Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 DM's Guild
 Vandria Gilmadrith: Lady of Grief

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
varyar Posted - 21 May 2024 : 12:26:38
Hello all! I've got a new book out on the DM's Guild, this one focusing on Vandria Gilmadrith, elvish goddess of grief and vengeance. Please give it a look!

https://www.dmsguild.com/product/481871/Vandria-Gilmadrith-Lady-of-Grief
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Zeromaru X Posted - 23 May 2024 : 02:03:34
quote:
Originally posted by TBeholder

Why suddenly grief and vengeance? Did the brain trust of 4e "One, two... too many" fame merge her with Shevarash, or something?

That girl wasn't even mentioned in 4e, while Shevarash was, so dunno.
varyar Posted - 21 May 2024 : 23:22:45
quote:
Originally posted by TBeholder

quote:
Originally posted by varyar

The text itself is truer to the lore.

Speaking of the (official) lore. I was under impression that she was made just for Races of the Wild, left behind with no demand for yet another obscure Seldarine, and that was that.
I looked at FR wikia now, it appears there were also 2 mentions in generic 5e books (from 4e drudges) and grand total of 1 (one) tweet from Greenwood (the same as quoted here) linking in to FR.
It this all?
Also, the tweet went with "grief" only, did "elven Red Knight" idea wither in 5e?

Yes, Vandria is poorly represented in the lore. That's one reason I picked her to write about (the other, more important one is that she's the patron goddess of one of my old FR PCs from 3E so I've always liked her).

As for "elven Red Knight", no, that's still part of her concept. From Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes:

Province (aka Portfolio): War, grief, justice, vigilance.
Domains: Grave, War
TBeholder Posted - 21 May 2024 : 22:02:33
quote:
Originally posted by varyar

Speaking of the (official) lore. I was under impression that she was made just for Races of the Wild, left behind with no demand for yet another obscure Seldarine, and that was that.
I looked at FR wikia now, it appears there were also 2 mentions in generic 5e books (from 4e drudges) and grand total of 1 (one) tweet from Greenwood (the same as quoted here) linking in to FR.
It this all?
Also, the tweet went with "grief" only, did "elven Red Knight" idea wither in 5e?
varyar Posted - 21 May 2024 : 15:38:41
That's a bit of poor phrasing in my description, I admit. I'll adjust the product page.

TBeholder Posted - 21 May 2024 : 13:54:39
Why suddenly grief and vengeance? Did the brain trust of 4e "One, two... too many" fame merge her with Shevarash, or something?

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000