Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to Candlekeep
 Well Met, and Welcome to the Forums
 Greetings and hopefully no solicitors

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
MuadDib Posted - 17 Feb 2003 : 12:11:18
This is me, MuadDib (figured all the good Forgotten Realms names would be taken) asking permnission to join the fireside here at Candlekeep.

Hope im not making a faux pas by starting a new thread, please let me know if i am.

I just want to say im so glad i finally found an active forum for the Forgotten Realms. Not that i have had that much time to look, but the rat race leaves us little time for other things..

Just wanted to say hi and extend the gloved hand of friendship to all.
18   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Drizzt Do Urden Posted - 19 Feb 2003 : 19:18:50
Welcome Paul Atreidas Muad'Dib
Creataceous Posted - 19 Feb 2003 : 19:04:09
Say Elminster, that's a pretty big pair of shoes I see you warming by the fire. Hope you enjoy your times here and that we can help you with anything you need.
Cheers,
Elminster Posted - 19 Feb 2003 : 06:37:55
Paul Atreides who then became Paul Muad'Dib is a character from Frank Herbert's acclaimed Scien Fiction series "Dune"

He is the son of a duke who is betrayed and killed and (the duke that is) and later takes control of a band of religious fantatics called Fremen.

His tribe name was Usul, which means base of the pillar. In the novel the word Muad'Dib is the name given the Desert mouse shape on the planet arrakis' second moon.

Hope that helps

P.S. My signature is also from there
zemd Posted - 18 Feb 2003 : 20:42:09
Welcome Elminster

Artalis, It's Paul Atreides (at least in French)
Salius Kai Posted - 18 Feb 2003 : 19:54:25
quote:
Origianally ppsted by Drummer Boy
You're welcome, Salius Kai. You should thank Mumadar, too, since he also let you finish the phrase.

Sorry, didn't see that one. Thank you, as well, Mumadar.
sushisauce Posted - 18 Feb 2003 : 09:05:40
Well, as usual, I'm late to the world! Welcome, bothof you (E and Jason)

Enjoy your stay!
Drummer Boy Posted - 18 Feb 2003 : 05:18:03
quote:
Originally posted by Salius_Kai

quote:
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by drummerboy465

Welcome to the Forums, Elminster/MuadDib. I hope you enjoy your stay here in these wall of...(I'll let someone else finish it this time as well)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

... invisible wisdom?

Yay! My turn.

Welcome, Elminster, to these walls of infinite knowledge. I hope you find your stay with us comforting.

P.S. Thanks for waiting on me drummerboy465, I haven't been active for awhile.

You're welcome, Salius Kai. You should thank Mumadar, too, since he also let you finish the phrase.
jason12345 Posted - 18 Feb 2003 : 02:45:13
I give my sincerest of welcomes to you, MuadDib. I suggest posting in the Forgotten Realms versus Lord of the Rings. It is really funny in there. I am kindof new my self. I only have like 13 posts or something. I am sure everyone here will make you feel welcome?
Salius Kai Posted - 18 Feb 2003 : 00:56:22
quote:
quote:

Welcome to the Forums, Elminster/MuadDib. I hope you enjoy your stay here in these wall of...(I'll let someone else finish it this time as well)

... invisible wisdom?

Yay! My turn.

Welcome, Elminster, to these walls of infinite knowledge. I hope you find your stay with us comforting.

P.S. Thanks for waiting on me drummerboy465, I haven't been active for awhile.
Frey Posted - 17 Feb 2003 : 22:15:47
quote:

... invisible wisdom?

Welcome, and no, this is the right place to start such a thread.
Ranaghar Tsaran Posted - 17 Feb 2003 : 17:16:46
Welcome Elminster!!
Stay wuth us as long as you can, great mage
Echon Posted - 17 Feb 2003 : 15:57:53
Greetings Elminster. Enjoy your stay.

-Echon
Drummer Boy Posted - 17 Feb 2003 : 15:50:10
Artalis Posted - 17 Feb 2003 : 14:55:51
IIRC MuadDib was the name of Paul Atraides (sp) in Dune. He chose the name MuadDib for himsef (I think it was after a kind of mouse, but I could be wrong). His given name by the people of Dune was Oosul (sp) which means "Pillar of Strength".
Lord Rad Posted - 17 Feb 2003 : 13:26:16
Ahhhh, bad timing on my last post

Welcome then Elminster
However, my last question still stands on the origin of MuadDib
Lord Rad Posted - 17 Feb 2003 : 13:24:36
Welcome MuadDib

Strange name, whats the origin? Is it a Realms personality?

Anyway, pull up a seat and feast your eyes on the numerous tomes we have here in the library..... theres much to learn
Elminster Posted - 17 Feb 2003 : 13:22:51
Sorry about this people...

I thought for sure that this nick would be taken when i registered as MuadDib since one can't access the members list if one is not registered.

I found that it isn't, which is wonderful. This means, however, that i will no longer be posting as MuadDib, but rather as Elminster.

Sorry about all that...promise to be better from now on...
Mumadar Ibn Huzal Posted - 17 Feb 2003 : 12:15:23
Welcome to the forum MuadDib,

Hope you'll find lore and fun within these walls... (no I'll let someone else finsh the saying)...

Soon you'll not only find the library with all its scrolls of knowldege here, but also one of Faerun's finest inns... that is when Winthrop shows his head to open the doors...

Enjoy ye'r stay

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000