Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 D&D Core Products
 Lich Queen queries

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Jamallo Kreen Posted - 28 Jun 2008 : 19:10:17
Has anyone here run the Dungeon / Dragon adventures of githyannki world conquest and set them on Toril? How did it work out?

Also, is Eberron's Lich Queen the same as Her Nibs of the Astral or is she someone else entirely?

17   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Na-Gang Posted - 04 Aug 2008 : 10:49:19
Many thanks, Sage.
The Sage Posted - 04 Aug 2008 : 08:57:28
'Twas DUNGEON #100 and DRAGON #309.
Na-Gang Posted - 04 Aug 2008 : 08:12:44
Which Dragon/Dungeon issues featured this adventure path please?
Markustay Posted - 04 Aug 2008 : 06:40:37
quote:
Originally posted by Jamallo Kreen

Now, has anyone tried to destroy Toril with a gith invasion?
I think WotC has...

But they decided to use Designers instead.

Sorry mods... I just couldn't resist that one.
Darkmeer Posted - 04 Aug 2008 : 06:28:09
Some other thoughts, mostly related:

I did note that it would have been easier in Sembia to cause internal strife by rumormongoring, if you wanted to keep to the same area.
If you wanted to do something more Wilderness-oriented, I'd recommend Chult, Tharsult, or anywhere along that peninsula (avoiding Halruaa, unless you want some seriously cool flying ship swashbuckling).
The Shaar and Dambrath also make great targets, and Dambrath could be an interesting intrigue...
Keep it out of the North/Silverymoon, as that would get the Chosen involved quick. Calimsham might even be a good choice. Just think of where the Chosen AREN'T, and then go with what strikes you as a cool idea.

/d
Darkmeer Posted - 04 Aug 2008 : 06:24:04
Sorry for the late reply here, I've been diligently finding all of my old campaign notes, and adjusting for certain instances. In all reality, the events surrounding Tilverton's destruction make for the easiest way of attacking Faerun proper. My old campaign set with this had the Githyanki working WITH shade to take down Cormyr. This was especially true when you figured in the Necrotic energies used by the githyanki fusing with the strong shadow magics of the Shades.

The lead up to it was mostly in the areas of the Storm Horns and Suzail proper. The PC's were envoys of one of the local barons, and were helping to get things back in order after the attack of the Grodd Goblins (see Into the Dragon's Lair adventure, which ran prior to this adventure about partway through before mother nature took that adventure away from me... blasted water...).

Now, the Githyanki had been finding the best way to slow down the defenders, and to create a distraction, so they allied with the shades. As the Shades wanted the country, and the Githyanki wanted a specific artifact, they were both poised to take down Cormyr in search for it. During the events surrounding the destruction of Tilverton, the Githyanki attacked en masse, and took Suzail. The poor capital hadn't been repaired fully from the last dragon that attacked, and 12 Adult red dragons and an army of Githyanki with their sky ships attacked the capital essentially unawares. Certain areas were already cleared, as some of the Fire Knives had been promised a place in the new order of Cormyr by the Githyanki.

It was at this point the players chose the role of Guerrilla fighters in the city and the forests surrounding Suzail. That lasted about 2 more sessions and the campaign ended without resolution (they were about 2 adventures away from the "Lich Queen's Beloved" adventure in Dungeon.)

The notes I had for further adventuring interests:
The Shades were betrayed by the Githyanki. They want revenge, even if it means that Cormyr is restored (they figured they'd be able to take it down).
The Chosen were dealing with other things at this point in time (the Shades were running interference, as well as some other Zhentarim and Twisted rune fun as background for MY information only).
Some of the best allies were in the Dalelands if the PC's wanted their help (the NON-spider-kissing Drow in Cormanthor, as well as a single Mind Flayer hidden somewhere under Suzail).

There were some ideas, and I wasn't nearly as good with realmslore at that time as I am now.

/d
Dracons Posted - 14 Jul 2008 : 06:38:18
She is a half-dragon (green type) elf with the Mark of Death.

.... Just because one's a Faerun fan doesn't mean one can't know anything of Eberron.
Jamallo Kreen Posted - 01 Jul 2008 : 07:39:22
The Dragon 309 pages are 77 - 79. James Wyatt wrote the article, and suggests getting the Chosen out of the way (by kidnapping if not assassination). What is intriguing is that the githyanki may be viewed as allies and/or liberators at first, because they may assassinate Obould Many-Arrows, Fzoul Chembryll, Manshoon, etc. -- although they'll also go after the Chosen and the Obarskyrs and ....

As a less horrendous entry, the githyanki may be trying to retrieve their long-lost god's body from Chult or from the Underdark -- from under Menzoberranzan! (As if anyone will stop them from destroying that!)

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 30 Jun 2008 : 18:25:08
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

quote:
Originally posted by Rinonalyrna Fathomlin

Lady Vol is, IIRC, half-elf, half-green dragon (mind you, I am only passingly familiar with Eberron).
Actually, I think it's just [elf half-dragon], though it's been a while since I've checked.

That is more or less what I was intending to say.
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 30 Jun 2008 : 18:23:59
quote:

Thank you, Lady Rinonalyrna.

You're welcome.
Sanishiver Posted - 29 Jun 2008 : 06:47:48
My campaign never quite made it that far, though I’d set things up to go that route ahead of time.

Aside from running the actual Incursion story arc, I did use the game stats and githyanki information from the Dragon/Dungeon cross-over to great effect with other adventures in my game. Especially the stuff on Dragons and Astral Dreadnaughts.

It was game stats like that which offset what my players could do with Shapechange and other high level powers.
The Sage Posted - 29 Jun 2008 : 01:54:19
quote:

Has anyone here run the Dungeon / Dragon adventures of gith world conquest and set them on Toril? How did it work out?
I've never actually used the "Incursion" story-arc in the Realms. But as I recall, the DRAGON articles for the adventure path do have a section on using "Incursion" in Faerūn.
The Sage Posted - 29 Jun 2008 : 01:48:37
quote:

Lady Vol is, IIRC, half-elf, half-green dragon (mind you, I am only passingly familiar with Eberron).
Actually, I think it's just [elf half-dragon], though it's been a while since I've checked.

In my EBERRON, the Lady Vol is an psychically-derived aspect of the immortal Lich Queen of the Githyanki in Khorvaire.
KnightErrantJR Posted - 29 Jun 2008 : 01:28:02
I know Darkmeer has . . . I'll hail him and see if he has any thoughts to add.
Jamallo Kreen Posted - 29 Jun 2008 : 01:26:59
Oooh ... so she's Lady Vol, eh? Live (or undie) and learn....

Thank you, Lady Rinonalyrna. Now, has anyone tried to destroy Toril with a gith invasion?

MerrikCale Posted - 29 Jun 2008 : 00:34:39
quote:
If you are talking about Lady Vol--yes, she's different from the Githyanki Lich Queen. Lady Vol is, IIRC, half-elf, half-green dragon (mind you, I am only passingly familiar with Eberron).

Eberron? Eberron? Is that thing with the lycanthrope wannabes and golem thingamabobs?
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 28 Jun 2008 : 22:56:23
quote:

Also, is Eberron's Lich Queen the same as Her Nibs of the Astral or is she someone else entirely?

If you are talking about Lady Vol--yes, she's different from the Githyanki Lich Queen. Lady Vol is, IIRC, half-elf, half-green dragon (mind you, I am only passingly familiar with Eberron).

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000