Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 D&D Core Products
 Nobleknight.com Moving Sale

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Kuje Posted - 23 Apr 2008 : 20:46:42
I got this email from Nobleknight that I thought some of you might be interested in.

This week I'm pleased to announce our MEGA MOVING SALE!!!

Thanks to you our valued customers we have outgrown our current facility and will be moving to a better location here in Janesville when our lease is up in a couple of months. Its been almost 2 years since our last sale and with our warehouse move coming up in a couple of months, it’s a great excuse to move out some good, but older, stuff at super low pricing! To put it plainly, we have lowered the prices on literally THOUSANDS of older items and for the next 10 days (or so) you can take an additional 10% off these already lowered prices and ALL items including clearance items, rare items, new releases, etc!!! New releases this week at discount include new Mutants & Masterminds, Exalted, Runequest, Hawkmoon, Heavy Gear Miniatures, new Matrix PC Wargames, B29 Superfortress from Khyber Pass Games, D-Day the Great Crusade 2nd Edition and Expansion, The Devils Cauldron monster from Multiman, new Alea magazines with games, and much more.

As a thank you to our past customers and also those that purchase from us regularly, we are allowing current trade credit on file for use during the sale, and also the sale will last for a total of 10 days so that you may purchase any new releases during this time at the sale price as they come in!

Fine Print

I'm sorry but we cannot retroactively apply this sale to previous purchases.

You may use gift certificates, but not purchase them at a sale price.
All payments must be received within 5 days of the conclusion of the sale for sale prices to be met.

If you prefer to place your order via phone or mail, please mention the sale to qualify.

Although the point of this sale is to move out as much inventory as possible before we move, we are still taking trades and encourage you to mail us lists of games for sale or trade to the gears turning here :)

The sale will run from today, Wen April 23 until Friday May 2nd.

Kuje's Add: Their server is slow today though because the traffic is overwhelming the server, so bare with the server.
30   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kuje Posted - 03 May 2008 : 17:21:08
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

That's actually good news. While I was working over my monthly budget for May, I realised I've got about $150 to spare.

Guess where I'm going to be spending it?

Cool. :) Grin.
The Sage Posted - 03 May 2008 : 16:49:33
That's actually good news. While I was working over my monthly budget for May, I realised I've got about $150 to spare.

Guess where I'm going to be spending it?
Kuje Posted - 03 May 2008 : 16:33:28
Aaron extended the sale until Monday, I just got an email update from him since I'm on the mailing list.
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 01 May 2008 : 16:39:23
Hey, thanks for telling me about those modules! Later when I get home, I'll likely download them.
monknwildcat Posted - 01 May 2008 : 16:30:52
quote:
Originally posted by Rinonalyrna Fathomlin

quote:
Originally posted by monknwildcat

(Although I will admit to totally loving the Lewis Caroll paradies in Greyhawk.)

What would those be?

They're "Dungeonland" and "Land Beyond the Magic Mirror," 1st edition
relics of TSR and, IIRC, available for free download as pdf off the WOTC site. I found them via a link here, but you can also reach it through the Download option when you get to WOTC's DND site.

I loved them; my paper mods are in shambles from my use and peruse. I've never unleashed their madness upon anybody in 3rd ed, though.
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 01 May 2008 : 15:56:55
quote:

(Although I will admit to totally loving the Lewis Caroll paradies in Greyhawk.)

What would those be?
The Sage Posted - 01 May 2008 : 04:36:06
quote:

Your quote from Steven mentions Faeries's Realms-compatible. In your ops, does it have the creative Realms-feel, too?
Well, I've read practically everything published for the Realms, including most of Steven Schend's material and the bits Wischstadt has added here and there. So you tend to get a feel for how certain developers write for one setting, and then how they write for something else.

Having said that, I can say... for me at least, that Faeries did tend to have parts that felt like I was actually reading Realms material, rather than stuff from a 3rd-party sourcebook. Steven isn't exaggerating when he says they both have "a deep and abiding love for the Realms," and you can feel it in this book.
monknwildcat Posted - 01 May 2008 : 04:24:22
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

I've not gamed in years, but I am still buying gaming stuff. I do hope to use it again sometime!

There are seasons to everything. I wager you'll find another opportunity to game.
monknwildcat Posted - 01 May 2008 : 04:21:28
Thanks for the suggestions!

The ladies involved are a practicing neo-pagan and an agnostic recovering Wiccan, so they're exposed too and comfortable with--if not fluent in--folklore.

I say this because I enjoy the aspect of the Realms that are fantasy, as opposed to the direct-pull of Earth (e.g. copying Egyptian and Sumerian mythology, even Tyr and Oghma irk me a bit, let alone Chult's dinosaurs and almost all of Maztica).

Your quote from Steven mentions Faeries's Realms-compatible. In your ops, does it have the creative Realms-feel, too?

Thanks again!
Wooly Rupert Posted - 01 May 2008 : 03:25:56
I've not gamed in years, but I am still buying gaming stuff. I do hope to use it again sometime!
The Sage Posted - 01 May 2008 : 03:12:34
quote:

Have you guys incorporated the material into your Realms?
I usually do. Rather regularly in fact. Though, I do also tend to combine most of what I draw from the book with my own other pagan/fey/spiritual elements I've established in my Realms. In some cases though, like the various locales that are described, I've largely dropped them "as is" into my Realms.

Plus, Steven Schend, who partly edited the book, had this little bit to say:-

"For those interested in another take/option on Faerie, there is a D20 option from Bastion Press y'all might want to take a look at.....

Bryon Wischstadt, long-time Realms fanatic and all-around good guy, wrote this guide to Faerie (both the realm/plane and inhabitants) and yours truly edited it alongside him. As both of us (and Jim Butler, Bastion's president, CEO, and chief cook and bottle washer) all have a deep and abiding love for the Realms, there's nothing in there that wouldn't work in terms of using Faerie as a source for ancient elves (or other more modern threats). It's a mix of old folklore and modern conceptions of Faerie and even stats up Old Man Winter, Father Time, and Father Christmas if you want such.

Steven
Who apologizes profusely for plugging a product but it seems relevant to the discussion at hand"

And I'll second Kuje's Amazon book recommendation above. So long as you're specific with the titles you choose, you can really find some useful historical material to help expand on some of the aspects of the Faeries book.
Kuje Posted - 01 May 2008 : 02:06:03
quote:

quote:

Faeries is a book I had to buy twice. It was one of the very first ones I replaced after the fire.

Right on, then!

Excluding Kestrel's WotC articles, I (and the females who game with us...they love them some faeries) have a rough time finding material on the fey. Fey may be more in vogue now....

I have, repeatedly. :) But with a few minor adjustments but I love the map that is inside the book and the different fey that are written up. Also, you could look for some faerie material at the local bookstore/amazon by looking for pagan books on faeries/faery wicca/etc as well as historic faerie material.
monknwildcat Posted - 01 May 2008 : 01:36:34
quote:

Faeries is a book I had to buy twice. It was one of the very first ones I replaced after the fire.

Right on, then!

Excluding Kestrel's WotC articles, I (and the females who game with us...they love them some faeries) have a rough time finding material on the fey. Fey may be more in vogue now....

The Sage Posted - 01 May 2008 : 01:27:45
I actually did buy two copies of Faeries -- one for home and one for work. I really do love reading this book, and it never fails to provide some new tidbit of curious fey lore that I can drop into one of my campaigns.

I also purchased a couple of the other Bastion Press books I missed during their own sale.

That's pretty much it for me though... my coin purse is empty!
Wooly Rupert Posted - 30 Apr 2008 : 21:42:25
Kuje Posted - 30 Apr 2008 : 17:51:46
Nod nod Wooly and no prob Monknwildcat. Faeries is a great book and it got even better when Steven said he edited it. I had a copy before that but its still a great book.
monknwildcat Posted - 30 Apr 2008 : 17:49:30
Kuje, thanks for mentioning this sale. They had (off-setting) Bastion Press' Faeries, a supplement I meant to pick up for fleshing out the FR fey-vacuum. Thanks!!!

Bummer about the layoff, Wooly, but severance pay helps!
Wooly Rupert Posted - 30 Apr 2008 : 17:36:37
Well, either way, there's less than a dozen products that I need. Before the fire, I needed a lot more than that, and that didn't factor in the Al-Qadim stuff.
Kuje Posted - 30 Apr 2008 : 17:02:23
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

I often tend to consider them as just part of my extensive FR collection. That's mostly due to the fact that I'm regularly using material from both the Zakhara and Kara-Tur expansions in my Realms anyway, so it just makes it easier to consider it all as FR source material. Not so much with the Maztica expansion though -- I've not really had any inclination to use any material from those books in my FR.

Indeed, which was what I was trying to say except sometimes I pull out the Maztica material, but rarely. :)
The Sage Posted - 30 Apr 2008 : 16:57:49
I often tend to consider them as just part of my extensive FR collection. That's mostly due to the fact that I'm regularly using material from both the Zakhara and Kara-Tur expansions in my Realms anyway, so it just makes it easier to consider it all as FR source material. Not so much with the Maztica expansion though -- I've not really had any inclination to use any material from those books in my FR.
Kuje Posted - 30 Apr 2008 : 16:03:29
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Kuje

And I always considered Kara-tur/Maztica/Zakhara material as part of my FR collection.

I go by the imprint. Yeah, those settings are part of the Realms, but they were marketed as different settings, so that's how I treat them. Maztica stuff had the FR logo, so it's FR. Later Oriental Adventures stuff had the FR logo, but the original stuff didn't, so I list it separately. And Zakhara stuff all had the Al-Qadim logo, so it's listed separately, too.

Aye, but when I say I finished my FR set, I was including those settings since they are part of FR, least to me. :)
Wooly Rupert Posted - 30 Apr 2008 : 15:48:38
quote:
Originally posted by Kuje

And I always considered Kara-tur/Maztica/Zakhara material as part of my FR collection.

I go by the imprint. Yeah, those settings are part of the Realms, but they were marketed as different settings, so that's how I treat them. Maztica stuff had the FR logo, so it's FR. Later Oriental Adventures stuff had the FR logo, but the original stuff didn't, so I list it separately. And Zakhara stuff all had the Al-Qadim logo, so it's listed separately, too.
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 30 Apr 2008 : 15:46:58
Yeah, Wooly, I'll cross my fingers for you regarding new employment opportunities.
Kuje Posted - 30 Apr 2008 : 15:37:49
Cool Wooly. :) But bummer about the money problems. :(

The Sage Posted - 30 Apr 2008 : 15:22:32
Heh. Looking over some of my older collections, I just noticed I'm also missing some of the Monstrous Compendiums, a couple of adventure modules for Al-Qadim, and some stuff for Oriental Adventures.

I did manage to pick up all the "Alternity" books I was missing, though.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 30 Apr 2008 : 15:16:15
quote:
Originally posted by Kes_Alanadel

*Sigh* Why does stuff like this always happen when I'm financially challenged.

Ditto that. I'm unemployed. The only way I'll be spending money on casual stuff any time soon is if I get a new job before my severance pay runs out.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 30 Apr 2008 : 15:13:22
I'm one supplement away from having all the Planescape stuff (which is new for me; I only had a couple of Planescape items before the fire). Nobleknight doesn't have the one item I'm missing.

I'm two modules and a supplement away from having all the FR stuff (and this is more than I had before the fire, ironically!). The supplement they don't have, and the two modules would still cost $100. Since I'm currently unemployed, I can't justify that expenditure.

I do have all of the Spelljammer stuff and all the Al-Qadim stuff. I'm missing some of the Oriental Adventures stuff, but it's not all that hard to find and I've not yet made finishing that collection a priority.

Kuje Posted - 30 Apr 2008 : 15:13:04
Murphy's Law... Grin!
Kes_Alanadel Posted - 30 Apr 2008 : 15:08:41
*Sigh* Why does stuff like this always happen when I'm financially challenged.
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 30 Apr 2008 : 15:02:15
See, I've recently spent a lot of money on online shopping, and I have the feeling it would not be the best idea to keep spending more at this time. However, I will check it out...maybe I'll change my mind.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000