Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Favorite Prestige

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Salius Kai Posted - 16 Mar 2003 : 06:06:16
I don't know if this has been asked yet, but I'm to tired to check and I have a question to go with it sooo....

Whats your favorite prestige class. Why?

Question: Is there an Alchemist prestige class. Is it possible to make your own prestige classes? If so, could someone show me website or something to aid me in creation of it?

Thank you.
30   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
The Sage Posted - 26 Oct 2003 : 05:01:12
I am currently revising my listing of favorite PrC's. I am still awaiting my copy of Underdark, before the listing can be finalised.

I'll update my choices, after that time.

Bookwyrm Posted - 24 Oct 2003 : 17:16:27
I hate it when they do stuff like that. I mean, sure, it's just a game. It ain't real. But . . . I still don't want to encourage anything like that. I prefer respect for others in all things.

Reminds me -- I've got a suggestion to encourage roleplay among munchkins . . . I've got to put that up.
Jander Sunstar Posted - 24 Oct 2003 : 13:24:16
This must have been fun. Eventhough being a hero and helping others is more satisfing in a game for me, killing for honor ang glory would be cool too. I won't rape anyone even in a game but killing servants burning homes and destroying everything in my path is great fun. I love to see wealthy and powerful nobles kneel before my sword and crawl in their blood begging for their lifes. Praising Talos and Loviatar after my finishing my duties to Tempus takes lots of presure away.
Arivia Posted - 24 Oct 2003 : 11:56:31
Kill, rape and pillage...yep.
William of Waterdeep Posted - 24 Oct 2003 : 06:03:50
quote:
Originally posted by Arivia

It's not too late, Blacksage. Just happy for an answer.

See, Bookwyrm, I was basically locked in a room with evil(truly evil)munchkins for two years, so I've tested most of the WotC offerings for balance. I'm still rebounding from that experience. I hope it won't affect my performance in the game I'm running, though.

Is this that group you told us about before that wanted to kill everything?
Arivia Posted - 22 Oct 2003 : 21:16:43
It's not too late, Blacksage. Just happy for an answer.

See, Bookwyrm, I was basically locked in a room with evil(truly evil)munchkins for two years, so I've tested most of the WotC offerings for balance. I'm still rebounding from that experience. I hope it won't affect my performance in the game I'm running, though.
Blacksage Posted - 22 Oct 2003 : 17:27:22
Arivia,i know it's a bit late to answer but it's the 3.0 one
Bookwyrm Posted - 22 Oct 2003 : 15:22:01
quote:

I believe that's what the elaborate parry class feature is meant to emulate, Bookwyrm. I understand the reasons behind the duelist's revision; I played in a kick-in-the-door group for a while, who eventually had to ban the duelist, because of balance issues.

Not being part of a group, I had no way of knowing if the class was balanced or not. So many things were just thrown into the books without testing, it seems. The Duelist seemed to be perfect at first, but I've come to realise how it would easily be abused. I just had no idea what would be expected for it, that's all.

As for my half-hearted complaints, I'm just trying to make sure my character's stats reflect his background in every way. Sometimes I just have an attack of perfectionism when it comes to my writing -- which is how I see the game.
William of Waterdeep Posted - 22 Oct 2003 : 15:00:26
quote:

This is Candlekeep, William. Knowledge flows freely.

Thanks all the same its nice to get an answer to your question.I am trying to get some 3e and 3.5 books.Well,some are on the way but working on more.
Arivia Posted - 22 Oct 2003 : 06:17:53
This is Candlekeep, William. Knowledge flows freely.
William of Waterdeep Posted - 22 Oct 2003 : 02:20:26
quote:
Originally posted by Bookwyrm

Duelist is my favorite as well, as I'd already stated.

I suppose that the 3.5e version is the better one; while I'll miss the nice, sudden +5 AC bonus when my 20 Int character takes it next level (3.5e adjusting it to 1 point of Int per level of Duelist), it's more realistic to have it come more gradually.

I do miss the Acrobatic Attack, though; it seemed to fit. But (having since done some more research on fencing) it might be for the best. (Charges, and anything like them, don't seem to be part of a fencer's style.)

Personally, I think that the Duelist ought to come with some sort of bonus for an off-hand parry. It seems to be part of European dueling systems, though not a huge one.

Oh,I didn't remember that.My bad!! Thanks for explaining a little about it anyways guys.
Arivia Posted - 21 Oct 2003 : 23:43:24
I believe that's what the elaborate parry class feature is meant to emulate, Bookwyrm. I understand the reasons behind the duelist's revision; I played in a kick-in-the-door group for a while, who eventually had to ban the duelist, because of balance issues.
Bookwyrm Posted - 21 Oct 2003 : 23:24:17
Duelist is my favorite as well, as I'd already stated.

I suppose that the 3.5e version is the better one; while I'll miss the nice, sudden +5 AC bonus when my 20 Int character takes it next level (3.5e adjusting it to 1 point of Int per level of Duelist), it's more realistic to have it come more gradually.

I do miss the Acrobatic Attack, though; it seemed to fit. But (having since done some more research on fencing) it might be for the best. (Charges, and anything like them, don't seem to be part of a fencer's style.)

Personally, I think that the Duelist ought to come with some sort of bonus for an off-hand parry. It seems to be part of European dueling systems, though not a huge one.
Arivia Posted - 21 Oct 2003 : 07:04:35
The Duelist prestige class first was published in the 3.0 supplement Sword and Fist, then was reprinted in the 3.5 core rulebooks. The class was revised heavily during the transition and I'd like to find out which he likes more...
William of Waterdeep Posted - 21 Oct 2003 : 00:03:58
quote:

3.0 or 3.5, Blacksage?

Since I don't have the 3e stuff,could you explain about the Duelist.
Arivia Posted - 20 Oct 2003 : 23:15:20
3.0 or 3.5, Blacksage?
Blacksage Posted - 20 Oct 2003 : 22:36:07
Duelist.
Simply best
Jander Sunstar Posted - 10 Oct 2003 : 09:28:03
Yeah forsaker is a coplete mundane character. Increases ability every level thats extra ordinary.but how can a man resist to a superior enemy without some potions or healing. He regenerates and con bonus adds to ac so you can increase your con to 22 if you are a dwarf in 2 levels. Anyway everyone needs healing in emergency.
Where can I find info about sniper?
William of Waterdeep Posted - 10 Oct 2003 : 02:17:00
quote:
Originally posted by Cult_Leader

BAH thats nothing. Hell man. Deep Woood sniper is nothing compared to "The Sniper". So much better. And if you want Mundane power up the yin-yang and have a reason to have it, I suggest you make a barbarian half-orc, then later on give him the Forsaker Class. Yeah. Thats Mundane power.

Forsaker Class? 3e I guess. barbarian half-orc is a class/race combo I like.
Cult_Leader Posted - 08 Oct 2003 : 17:03:27
BAH thats nothing. Hell man. Deep Woood sniper is nothing compared to "The Sniper". So much better. And if you want Mundane power up the yin-yang and have a reason to have it, I suggest you make a barbarian half-orc, then later on give him the Forsaker Class. Yeah. Thats Mundane power.
Arteris Posted - 08 Oct 2003 : 04:13:06
quote:
Originally posted by Cult_Leader

*Just shuts their plane down to make cool little stones* Now I rule you all hehe. Anyway. No. Said it before say it again. I like mundane classes. Like Sheild bearer, Sniper, Jester, and The Lance. Just something about Mundane a$$ kickers that makes me happy.

Thats why Urza's dead huh :oP, its all about Volrath dude.. And (if you followed the newer series) Chainer

Now that I think about it
I do like the Peerless Archer and Wild Scout from Silver Marches book and the Tempus from Bard, Ranger & Druid along with Deepwood Sniper
Also Dwarven Defender all the way baby :o)

Still I have to stand with my Shadow Dancer pick for first
William of Waterdeep Posted - 08 Oct 2003 : 01:44:32
quote:
Originally posted by Kitira Gildragon

I'm absolutely loving the Windwalker and Doomguide classes!
While I'm thinking about it, there are windwalkers involved in Myth Drannor, raising Shaunakul's throne, right? Is there any info about how far they've gotten?

Wow,tell me about the Doomguide.What alignment,classes,etc. allowed.
Kitira Gildragon Posted - 07 Oct 2003 : 18:54:16
I'm absolutely loving the Windwalker and Doomguide classes!
While I'm thinking about it, there are windwalkers involved in Myth Drannor, raising Shaunakul's throne, right? Is there any info about how far they've gotten?
Jander Sunstar Posted - 07 Oct 2003 : 17:38:36
I saw that there are not many extra abilities of purple dragon. just gives your fighter some paladin like abilities. and ý read that purole dragon commanders must have a purple dragon, in site but not in those resorces because ý m still trying to download them.
Cult_Leader Posted - 07 Oct 2003 : 14:59:05
I could have sword that PDK's are also found in the Prest. clases found in the DMG for 3rd edition. Probably in 3.5 to.
Jander Sunstar Posted - 07 Oct 2003 : 09:57:35
quote:
Originally posted by William of Waterdeep

quote:
Originally posted by Jander Sunstar

I have two questions William i will be gratefull if you answer.
Where can i find purple dragon prestige class
the second is a little bit dumb question but do all the purple dragons have to take this prestige class first?

No problem,FRCs book 2e page 49, and no its not a dumb question because not all who serve in the purple dragon knights have this prestige class and it isn't necessary to serve.
Any Fighter,Ranger,Paladin,Bard,Cleric,or Rogue can become one.
It says Sorcerers and Wizards tend to join the War Wizards though.
Any Non evil and non chaotic alignment.The only ones it leaves out as a class are Barbarians,Druids,and Monks.

Thanks a lot William. I m preparing an adventure in cormyr. So ý dont want my players know more than me. I m grateful for your help
William of Waterdeep Posted - 06 Oct 2003 : 23:24:15
quote:
Originally posted by Jander Sunstar

the second is a little bit dumb question but do all the purple dragons have to take this prestige class first?

No problem,FRCs book 2e page 49, and no its not a dumb question because not all who serve in the purple dragon knights have this prestige class and it isn't necessary to serve.
Any Fighter,Ranger,Paladin,Bard,Cleric,or Rogue can become one.
It says Sorcerers and Wizards tend to join the War Wizards though.
Any Non evil and non chaotic alignment.The only ones it leaves out as a class are Barbarians,Druids,and Monks.
Jander Sunstar Posted - 06 Oct 2003 : 15:16:17
Cult_Leader Posted - 06 Oct 2003 : 14:00:02
*Just shuts their plane down to make cool little stones* Now I rule you all hehe. Anyway. No. Said it before say it again. I like mundane classes. Like Sheild bearer, Sniper, Jester, and The Lance. Just something about Mundane a$$ kickers that makes me happy.
William of Waterdeep Posted - 06 Oct 2003 : 04:14:20
Cardinal,I too like the planeswalker!

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000