Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Sschindylryn info?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Trace_Coburn Posted - 26 Mar 2006 : 13:36:24
Apart from the brief write-up in the City of the Spider Queen Web Enhancement, does anyone know where I might find information about this drow city directly under Cormyr? I'm looking to use it as deeeep background for something, and more details would be appreciated (especially 'feel' details, as there would be older characters reminiscing about the place semi-fondly....)
14   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
The Sage Posted - 28 Mar 2006 : 01:30:00
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

Interestingly, in Eric's first draft of DDGttU, he intended Sschindylryn's Gate to lead to the drow city of Erelhei Cinlu on Oerth - creating an FR/GH crossover. This was in response to the fact that there was a listing of several Greyhawk drow cities and noble houses in Ed's Drow of the Underdark. This attempt to fix a Realmslore contradiction however didn't get through the editing process.

'Tis an interesing bit of info... Might I ask where it came from?

As I recall... Krash told me .
Wooly Rupert Posted - 27 Mar 2006 : 18:13:32
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

Interestingly, in Eric's first draft of DDGttU, he intended Sschindylryn's Gate to lead to the drow city of Erelhei Cinlu on Oerth - creating an FR/GH crossover. This was in response to the fact that there was a listing of several Greyhawk drow cities and noble houses in Ed's Drow of the Underdark. This attempt to fix a Realmslore contradiction however didn't get through the editing process.

'Tis an interesing bit of info... Might I ask where it came from?
Trace_Coburn Posted - 27 Mar 2006 : 13:43:49
quote:
Originally posted by Drakul

Thanx, Gray. BTW, who is the Patron Deity in the city in question??

'Twould seem to be Lolth. The WE describes how the Silence (1372DR) led to a sharp upswing in assassinations of priestesses, partly in the hope of 'appeasing' the Spider Queen after 'offending' her with their lack of in-fighting... and with the number of priestesses shrinking rapidly, their former responsibilities are increasingly falling into the hands of males, to the point where the females only think they're still the ones in control....

I'd like to "ditto" the thanks for the link, drakul - enough *there* to jazz with, certainly.
Drakul Posted - 27 Mar 2006 : 10:31:36
Thanx, Gray. BTW, who is the Patron Deity in the city in question??
Gray Richardson Posted - 26 Mar 2006 : 22:03:21
That's a cool link Drakul. Very helpful, thank you. I am also running a Suzail campaign currently and this thread is giving me several ideas on how to work Sschindylryn into an upcoming adventures.
Drakul Posted - 26 Mar 2006 : 20:41:02
I posted a link that tells about Plungepool and the Drow city in question. Has anyone even looked at it??
ericlboyd Posted - 26 Mar 2006 : 20:28:10
quote:
Originally posted by Arivia

quote:
Originally posted by Beirnadri Magranth

is sschindylryn the place where danifae goes to for a while to break the battlecaptive enchantment?

I believe that was Sshamath, which is far more detailed(DDGttU being the best source.)

There is a scene in Sschindylryn where the rogue character (V... blanking on the name) goes briefly. I think it was book 4 or so.

Other than that it's really just the write-up in DDGttU (and the original mention of the gate in the Menzo boxed set).

As for why I put the city under Cormyr in DDGttU ... look at the write-up of the Plungepool in VGtC.

--Eric
Arivia Posted - 26 Mar 2006 : 16:54:21
quote:
Originally posted by Beirnadri Magranth

is sschindylryn the place where danifae goes to for a while to break the battlecaptive enchantment?

I believe that was Sshamath, which is far more detailed(DDGttU being the best source.)
Beirnadri Magranth Posted - 26 Mar 2006 : 16:52:38
The Sage Posted - 26 Mar 2006 : 15:06:42
quote:

You can try the Underdark book.

No, Sschindylryn hasn't received significant detailing in the Realmslore.

Having said that... I second the motion for asking Eric about what he can possibly share about this locale.
Drakul Posted - 26 Mar 2006 : 14:56:49
I found this in a Yahoo search: http://orion.zztong.com/~zztong/ddsource/chapter01/sschindylryn.html

Is this of any help??
Arivia Posted - 26 Mar 2006 : 14:47:40
quote:

Nothing in there; I've just checked.

You might want to try asking Eric Boyd if he has any more information.
Drakul Posted - 26 Mar 2006 : 14:46:20
The Sage Posted - 26 Mar 2006 : 14:35:35
It's largely undetailed. Drizzt Do'Urden's Guide to the Underdark contains lore on Sschindylryn's Gate... but that relates more to a location nine days out from Menzoberranzan.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000