Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to Candlekeep
 Well Met, and Welcome to the Forums
 I`m new...

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Lost Elph Posted - 21 Dec 2002 : 06:44:26
Hiy I`m new and I`ll most likely going to be asking for help a lot. ^-^' umm...well...a little about myself well I like to draw....ya...oh!!! Does anyone know what Finder/Nameliss Bard looks like? I would like to try and draw a pic of him.
14   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Bookwyrm Posted - 02 Mar 2003 : 14:27:23
quote:
Originally posted by The Dark Lord

...He hasn't been seen since then ( or so I believe.)...

Actually, he has. The book Finder's Bane states that he is now a very minor god, due to having absorbed Moander's power (though he has not taken his place). In that book, he is described as having only two priests, and only a handful of followers. His portfolio, such as it is, mostly is in competition with other bard/music deities, though I think he leans more towards the advenuring/magic side of such things.

That's all I know, though, and I could be wrong. I haven't read that book in a while . . . .
The Dark Lord Posted - 02 Mar 2003 : 13:03:53
Finder Wyvernspur, aka the Nameless Bard and the creator of Alias of Westgate, is a very-high level bard, probably in the 20th levels or so. He is tall and slightly thin, tanned, with chiseled features such as high cheekbones and a strong jaw. He has medium-length brown hair, combed sideways ( kinda like Tom Cruise, or something), and stern green eyes. He appears to be a human male in his mid 40s. He has a goatee that is brown except for a strip of white starting just below his lower lip and down the middle of his chin. He wears several rings and noble clothes. On an important note: after the battle with Moander , Finder was infected with the god's tendrils of possesion, which have taken over his body so that all his innards will eventually be replaced by rotted vines and such. This process is evidenced by a flower which comes out of his left earhole, around his ear and stays on his hair as if it were just placed there cause its cute. Finder could have had the possession removed with a Remove Curse spell, but since it failed to control his mind (maybe because of his absurd pride , which is a very possible theory, or perhaps because the possession seeds misfired, who knows), he decided to keep it because it would allow him to live forever.

In case you are wondering: after killing Moander in the god's plane by diving into his body ( a HUGE pile of rotten stuff) wielding a dagger with a piece of para-elemental ice on the tip , Finder flew out into Tarterus and decided to travel around for as long as he felt like it, now that he was immortal. He hasn't been seen since then ( or so I believe.)

The tale of the Nameless Bard was told in the Finder's Stone Trilogy, a series of novels.

This was my first post, and hopefully not my last.
Hope it helped your drawing.

Dark Lord

P.S. I personally think that the Nameless Bard RULES
zemd Posted - 26 Dec 2002 : 13:42:38
Hi! and welcome, i'm sorry i didn't welcome you sooner but i was in hollidays to my grand parents house in an lost island where unfortunately they dind't have the Internet.

So welcome and if you need help i'll be glad to help you (or at least try to help you )
Mumadar Ibn Huzal Posted - 23 Dec 2002 : 19:51:07
It seem Artalis has found the bard you were looking for.

Well met and welcome to this wonderful library.
Salius Kai Posted - 23 Dec 2002 : 19:00:40
Welcome to the great halls of Candle Keep. Sadly, I know nothing of this Bard you seek. If I find anything about him (or her) later on, I'll be sure to post it and let you know.
Hymn Posted - 23 Dec 2002 : 00:59:11
Well, well ...

We gott a real little harper boy here ;)
Artalis Posted - 22 Dec 2002 : 02:38:42
"In the days that followed, the senior Harpers
again set about rebuilding their organization.
The Nameless Bard (Finder Wyvernspur) reappeared
in the Realms, freed from his otherplanar
exile. Elminster, desperate to add some
muscle and experience to the Harper cause,
used his influence on Storm, Cylyria, and other
senior Harpers to have Finderís sentence
reviewed. Ultimately, the Harpers found themselves
battling the awakened god Moander. The
god was vanquished in the Realms, but his
defeat cost the lives of several Harpersóincluding,
it seemed, that of Finder Wyvernspur,
whose name and music the Harpers restored."

The Code of The Harpers page 37
Drummer Boy Posted - 22 Dec 2002 : 02:27:41
Welcome to the forums, Lost Elph. I hope you find the knowledge you seek here. Unfortunately I do not know anything about this Finder Bard. Perhaps another scribe will be glad to assist you.
Artalis Posted - 22 Dec 2002 : 02:23:56
Welcome Lost Elph,

I hope you find everything you are looking for... Let this give you a start.

Finder Wyvernspur a former Harper now known as the Nameless Bard.

"Finder Wyvernspur, always arrogant, seemed to have
turned to evil in his advancing age. Searching
for a way to immortalize his songs, he dabbled
in magic that brought about the deaths, of two
of his apprentices. Appalled, local Harpers
called a tribunal of three senior Harpers:
Morala, priestess of Milil, Dundable Mistrin, a
druid dedicated to Silvanus, and Muoreth
Talanstar, a half-elven ranger who worshiped
Mielikki. By their verdict, these judges made it
clear to all that the Harpers would police their
own. The Code of the Harpers was not empty
words, but a creed that made Harpers different
from brigands and thieves, that all who had
dealings with them could rely on. Finder's
music and name were to be forgotten. Powerful
spells stripped the memory of the man's own
name from him, and the Nameless Bard was
exiled to a solitary existence on another plane a
sentence that would last almost 300 years."

The Code of the Harpers page 28
Hymn Posted - 21 Dec 2002 : 20:01:10
Welcome to Candelkeep, Lost Elph. I you ever feel lost here just speak out and we shall come to your rescue. Who is this Finder/Nameliss Bard you speak of, is he perhaps a character in a book.
Tyreal Nyquis Posted - 21 Dec 2002 : 16:54:42
Hail, Sir Elph! Welcome to Candlekeep I am sure you will found boundless knowledge and perhaps even more within these walls provided you are willing to be patient and persistent. Enjoy your stay and learn much.

Finder Bard? I would help if I but knew of what you speak. Perhaps you can enlighten me more upon this topic.
Alaundo Posted - 21 Dec 2002 : 11:25:05
Well Met Lost Elph

Welcome to Candlekeep! Feel free to ask for as much help as you want, im sure the many scribes within will be happy to lend a helping hand.
Exilion Posted - 21 Dec 2002 : 11:07:12
Greetings Lost Elph

I am Exilion, a scribe that is learning from the kings and scribes from all of Faerun. I hope that you like Candlekeep, Faerun holds many secrets.
The Defence Minister Posted - 21 Dec 2002 : 10:01:21
Hello there Lost Elph,

I hope you stay here is long a prosperous. I'm not quite sure what you mean by a Finder Bard I'm afraid though.

Regards,

TDM

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000