Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to Candlekeep
 Well Met, and Welcome to the Forums
 BOOM! I have returned! 'ware ye!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Alaundo Posted - 25 Jun 2004 : 15:34:28
Well met

Indeed I have returned from my lengthy venture back to these wondrous halls and scribes, which have been missed so much

..and what is this I see? Piles upon piles of scrolls and tomes to sift through ::sigh:: I think I need a holiday

I will certainly look forward to reading this new Realmslore which you have all penned in my absence, nonetheless

Good to see you all again, and welcome to all you new scribes herein.

May I also take this opportunity to thank Tethtoril for the hard work in keeping the library in order....I hope it hasn't been too much of a chore, I know how this rabble can be sometimes

....and also a big thank ye to all who gave their wishes for my venture, you certainly warmed up the heart
21   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Lina Posted - 08 Jul 2004 : 11:28:46
Congrats and hope everything is going well. That was a really short holiday. If it was me I'd take the whole year off.
Senbar Flay Posted - 03 Jul 2004 : 19:28:17
salutations! And welcome back Alaundo the scribes have missed you dearly and I are glad to have you back.
Sebastrd Posted - 29 Jun 2004 : 22:39:50
Congratulations and welcome back, sir.
Bookwyrm Posted - 29 Jun 2004 : 06:58:15
And don't forget, I was gone for a month, and I had less of a reason than Sage did. Of course, the main reason, to start out with, was the fact that it was just so . . . frustrating around here during that time. Perhaps it had to do with Alaundo leaving, perhaps not . . . all I know is that things just couldn't hold my attention. I couldn't even be bothered to point out to all the new scribes how they were simply asking questions posed before -- much less link to them like I've done in the past.

Of course, lately, I have had the excuse that my computer suddenly developed the electronic version of SARS. More easily cured, but it was very frustrating. Luckily, I'm pretty sure my computer didn't sneeze on anyone else's . . . .

And then I've got a professor at the moment who is most certainly not a proper follower of Oghma! I've seen professors who "teach" (if one can call it that) out of the book, but this one takes the cake. This is the only class where I've done so horribly on essays, simply because it seems that if it isn't from the book, it's inacceptable. No, the only times I've gotten full marks from this idiot of a professor was when I practically quoted the book.

So I think I'll dive back into some Realmslore. Read a Volo's Guide cover to cover, perhaps. Perhaps work on a few rules varients. Write some more on Jack Archer. (By the way, Alaundo, if you'd like I can give you an edited RTF of Chapter One for the main library.)

::sigh:: Well, enough whining. I've a few scrolls piled up I need to get through . . . .

Oh, before I forget . . . when's Alaundo Jr. coming for a visit?
Purple_Faerie Goddess Posted - 27 Jun 2004 : 15:57:22
I would also like to welcome you back, Alaundo. Indeed you have been greatly missed. Maybe some of the slackers will get back to their duties, now. It seems several have been neglectful while you were gone. Here let me help you with that. Purple_Faerie waves a hand over the ball and chain.Uhm, I don't think it is comming off, but I can alleviate the pressure. Here this may help with the chaffing.Hands him an ointment.There, it should feel lighter now.
RogueAssassin Posted - 26 Jun 2004 : 21:51:45
quote:
What do you mean Rogue? The Sage has been absent nearly as long as Alaundo has . . .

Oops! You caught me lady, though i think Alaundo knew what i meant.TethToril has done quite well in Alaundos absence.

-The Rogue
Tethtoril Posted - 26 Jun 2004 : 21:10:12
quote:

Ditto. Teth - you were definately an admirable temp in Alaundo's absense and should now be allowed to fill a more permanent role within these walls!

Temp? Alaundo ... I thought ye said this was where I was being kept for all eternity? And here I even moved in both my kittens.

Aye Sarelle! My place here is as permanent as I would like it to be. Unfortunately, I have found my niche - and it keeps growing. Thankee all for for your lauds, not sure I deserve them as I was simply trying to keep the scrolls neat.
Sarelle Posted - 26 Jun 2004 : 19:02:19
quote:
Originally posted by Lady Kazandra

Oh, and Tethtoril, I hope Alaundo's return doesn't mean you're going to disappear back into the shadows of the vast halls of Candlekeep? I do so hope that you plan to continue participating in active Realmslore discussion . . .

Ditto. Teth - you were definately an admirable temp in Alaundo's absense and should now be allowed to fill a more permanent role within these walls!
Wooly Rupert Posted - 26 Jun 2004 : 11:08:07
quote:
Originally posted by Alaundo

Now.....does anyone mayhaps have a key for this infernal ball and chain around my ankle, its beginning to chafe a little

And with these words, we find that the new Mrs. Alaundo does not frequent these halls.

Lady Kazandra Posted - 26 Jun 2004 : 10:47:10
quote:
Originally posted by RogueAssassin

Welcome back Alaundo! Sage has done an excelent job while you were gone

-The Rogue

What do you mean Rogue? The Sage has been absent nearly as long as Alaundo has . . .
Alaundo Posted - 26 Jun 2004 : 10:37:52
Well met

Thank ye all for the kind welcoming words Indeed, I have certainly missed this place and missed seeing you all and reading your pennings.

Tethtoril has indeed done a great job....and will still have the same presence herein Aye, Tethtoril.... your duties here are ne'er done

I hope to be caught up with all the new lore within the next few days and we should hopefully have some new scrolls and tomes to share with thee all within the next tenday.

Now.....does anyone mayhaps have a key for this infernal ball and chain around my ankle, its beginning to chafe a little
RogueAssassin Posted - 26 Jun 2004 : 06:10:14
Welcome back Alaundo! Sage has done an excelent job while you were gone

-The Rogue
Lady Kazandra Posted - 26 Jun 2004 : 02:41:38
I'm glad to see you're back Alaundo. The library just hasn't been quite the same without you . . .

I would also like to second Sarta's comments about the ability of Tethtoril in temporarily filling your role while absent. You should know that he performed his assigned duties most admirably, and a more capable moderator you could not find . . .

Oh, and Tethtoril, I hope Alaundo's return doesn't mean you're going to disappear back into the shadows of the vast halls of Candlekeep? I do so hope that you plan to continue participating in active Realmslore discussion . . .
Tethtoril Posted - 25 Jun 2004 : 20:44:28
quote:
Originally posted by Sarta

Welcome back. I'm afraid we were not as nice to Tethtoril as we should have been. He performed above and beyond the call of duty though and deserves to be commended for his great work.

Sarta

Awwwww! Daren't you get all sweet on me now. You have a reputation to uphold. I will gladly go back to cleaning out the corners and ... well, somebody thought my desk needed to be cleaned up when I wasn't there. It may have been a mess, but it was my mess, I knew where every last things was located ... really, I did. Ahhh, back to scribing. It is what I do best.

I fear my trial under fire had good points and bad points. Alaundo's back now. Time for me to relax a little.
Sarta Posted - 25 Jun 2004 : 19:43:25
Welcome back. I'm afraid we were not as nice to Tethtoril as we should have been. He performed above and beyond the call of duty though and deserves to be commended for his great work.

Sarta
Arion Elenim Posted - 25 Jun 2004 : 19:18:28
Blinks))

Oh! good....er...uhm...Alaundo's back...

Now I get to continue dusting....that's...erm...spectacular....

(Puts down his lute and picks up his formerly discarded dustrag....)

(welcome back, old friend...)
hammer of Moradin Posted - 25 Jun 2004 : 18:02:50
Welcome back Alaundo. I have that list of troublema... er, studious scribes who "made an impression" while you were gone that you requested. I'll just slip that scroll under your door.
Anyway, welcome back! The ball and chain you're dragging around is scuffing up the floor by the way.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 25 Jun 2004 : 18:01:18
"BOOM!"? Who's making that racket in the library?

Welcome back!
Sarelle Posted - 25 Jun 2004 : 17:57:24
Well I'll be! Speak of the devil (or sage of Candlekeep!) and he appears! Lady K and Gion were just discussing your return. I would say 'twas shocking coincidence, except that Savras is lord of Fate!

Welcome back, Alaundo! How were the nuptials?
Thelonius Posted - 25 Jun 2004 : 17:32:06
My greatest and deepest welcomes to you, Great Alaundo, welcome to your home. We've missed you so much, that even mi wolves bite the courtains and squirted the roses, ehmmmm .... i hope there's no problem with that....
Tethtoril Posted - 25 Jun 2004 : 15:42:09
THANK DENEIR!

Oh I mean, no - no problem at all. Everything is just fine. Please move along, nothing to see here.

Welcome back Alaundo, ye have been missed.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000