Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to Candlekeep
 Well Met, and Welcome to the Forums
 Congrats Arivia

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
SiriusBlack Posted - 19 May 2004 : 14:35:35
Congrats Arivia on becoming a Senior Scribe. Be sure to ask for a raise for your dedicated work.

I've enjoyed your posts for the content and how classy you always come across. Thank you for making me smile many times when reading something from you.

Keep up the good work Senior Scribe.

SiriusBlack.
17   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Thelonius Posted - 28 May 2004 : 18:42:18
Congratulations Arivia for your raise up in the scribes level.
I agree with Sarelle the new avatar is better.
Arivia Posted - 26 May 2004 : 14:22:34
Thank you all again.
I was getting tired of the old avatar, to be honest.
Oh, and Sarelle? I prefer silver to gray. Nitpicking, but important nitpicking.
Sarelle Posted - 26 May 2004 : 10:54:01
Love the new custom avatar Arivia! It compliments your grey stars! (Which, btw, congrats for)
Fireheart Posted - 26 May 2004 : 00:13:01
::Echoes Lina:: Me, too.

To be honest, it was your knowledge as well as posting style that made me ask to join your on-line game.

Congratulations.

~Fireheart

Lina Posted - 24 May 2004 : 10:22:46
Congrats Arivia. I'm still a long way off.
Arivia Posted - 20 May 2004 : 15:04:29
*groans under the weight*
Thank you all...it makes it seem lighter...
*collapses, but can't touch the floor, chains keeping Arivia's body off the ground*
The Sage Posted - 20 May 2004 : 14:57:43
Work harder...

Do you mean to say that being tied to a desk with magical bonds for 12 hours a day and editing scroll after scroll isn't working hard...

::The Sage spends the next few moments straightening his robes, then, assuming a pose similar to that of the EMH Doctor, he says in a very inane tone, "I'm a scribe, not a slave"...::
Alaundo Posted - 19 May 2004 : 23:40:00
quote:
Originally posted by Lady Kazandra

Alaundo, this has provided me with an opportunity to ask you about something regarding the 'scribe title system'. Exactly how many are there? I mean, from the lowliest Novice Scribe to our two resident Masters of Realmslore, what are all the titles?

Well met

Oh now that would be telling
As you will see by taking a look around the library, there are the titles of:

New Scribe
Apprentice Scribe
Learned Scribe
Senior Scribe
Master of Realmslore

and...... well maybe we will see if anything else is given when The Sage and Bookwyrm work a little harder
Lord Rad Posted - 19 May 2004 : 18:10:15
Welcome to our humble Seniors room, Arivia Congratulations
Artalis Posted - 19 May 2004 : 16:46:07
Indeed. Congratulations, the title is well-earned.

Enjoy the extra work that Alaundo is sure to pile on your desk.

Lady Kazandra Posted - 19 May 2004 : 16:36:03
Alaundo, this has provided me with an opportunity to ask you about something regarding the 'scribe title system'. Exactly how many are there? I mean, from the lowliest Novice Scribe to our two resident Masters of Realmslore, what are all the titles?
Shadowlord Posted - 19 May 2004 : 16:18:54
Indeed, congratulations Arivia. Mayhaps Sirius or yourself will take my place during my absence (Finals... ). Now, get to work...
Alaundo Posted - 19 May 2004 : 15:57:32
Well met

Congratulations indeed, Arivia, on your promotion to the Chamber of Senior Scribes.

Please, take a seat at your new desk....afore the influx of scrolls and tomes to research arrives to block you in
SiriusBlack Posted - 19 May 2004 : 15:12:06
quote:
Originally posted by Arivia

Ah, now I understand what you mean-my excellent grasp of the English language showing again.

No problem. Long day? You mentioned something about being free with the summer coming. Did you have exams? Finals? Bad job interview?

quote:

I think it also has something to do with the fact that I can be counted as part of the "old guard"-pre-Novels closing scribes. Ah, those were the days...

You aren't going to break into song now are you with Archie Bunker's voice? Don't worry if you don't get the reference, the show was a bit even before my time.

quote:

but Candlekeep has always stood out in my eyes-as opposition to the way things go with WotC-those who prefer the Realms to toe to toe combats with Elminster. It should be interesting to see how the influx will deal with this idea-and what might happen to Candlekeep as a result. I get the same feeling from you-that I'm not the only one raging.

Not raging, just quietly observing and taking notes on what I see. There are some things I see that make me rage and I try to deal with them privately. For all the good that does.
Arivia Posted - 19 May 2004 : 15:02:39
Ah, now I understand what you mean-my excellent grasp of the English language showing again. I think it also has something to do with the fact that I can be counted as part of the "old guard"-pre-Novels closing scribes. Ah, those were the days...now, we're starting to see them creep in over here. Sorry if I'm sounding insular, or extreme, or something-but Candlekeep has always stood out in my eyes-as opposition to the way things go with WotC-those who prefer the Realms to toe to toe combats with Elminster. It should be interesting to see how the influx will deal with this idea-and what might happen to Candlekeep as a result. I get the same feeling from you-that I'm not the only one raging.
SiriusBlack Posted - 19 May 2004 : 14:51:14
quote:
Originally posted by Arivia

How class(il)y I come across? Wow-that surprises me, mainly because my tone, in my eyes, has ranged from happy to downright vitriolic(the piece on Dungeon being an example of that). Any examples?

Take a look at many posts on this board and then at your own. To me, you are very classy. But, hey, maybe it's simply the ones I read.

Regardless, I look at your posts and I feel better....about me. After all, I belong to the same community as you do.

Arivia Posted - 19 May 2004 : 14:44:58
How class(il)y I come across? Wow-that surprises me, mainly because my tone, in my eyes, has ranged from happy to downright vitriolic(the piece on Dungeon being an example of that). Any examples? Ah, so it is coming across as funny-I wasn't sure if the lighthearted jabs I make at times were being appreciated. I'll try-can't guarantee anything, but I'll try.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000