Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 D&D Core Products
 Gummi Bears?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Beldar Roaringhorn Posted - 01 Aug 2006 : 02:57:01
Does anyone remember that 80's cartoon, The Gummi Bears? When I was a kid I loved that show, anyway, what would they be like in D&D 3E stats. Probably slightly along the lines of halflings combined with elves. I remember they were supposed to be competent mages so maybe that would be their favored class. Its interesting to think about anyway...

Mod Edit: Moved to the more-generalised D&D section of Candlekeep
30   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Alisttair Posted - 17 Aug 2006 : 20:42:28
My little Ponies make great mounts to help combat Glowworms....
Bladedancer Posted - 17 Aug 2006 : 20:12:41
nevermind
Snotlord Posted - 08 Aug 2006 : 20:25:32
Sweeet
Bladedancer Posted - 08 Aug 2006 : 16:43:52
Toadie was his name Snotlord. God I loved that guy.
Snotlord Posted - 06 Aug 2006 : 00:12:55
I remember the Gummi Bears, and enjoyed it quite a bit although I was a bit older than the target audience. My favorite character was the servant/henchman for the evil lord, which has been a template for many many D&D characters since (along with Lord Black Adder).
Mace Hammerhand Posted - 03 Aug 2006 : 12:13:14
I still am not that firm in 3.5 to stat anything out of the box so to speak...sorry
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 03 Aug 2006 : 01:45:24
Actually, if I recall correctly the gummiberry juice could make humans bounce too. But then, it's been a long time since I watched that show...
Foxhelm Posted - 02 Aug 2006 : 18:23:54
You also have the remember that Gummiberry juice seems to have different effects on different species. Gummi have the bouncing power, while humans and ogres get short boosts of strength. Who knows what effect it would have on orc, dwarfs or elves?
Naeryndam Posted - 02 Aug 2006 : 17:04:22
Is anybody willing to do the stats of a gummi pc?
Kuje Posted - 02 Aug 2006 : 04:56:57
quote:
Originally posted by Rinonalyrna Fathomlin

Kuje, that movie bombed at the box office.

And when I watched it, I saw why. That duck was actually pretty creepy looking, and the movie even hints at possible (but unfulfilled) bestiality (the duck gets "turned on" by that girl he stays with).

I know it did.... but we were sick children. :) Or, we didn't really know any better cause we were kids when it came out.

Anyhow, we should get this semi-back on topic......
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 02 Aug 2006 : 04:39:44
Kuje, that movie bombed at the box office.

And when I watched it, I saw why. That duck was actually pretty creepy looking, and the movie even hints at possible (but unfulfilled) bestiality (the duck gets "turned on" by that girl he stays with).
Kuje Posted - 02 Aug 2006 : 04:01:56
quote:
Originally posted by Rinonalyrna Fathomlin

quote:
Originally posted by Kuje

Hey,

Don't forget Howard the Duck (gods, i'm showing my age on this one)

I've seen that movie.

It is proof that not everything George Lucas touches turns to gold (he produced it, I think).

Yes,

he was one of the producers. :)

Man, I saw that when it came out at the movies/on vhs. Sad. :)
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 02 Aug 2006 : 03:09:23
quote:
Originally posted by Kuje

Hey,

I've seen that movie.

It is proof that not everything George Lucas touches turns to gold (he produced it, I think).
Reefy Posted - 02 Aug 2006 : 02:18:13
quote:
Originally posted by Mace Hammerhand

We could also introduce a vampire-spawn called Count Duckula!

Danilo Thann would probably sing a new tune: "Duckling on Heaven's Door"

And of course we'd have the Ducks of Myth Drannor!

Ouch... just ouch.
Kuje Posted - 02 Aug 2006 : 01:16:27
The smurfs scare me as a adult.... I've always wondered why there's really only one female in the whole village..... quite... interesting.
The Sage Posted - 02 Aug 2006 : 01:11:14
Actually, I think the indivdual Smurf characters would make interesting NPCs for a campaign.

Heh. Brainy could be the local town sage the adventurers regularly visit for lore and other campaign-related information.
Brian R. James Posted - 02 Aug 2006 : 00:46:38
I thought it odd in a Disney production, that the Gummi Bears would just toss the empty bottles into the forest after drinking the Gummi Berry juice.
Naeryndam Posted - 01 Aug 2006 : 21:28:38
What would be the stats of gummi bears in 3E terms?
Mace Hammerhand Posted - 01 Aug 2006 : 17:59:46
quote:
Originally posted by Beldar Roaringhorn

I wasn't trying to create a discussion of random cartoon characters but.... Aaaaaanyway, I like your idea of gummiberry juice Mace Hammerhand. Still, wouldn't that be a little too overwhelming?

Not really, I didn't mention a duration, butjudging from what I remember of the show, which I haven't seen in more than a decade, the gummis could jump that far, remember 60 feet is just about 20 meters. Plus they could attack, if one could call it that, and bounce on. Also blunt instruments didn't really do any damage at all, so considering that the DR only works for blunt weapons it ain't that much of a problem...

Duration? Maybe 6 rounds...
Jorkens Posted - 01 Aug 2006 : 17:51:27
Well, its a well known fact that the barbarian hero known as captain Caveman is a member of the hairy Hanna-barbarians that live on a small island on the western shore of the great ice sea.

The islands center is heated by volcanic activity and geysers that makes it possible for the magical Cluballa tree to grow. This is a holy tree and a compromise in an old argument between Silvanus and the goddess of Air, where it was agreed that the tree should grow in the air itself. From these the Hanna-barbarians make their magical flying clubs.

In the later years there has been rumours of the island sinking and the Hanna-barbarians preparing to migrate. They will probably travel in the branches of the flying trees. No one are sure on how they will meet the rest of faerun or where their will travel, as they both have a lousy sense of direction and somewhat slow thought-process as long as food is not involved.

Wherever they travel it will be a scream.

PS Wooly, could you stat them in 2ed. terms?
Beldar Roaringhorn Posted - 01 Aug 2006 : 17:50:13
I wasn't trying to create a discussion of random cartoon characters but.... Aaaaaanyway, I like your idea of gummiberry juice Mace Hammerhand. Still, wouldn't that be a little too overwhelming? I'm glad somebody else remembers the show Sage.

As for Jorkens' question-
I was actually thinking of using them. I figured that since the gummis left Europe for central America to escape humans, they would have had to leave again once the conquistadors came. If the Gummis were such powerful wizards, then why not perform a spell that transfers their civilization to another plane or planet? To me that would be the best way to keep their civilization alive. I don't know where they would settle on Faerun (help there would be nice), but the elves would likely accept them as kindred spirits. I could even see the dwarves accepting them, since the gummis built vast tunnel networks underground. They would most likely be wary of humans, but I'm sure they would be able to defend themselves against Thay and Shade, so they would have some staying power.
Mace Hammerhand Posted - 01 Aug 2006 : 17:11:35
Do the smurf live in the same area as the fungimen? (forgot their name*shrug*)
Wooly Rupert Posted - 01 Aug 2006 : 17:08:13
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

quote:

And of course... Duck Dodgers!!!

Ah yes, the Egyptian God of Frustration.

I still love that line!

quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

-- And to bring us back on topic... how would any of you reflect the effects of Gummiberry Juice in d20 stats?

I never really watched that show... But I'd be willing to help try to stat out Captain Caveman or the Smurfs.
Mace Hammerhand Posted - 01 Aug 2006 : 17:01:15
Bonus Jump attack feat for duration, jump without starting run for at least 60 feet, DR15/everything EXCEPT bludgeon weapons, reflection for blunt attacks back on the attacker grapple modifier as AB

Of course I didn't research enough of the series and didn't bother to look into the rulebooks either
The Sage Posted - 01 Aug 2006 : 16:42:40
quote:

Don't forget Nanny and Igor.

quote:

Ah yes, the Egyptian God of Frustration.

-- And to bring us back on topic... how would any of you reflect the effects of Gummiberry Juice in d20 stats?
Mace Hammerhand Posted - 01 Aug 2006 : 16:15:37
Kuje Posted - 01 Aug 2006 : 15:47:28
Hey,

And Scrooge McDuck. :)
Mace Hammerhand Posted - 01 Aug 2006 : 12:24:54

Danilo Thann would probably sing a new tune: "Duckling on Heaven's Door"

And of course we'd have the Ducks of Myth Drannor!
Jorkens Posted - 01 Aug 2006 : 11:25:17
Hm, would spellducker then become a character-class?

That half-duck template could be a real hit.

Now, what about the chosen of the duck god Baercksos?

Help, I cant stop myself.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 01 Aug 2006 : 11:17:21
quote:

At first we'd have to introduce a potion of flexibility combined with jumping and bouncing...

On second thought, I always loved Glorantha...can't we have DUCKS in the Realms????

Why stop there? Why not have wereducks?

We need a Ducks of the Realms supplement. There's obviously interest in it: No really . . . I need stats for a duck . . .

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000