Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to Candlekeep
 Well Met, and Welcome to the Forums
 Well met

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Dantrag Posted - 05 Apr 2003 : 16:44:59
Im Dantrag Zauynis....cousin to Dantrag Banere...but i came from Ched Nasad...(my common tougue is a little slow) after hearing of the renegade Drizzt's departure....i followed that same path..........and I am humbled to be in Candlekeep.......
19   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Sadonayerah Odrydin Posted - 08 Apr 2003 : 08:35:28
Well met and welcome Dantrag! My name is Sadon Odrydin, a fellow drow. But I come from the city of Ust'Natha. Please make yourself at home here in the keep. And if ever you need anything, feel free to ask!

(And I wondered why one of the other newbies' post count didn't go up on his second post.... (Validor I think...) but all the same. I think I agree with everyone who talked about this. A welcome post (and a normal post in the forum for that matter) should be voluntary and people shouldn't worry so much about their post count. (that's my continued thinking from a different message board I was on. except that people there had the power to give you a different rank regardless of post count. and they did so by deciding how active (mainly how much you helped people by giving them the items they needed and telling them where to find things) you were...it was a mess. (long story). But yeah, so anyway, I agree with what's already been discussed. Just my 2 cents)).
Alaundo Posted - 08 Apr 2003 : 08:09:47
Well Met

'Twas purposely not announced, Bookwyrm... to see if any Scribes would notice and see their reactions

Remember all, its not the number of posts that gives you a high standing of knowledge and respect, its the quality of those very posts that makes you a truely honored scribe amongst others
Bookwyrm Posted - 08 Apr 2003 : 07:31:08
I agree, Artalis. Like I said, it seems unfair to the newbies that they don't get that initial boost, but it's more fair to them (and less talkative non-newbies) that such as we don't get a rise on them. I am a trifle surprised that we weren't informed, but I don't mind.

I just noticed that I haven't ever welcomed Dantrag . . . . likely due to my period of less talkative-ness following Echon's accusations.

*Ahem* Welcome, Dantrag, to the quintessetial Library of the Absent-Minded Scribe, otherwise known as Candlekeep. Ask, and you shall be answered . . . sooner or later . . .
Artalis Posted - 07 Apr 2003 : 20:43:37
quote:
Originally posted by Alaundo

Well Met

quote:
Originally posted by Bookwyrm

quote:
Originally posted by branmakmuffin

The "Welcome" post. The best way to boost your post count

Actually, I've noticed a little something lately . . . posts in this area no longer seem to count. I noticed some new scribes starting their "I'm Here" threads with zero posts to their names. And I just checked my own as well -- I haven't gotten a rise in posts from welcomes.

Perhaps this is a good thing, no? Now we can get honest welcomes, instead of just padding our accounts. Though it seems unfair to the newcomers . . . .

..and indeed well spotted, Bookwyrm It had been noticed of late that various members had been purposely "boosting" their post counts within this section. As you rightly mentioned Bookwyrm, this way will ensure a more genuine welcome. Apologies if this action has upset anybody.

I am quite glad for the change. I always felt guilty by trotting out my "canned" "Well Met and Welcome" speech and getting a post for basically saying Hi.

The post count in my estimation is to measure the contribution to the forum not merely showing up.
Avaly Posted - 07 Apr 2003 : 18:10:16
Hail and Honor,
Welcome to Candlekeep! I noticed that I am the late comer this time. Please sit back and enjoy the tomes and the scribe, but also take the time to join us at the Inn. Again, welcome!

Honor to all,
Avaly Nightstar

PS....I like the fact that welcomes are more sincere now...
Salius Kai Posted - 07 Apr 2003 : 15:53:32
Welcome, Dantrag, to these walls of infinite knowledge.

Another Drow? We seem to be getting quite a few of them in here these days. I hope you find whatever it is your seeking here.
Alaundo Posted - 07 Apr 2003 : 15:31:02
Well Met

quote:
Originally posted by Bookwyrm

quote:

Actually, I've noticed a little something lately . . . posts in this area no longer seem to count. I noticed some new scribes starting their "I'm Here" threads with zero posts to their names. And I just checked my own as well -- I haven't gotten a rise in posts from welcomes.

Perhaps this is a good thing, no? Now we can get honest welcomes, instead of just padding our accounts. Though it seems unfair to the newcomers . . . .

..and indeed well spotted, Bookwyrm It had been noticed of late that various members had been purposely "boosting" their post counts within this section. As you rightly mentioned Bookwyrm, this way will ensure a more genuine welcome. Apologies if this action has upset anybody.
Bookwyrm Posted - 07 Apr 2003 : 12:16:26
quote:

Artalis Posted - 07 Apr 2003 : 11:20:31
*jogs into the room, sees his late arrival status yet again and hangs his head*

So many new scribes so little time!

Welcome Dantrag

May your pursuit of knowledge be fruitful.
Yasraena Posted - 06 Apr 2003 : 03:23:10
Greetings Dantrag. It seems that the ways of Lolth are losing their appeal in more and more of us everyday. Ellistraee be praised!
Welcome to Candlekeep. You will find knowledge and friendship here, as well as the occasional laugh! If you have any questions, feel free to ask the all knowing scribes here. We are very helpful if asked nicely!
Malice Posted - 05 Apr 2003 : 23:49:21
*looks at branmakmuffin's post* how true!
branmakmuffin Posted - 05 Apr 2003 : 22:20:45

Welcome to Candlekeep. Be sure to check out the Inn.
zemd Posted - 05 Apr 2003 : 21:19:31
Bienvenue in this great Library. Please take a sit, i hope your stay will be long and pleasant
Alexis Merlin Posted - 05 Apr 2003 : 20:12:11
Welcome to Candlekeep, Dantraq. As the quote below shows, learning is something that can be shared by all regardless of race, politics or any other division.

I hope that your stay here is a pleasant and fruitful one.

Alexis
Drummer Boy Posted - 05 Apr 2003 : 19:50:40
Welcome to Candlekeep, Dantrag. I'm sure you will feel welcome here, and we even have some other drow residing within these walls. In Candlekeep, anyone who will not destroy knowledge is welcome.
Dantrag Posted - 05 Apr 2003 : 19:42:37
Thank you Targon...i will keep my sword sheathed at all times as you said(except if someone attacks me) some drow are good.i will never attack another scribe..........
Targon Moonrise Posted - 05 Apr 2003 : 18:43:08
Welcome Dantrag! Thou my father was a Drow and I hated him until I killed him, I have Drow friends and can put up with nice Drow. Just keep your sword sheathed and talk nice to the other scribes and you'll fit in perfect.
The Defence Minister Posted - 05 Apr 2003 : 18:39:53
Hi Dantrag, have a good time and enjoy the vast vaults of knowlede candlekeep has to offer

TDM
Elrond Half Elven Posted - 05 Apr 2003 : 17:02:53
Hail Dantrag, and welcome to Candlekeep. Another Good Drow in our midsts. I hope that you enjoy your stay and keep your sword sheathed at all times.
Hanx
Elrond

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000