003 : 06:36:51
I can agree with that. I stopped my subscription around #287, the special issue detailing the planes. After that I just picked up an odd issue here and there that may have had some interesting fluff material, and also only in the most rarest of cases...crunch. I think the last issue I purchased was the special issue for arena Gladiators, which contained a lot of historically accurate material. I have been wanting to run an arena style campaign (much like the arena of Istar) for some time now.

The much older issues (any issue before #250) were of much greater quality and extra handy as a resource, at least for me.

Mournblade Posted - 28 Jul 2003 : 06:16:55
I quit reading DRAGON when Piazo publishing took it over. It has just been far below standard.

The Sage Posted - 28 Jul 2003 : 02:07:19
I do not have access to this issue yet, but from the samples and replies on some other forums, they are an impressive collection. As for using them in a campaign, well...I will have to see when I purchase the magazine.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000