Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Book Club
 Shadowrealm - Chapters 1 - 4

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
The Sage Posted - 12 Dec 2008 : 23:24:22
Well met

This is a Book Club thread for Shadowrealm (Book 3 of The Twilight War trilogy), by Paul S Kemp. Please discuss chapters 1 - 4 herein.
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Dennis Posted - 13 Apr 2011 : 08:40:52

I'm now rereading this for some research. And it's still as fun as the first time I did!
Dennis Posted - 26 Nov 2010 : 05:49:29
Makes us wonder if Lathandar should do the same to Abelar. But then again, Cale endured more tribulations than Abelar.
Ayrik Posted - 26 Nov 2010 : 05:23:30
I approve of this attempt to "humanize" Mask with depth, he wasn't much more than a talking sword in earlier novels.
Dennis Posted - 26 Nov 2010 : 05:07:08
quote:
Originally posted by Kyrene

...and Mask's apology was a nice touch.

Agreed. I didn't expect it. I didn't know he's capable of apology.
Kyrene Posted - 31 Jan 2010 : 10:15:11
Having read the first trilogy, and the first two books in this one back-to-back, I was a little burned out on Cale and only recently resumed at around chapter 2 or so (where the Ordulan army met with disaster). They met a horrible enough end, although I did feel a little sorry for them, as it had been the Talassans, Mirabeta and their original leader (I forget the name) who had been the evil ones. Mag's depression is ominous, and Mask's apology was a nice touch.
The Red Walker Posted - 13 Jan 2009 : 01:56:20
It's just like I finshed book two and started right in with this one. Paul's writing style is easy to get settled into and flows seamlessly from book to book. I enjoy seeing Riven still there to make sure Cale is on his toes.
Probably the most facinating events so far for me is Mask apologizing for what he did to Cale, and the implication that he may be protecting Varra for/from Cale.

ed:sp

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000