Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Book Club
 Neversfall: Chapters 11 - 15

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Alaundo Posted - 02 Nov 2007 : 15:54:16
Well met

This is a Book Club thread for Neversfall (Book 1 of the Citadels series), by Ed Gentry. Please discuss chapters 11 - 15 herein.
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
EdGentry Posted - 14 Jun 2008 : 04:52:16
I LOVED making the non-typical dwarf. I'm really pleased you enjoyed it too.
KnightErrantJR Posted - 14 Jun 2008 : 00:07:59
It was interesting seeing a dwarf that highlighted the "greed" side of dwarves instead of the "steadfast warrior" side of them. While Marlke doesn't quite fit my desire to see a true dwarven villain sometime, he's a lot closer to that concept than other dwarves I've seen (not that I want all dwarves to be evil money grubbing villains, but often the greedy part seems to get forgotten while portraying their positive or comedic traits).
EdGentry Posted - 10 Dec 2007 : 15:56:32
RW, I'm glad the Marlke twist worked for you. Writing his final scene was a ton of fun. I'm not sure what it says about me that I so enjoyed writing a scene with a man dying horribly and not-so-quickly, but there it is, heh.

Your question about Taennen is really what the story has been leading up to and, in a lot of ways, is the point of the book. I hope it doesn't disappoint.

Thank you very much for continuing to post your thoughts and play-by-play interpretations as you go.
The Red Walker Posted - 10 Dec 2007 : 14:40:09
Ed, something was bothering me about your story, but I decided to wait until I finished it to bring it up. Godd thing I waited as you took care of it rather nicely! I felt you were underutilizing Marlke.
He had the potential to be a very interesting caharacter in a story "full of humans" so to speak. I now see why you did, he was your trump card! Jhoqo is still a SOB, but Marlke was the one getting his hands dirty. Nice twist my friend. If he were more used it would have been very hard for you to hide this from us this long.
Now that Jhoqo has subdued Adeenya and Lied to his son Taennea again by tell him she was one of the traitors, I am very curious to see how she gets out of this sticky situation. Will the spark of commradery she ignited in Taen be fanned by Jhoqo's unusual behavior or will he slip back into the comfort of totally trusting Jhoqo?
The Sage Posted - 10 Dec 2007 : 01:15:23
At the request of the Red Walker:-
quote:
Originally posted by The Red Walker

quote:
Originally posted by EdGentry

Ahh...any time a character elicits any strong feeling is a satisfying moment for a writer. Thank you for that, RW. I'm glad you hate him.

He makes it easy, like it appears he is sending Taennen to die on the scouting mission led by Bascau. (even though he is a shadowy type I smile everytime I read his name, I feel his name is pronounced bas-cow but in my head I hear Bosco and think of that episode of seinfeld focused on that chocolatey concoction)
It seems fairly certain that these new hired soldiers have a hidden cache of barbarian oufits hidden somewhere close, but I could be wrong. But it feels like Bascau is leaving all his men behind for something sinister.

quote:
Originally posted by EdGentry

To not spoil your enjoyment I will neither confirm nor deny any of your hypotheses. But please keep up the comments. Hearing a reader's thought processes helps a lot!

Oh, for what it's worth, I pronounce it 'Bass-koo' (short a sound like the fish).

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000