Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 D&D Core Products
 Pathfinder: Classic Monsters Revisited

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Purple Dragon Knight Posted - 03 Aug 2008 : 00:34:33
I just received my copy of "Classic Monsters Revisited" from Paizo...

All I have to say is: incredible!

This book is simply marvelous! all scribes here would benefit from owning it, and it is directly portable in the Realms. This book provides goblin songs, poems, recipes, etc! It cover orcs, goblins, hobgoblins, gnolls, ogres, bugbears and kobolds (I may be forgetting a few, but you get the idea: it has everything on the "classic D&D baddies")
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Ayunken-vanzan Posted - 25 Sep 2008 : 21:58:30
Classic Monster revisited was the first of the Pathfinder Chronicles arriving at the beginning of last week. I have started to read it, and I am impressed. The bugbear is detailed as the classic "monster in the closet"/"monster under your child's bed". Despite its bulk it is sneaky, and it likes to slowly increase the horror of its victim: first a sound its prey dismisses as the wind or something like that. Then a window left open, but not by the victim, and slowly he understands that there is something out there lurking ...

The bugbear savors the stench of fear emanating from its prey, and if the hunt proves to be most satisfying, it may take an ear as remembrance of a fulfilling night.
Ardashir Posted - 25 Sep 2008 : 18:03:56
quote:
Originally posted by Brimstone

-I like how Ogres are inbred humans in a deliverince sorta way!

BRIMSTONE

I thought the deal with ogres was nice too, though my own take would be "overgrown examples of the stupid, sadistic kids I remember from school."

For some reason it's just scarier that way.

And good work on why bugbears like killing people: the smell of human fear acts on them like an endorphin. So your fear = their pleasure!
Quale Posted - 04 Aug 2008 : 16:47:25
I always pictured them with fey/hag/giant origin
Markustay Posted - 03 Aug 2008 : 19:45:22
I always pictured Ogres as being Hill Giant/Human Crossbreeds, but that sounds painful and makes little sense (especially since I picture Hill Giants as Mountain Giant/Ogre crossbreeds).

Anyhow, I think that works for Golarion, but I don't think that would work elsewhere - ogres have been Goblinoids, Giants, and their own, seperate race depending on what editon and world you play, so I Guess this just adds to their 'mystery'.

One of those races that always evolve on a world, but in a different way each time. Both cool and weird.

Hmmm... maybe Hill Giant/Half-Orc Crossbreeds - they do look like huge Half-Orcs.
Quale Posted - 03 Aug 2008 : 19:02:00
I don't like that with ogres, but yea it's nice, find it much more useful than 4e MM
Markustay Posted - 03 Aug 2008 : 02:29:45
Also looking forward to getting this one - I've heard nothing but great reviews.

Its like old-school FR, when the lore was more prominent then the mechanics, and attention to detail ruled the day.
Brimstone Posted - 03 Aug 2008 : 01:32:20
-Trolls, Minotaurs, and Lizardfolk.

-I like how Ogres are inbred humans in a deliverince sorta way!

BRIMSTONE

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000