Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 D&D Core Products
 Dungeon Tiles

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Dargoth Posted - 21 Aug 2006 : 11:29:48
One of the guys over at Maxminis posted pics of the WOTC Dungeon Tiles

http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/8117/dungeontiles1xz3.jpg

http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/688/dungeontiles2rv4.jpg
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Alisttair Posted - 20 Sep 2006 : 13:27:03
It gives a nicer visual representation than just black lines on a mat
Sanishiver Posted - 20 Sep 2006 : 02:12:24
The quality on these is pretty high. I had a player in my game last night actually think some of the pieces I'd layered one over the other were all of one piece.

It's kind of nice to play without the dry erase mat. The lack of a large grid puts all the focus on only the tiles that are on the table, which is a nice change.

J. Grenemyer
Alisttair Posted - 19 Sep 2006 : 18:22:08
Yeah the low price was the main factor in me getting multiple copies. I also will use the dry erase mat for outdoors and other places these tiles dont make sense for...but when I can use em I will :)
Dhomal Posted - 19 Sep 2006 : 17:21:01
Hello-

I actually got a set of these at GenCon - and just a couple of weeks ago was able to use them.

They were not too big a problem having them slide around, from my experience. They are not paper-thin, so a simple movement of an arm etc wont cause them to flutter off! :)

One thing I discovered that worked well: I used a 3x2 piece for the PC's party and moved that around to show their movement - a lot easier than moving the 5 figures as the walked around. Only works for the situations where they stay 'in marching order' - but since we were in a dungeon atmosphere - it worked well. We have a dry-erase mat too - and having to wipe and re-draw stuff as they moved from room to room was a little tedious. This way - we can slide parts of the map around to make way for new areas. We will certainly continue to use them - but we will also probably use the mat - more for outdoor things I would guess.

The only issue I had was that there was basically 2 whole-page pieces that show a building on one side, and blank dungeon room on the other. This reduced the amount (and cariety) of other pieces I got in the set. I'll probably pick up another set sometime - $10 (IIRC) is not bad at all. I am looking forward to other sets as well.

Dhomal
Alisttair Posted - 19 Sep 2006 : 16:32:03
I bought one for myself and got two for my bro's bday. The next trip to Undermountain should be plenty more fun with these.
Xysma Posted - 31 Aug 2006 : 16:19:53
I only bought one set, but I plan on picking up another. They are high quality and very useful. I look forward to running again so I can use them. The only concern I have is that they will slide around as my players move their pcs. Did that concern you as well Dargoth?
Lady Morbannaon Posted - 29 Aug 2006 : 01:55:43
Thanks for the links , they do look very interesting.

Although i'm not sure they are something i'll be getting I don't tend to use the tiles that much and when I do need something I find my large sheet of perspex and a battle map suffice - although maybe they'll be something i'll put on my want list for people who want to buy me something
Dargoth Posted - 29 Aug 2006 : 01:25:45
I bought 2 sets of Dungeons Tiles 1 yesterday and I like them, there very sturdy they cant be bent easily.

I plan on using them next time I run COSQ

Chosen of Moradin Posted - 21 Aug 2006 : 13:35:58
Thanks for the links, Dargoth! Very pretty images.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000