Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 D&D Core Products
 Why will you buy the 4th Ed.?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Ergdusch Posted - 02 Jun 2008 : 10:52:42
Leading onto from my first poll question: Will you buy the 4th Ed.? - the follow-up question:

why will you buy the 4th Ed. books?

I encourrage all of you to explain your answers with a post.

"I will buy the 4th Ed. books because I...
16   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Stonwulfe Posted - 21 Jun 2008 : 03:49:44
quote:
Originally Posted by Alisttair:
Wow there is a lot of knowledge within that head of yours. Must be good. Try not to lose too much sleep.

Oh, sleep's never an issue for me. What between my mad D&D related ponderings, ethnoarchaeometallurgical research, full-time employment, and being a father. I sleep like a rock. I just don't sleep much.
Markustay Posted - 20 Jun 2008 : 18:39:49
I think for me, at this point, the question is "Why will I return it?"
Alisttair Posted - 20 Jun 2008 : 17:16:39
quote:
Originally posted by Stonwulfe

All of the above. Plus, I'm a geek of epic proportions. I have every D&D book ever printed for public consumption, including the fiction. I've read all of it cover to cover. I stay up late at night wondering about problems like the application of a metatext type godtrap in the world of exarchs and demigods that now exists (i.e. what happens if one of your intended prey's godlings goes stumbling into the trap instead of your intended target?). 4e is just an extension of my musing.

Wow there is a lot of knowledge within that head of yours. Must be good. Try not to lose too much sleep.
Stonwulfe Posted - 20 Jun 2008 : 17:12:32
All of the above. Plus, I'm a geek of epic proportions. I have every D&D book ever printed for public consumption, including the fiction. I've read all of it cover to cover. I stay up late at night wondering about problems like the application of a metatext type godtrap in the world of exarchs and demigods that now exists (i.e. what happens if one of your intended prey's godlings goes stumbling into the trap instead of your intended target?). 4e is just an extension of my musing.
Purple Dragon Knight Posted - 20 Jun 2008 : 03:23:06
You better order filet mignon or the next most expensive piece of steak available at that restaurant... with lots of wine too!
Sanishiver Posted - 19 Jun 2008 : 06:41:17
I'll make them take me to dinner when we finally wrap up our Third Edition Realms campaign.
Purple Dragon Knight Posted - 19 Jun 2008 : 02:00:37
quote:
Originally posted by Sanishiver

All of the Above.

Why? Because I'm a damn good Realms Dungeon Master and I have the privilege of DMing for four very smart players.

So I bought a set of 4E books for each of my players as a way to say ‘thank you’ to them for sticking with our game all these years.

I also benefit from their gaming knowledge and quick analysis of the new system.

Lastly, I want to be the DM that gets them going in the new system and in the new Realms. I want their best 4E memories to be ones made at my gaming table.

:)

*You* bought *them* E-A-C-H a set of the 4E books to T-H-A-N-K *them* for sticking around for all these years?!?!?! *They* should be buying *you* stuff, not the other way around!!!!
Sanishiver Posted - 19 Jun 2008 : 01:33:26
All of the Above.

Why? Because I'm a damn good Realms Dungeon Master and I have the privilege of DMing for four very smart players.

So I bought a set of 4E books for each of my players as a way to say ‘thank you’ to them for sticking with our game all these years.

I also benefit from their gaming knowledge and quick analysis of the new system.

Lastly, I want to be the DM that gets them going in the new system and in the new Realms. I want their best 4E memories to be ones made at my gaming table.

:)
Alisttair Posted - 18 Jun 2008 : 18:56:13
Now that I have played the game, I DID buy the PH because it is fun. And seeing the ease the DM had made me want to buy the DMG and MM so I did (buy the DMG so far, MM when I get some money).
Chosen of Moradin Posted - 18 Jun 2008 : 17:30:54
I want to play the game.
BARDOBARBAROS Posted - 18 Jun 2008 : 10:21:43
like to compare the old rules with the new
MerrikCale Posted - 03 Jun 2008 : 02:59:24
I think the new rules have some merit
scererar Posted - 03 Jun 2008 : 01:51:59
I want to keep up on any new FR lore.
Snotlord Posted - 02 Jun 2008 : 16:28:52
I want to compare, then decide. I am undecided at the moment, but 4e has a couple of big draws for me:

- the promise of faster high-level play
- simpler monster & npc design
- smarter multiclassing
- mabye it's time for something new, and this may be it
Alisttair Posted - 02 Jun 2008 : 16:12:34
Will play, looks like fun.
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 02 Jun 2008 : 15:50:48
I want to play the game.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000