Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to Candlekeep
 Well Met, and Welcome to the Forums
 Raising a toast for the deserving!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Arion Elenim Posted - 16 Feb 2003 : 21:22:06
May I say, Alaundo.....

Suddenly inspired by the up-and-coming opening of the inn...methinks I have something to say....

It is with no hesitation that I wholeheartedly take this opportunity to thank the folk of Candlekeep for keeping the site the wondrous place it's always been...as well as for keeping the price of admission low - no more than a promise to be classy and a good story every now and then.....

(lifts a mug)

As a resident bard of Candlekeep, may I propose that we all raise a glass to Alaundo and his cohorts for giving us vagabonds a place to stay, shelter from the cold and a warm song to sing!

CHEERS!
18   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Artalis Posted - 18 Feb 2003 : 16:26:41
My most heartfelt apologies to Tethtoril for overlooking your prodigious contributions to Candlekeep.

Ignorance is my only defese..I hope you will forgive me.

sushisauce Posted - 18 Feb 2003 : 09:21:57
*Raises a paper weight, relizes what it is, drops it, and picks up his mug*
To the people who keep this site running becuase the gods know I can't!
Sadonayerah Odrydin Posted - 18 Feb 2003 : 03:55:54
*holds up a glass of fruit punch* Yes thanks to everyone who has worked on Candlekeep. You guys have made this site the best! Please keep up the good work.
Lost Elph Posted - 18 Feb 2003 : 03:33:53
*holds up cup of tea* i give thanks to all who work hard on Candlekeep and on the Forum. this place is the greatest place i`ve been too. THANK YOU!!!!
Tethtoril Posted - 17 Feb 2003 : 19:54:24
Greetings

quote:
Originally posted by Echon
That is the first post of yours I can recall, Tethtoril and I have been here since November. Of course, I may just as well be me not paying enough attention.

My posts are quite few Echon. I tend to have little time to participate in the discussions on the fourm due to other numerous tasks required at Candlekeep. I am however available in my moderated forums but spend more time working on the site and with other scribes.
Echon Posted - 17 Feb 2003 : 18:47:45
That is the first post of yours I can recall, Tethtoril and I have been here since November. Of course, I may just as well be me not paying enough attention.

I have had a look at the Campaign Logs a few times and judging by the size of only the Silver Marshes, they seem quite time consuming to add.

-Echon
Tethtoril Posted - 17 Feb 2003 : 18:38:26
quote:
Originally posted by Alaundo
One scribe that you didnt mention Artalis, is one who works frantically on the site behind the scenes helping with many of the updates and working constantly on formatting the fan-submitted material..... Tethtoril. If I had a hat, id take it off to him

Greetings

You're too kind Alaundo (maybe hes trying to get a round of drinks out of me when the Candlekeep Inn opens up )

However I do do a lot of the work on the site, especially in the Hall of Heroes and Campaign Logs section. Although Im down as a Moderator on these forums I only really manage the Fellaren-Krae section which is very quiet anyway

See you all in the Inn soon enough
Echon Posted - 17 Feb 2003 : 16:05:38
Indeed you are only deserving of what praise you have recieved here, ye caretakers of Candlekeep. And let me add to that: I have been on a lot of different forum during the last couple of years but this is by far the best.

To Candlekeep *raises a glass of wine*

-Echon
Mumadar Ibn Huzal Posted - 17 Feb 2003 : 12:22:48
Hear, hear... (or some other grumbling sound UK parlement seems to make when they agree on something)

Don't show too much false modesty Alaundo, you and the others behind the Candlekeep website and the forum have done a tremendous job in bringing part of Faerun to life on the internet.

The fact that some of the learned scribes of WotC visit the site from time to time could not be a greater compliment. Well, except maybe a visit from Elminster himself...

Let's only fill the mugs once now, as not to spill to much wine and beer over the scrolls, and refill them again when Winthrop has opened the doors to the Candlekeep Inn.

Cheers

ps: zemd, I believe the french and the english expression mean the same
Alaundo Posted - 17 Feb 2003 : 10:49:35
Well Met

Thank you once again everyone

quote:
Originally posted by Artalis
Thank you Alaundo, Rad, Jay and whoever else there may be whom I might have missed. I hope we do not abuse the kindnesses and gifts you give us.Your labors give us happiness and warmth.

One scribe that you didnt mention Artalis, is one who works frantically on the site behind the scenes helping with many of the updates and working constantly on formatting the fan-submitted material..... Tethtoril. If I had a hat, id take it off to him

Im sure he will be able to spare a moment from his work to join us all in the Inn soon though
Artalis Posted - 17 Feb 2003 : 04:57:52
**raises a great ivory flagon of ale in salute**

Though I've said something like it before, I will not hesitate to say it again.

Thank you Alaundo, Rad, Jay and whoever else there may be whom I might have missed. I hope we do not abuse the kindnesses and gifts you give us.Your labors give us happiness and warmth.

I can honestly say that at least one of the friendships I have forged here will be with me till the end of my days.

Thank you
Bookwyrm Posted - 17 Feb 2003 : 02:38:47
[Raises a glass of a non-alcoholic beverage]

To Candlekeep, to its scribes. A place of knowledge, of joy, of learning. Shelter from the cold of reality, and home to a family who welcomes all -- even certain scribes who talk a lot. (*ahem*)

May these walls stand for an age, and none that enter them leave without becoming more for the experience.

To Candlekeep!
Drummer Boy Posted - 17 Feb 2003 : 00:44:25
I raise my glass to Alaundo in thanks for the great things he and his fellows have done for us in these great walls of Candlekeep.
Ranaghar Tsaran Posted - 16 Feb 2003 : 22:24:42
For the first time Ranaghar felt that he wasn't treated, just like a deadly machine, but like a friend of people and elves. Here, in Candlekeep, he could even eat and drink with others. It was impossible anywhere else. Well...maybe in Silverymoon.
"I found my place" thought he. He took his jug, stood up and said:
"As you know I came here just a month ago. I was surprised when I was warmly greeted. I think my wishes came true. That's because of you, Great Sage...
::bows::
...and because of you, fellow scribes. I hope our friendship will be eternal and we will spend many hours talking, and talking in this magnificent inn. CHEERS!!!
zemd Posted - 16 Feb 2003 : 22:06:08
[There's no smilie crying]
What lovely words... I'm touched (i'm not sure it has the same meaning as in French)
Alaundo Posted - 16 Feb 2003 : 22:00:11
Well Met and thank you ArionElenim

In fact, thank you all...for Candlekeep would be nothing but a mere empty shell if it were not for the great people who frequent this place and who have contributed to the site in the past.

On behalf of the Head Scribes and Webmasters of Candlekeep, who I know will appreciate your kind words, I thank you for keeping this place alive..... it is you - the visitors, the scribes, that make keeping this site active and a worthwhile pleasure

Hope to see you in the Inn ArionElenim, maybe you can play us a soothing tune on your lute
zemd Posted - 16 Feb 2003 : 21:46:37
Off course!

As we say in France: Tchin, Bravo Alundo!
Frey Posted - 16 Feb 2003 : 21:31:41
Raises her glass towards the eminent greybeard, nodding.
The warmth in her eyes seems to heat the room when she says: "Couldn't agree more"

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000