Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Book Club
 The Sword Never Sleeps- Chapters 17- 24 & Epilogue

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
The Sage Posted - 10 Nov 2008 : 12:41:40
Well met

This is a Book Club thread for The Sword Never Sleeps (Book 3 of The Knights of Myth Drannor trilogy), by Ed Greenwood. Please discuss the chapters 17 - 24 and the epilogue herein.

The Hooded One will be here to pass on any questions to Ed and provide responses to comments.
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Nefarious Posted - 04 Jun 2009 : 15:40:13
Fantastic series. I wish there were more to delve into these unassuming (*cough*) heroes lives. Any more involvement from Elminster would really render me satisfied.

Please Ed, for the love of your fans give us more!
The Red Walker Posted - 13 Jan 2009 : 01:51:16
Loved it , don't k ow how to say it better than that.

And Lady THO , you. Were not kidding a ways back when you said this no el would end with the Knights just barely reaching The Dales! I so want there to be a book 4 and 5. I really want to read more about their early days in Shadowdale. Twouls also be a perfect place for Ed to touch base with Hesperdan again. Would also be cool to see where The Old Ghost goes next and who he targets.

Great work Ed , can't wait for your next realms foray! Soon as I finish Shadowrealm I am going to tackle Dark Warrior Rising for another dose of your work.
Braveheart Posted - 20 Dec 2008 : 20:11:25
Considering that WotC only want to publish 4E novels, a new knights novel would be a bit contradictory (although I'd love to read about their mishaps in Shadowdale). But you never know with time portals and such...
The Hooded One Posted - 20 Dec 2008 : 19:57:36
Update:
HOWEVER, knowing Ed as I do, and reading between the lines of some cryptic hints he's let drop across the gaming table these past few seasons, I don't think we've seen the last of Ed fiction involving the land of Cormyr, somehow.
Nor the last of Ed fiction involving Elminster.
The Knights, though, I don't know and can't even suspect anything, from what I can glean from Ed. Of course, he's said NOTHING directly, beyond "Smile, NDA, Smile, I know you understand, Smile."
love,
THO
The Hooded One Posted - 12 Dec 2008 : 00:12:46
The current answer would of course be: NDA.
I'm doubting it, though, from some things reportedly said at GenCon this year (not by Ed) about the time-setting of most Realms novels, henceforth.
love,
THO
Ashe Ravenheart Posted - 17 Nov 2008 : 05:00:45
Okay, finished the book. Another great read!

Quick question though, it ends with "So ends Book III". Will there (dare I hope) be MORE?
Ashe Ravenheart Posted - 15 Nov 2008 : 16:43:50
BEST LINES I HAVE EVER READ:

"Tymora look down!" he gasped. "Such arrogance! He even labeled it!"
"Staff of Doom," Torm intoned grandly, "Made by Manshoon, mightiest of Zhentarim." He chuckled, "Modest, isn't he?"

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000