Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Cleric PrC

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Skeptic Posted - 22 Jan 2006 : 20:40:34
Hi,

The Banite cleric in my campaign is looking for a PrC (he don't like the Dreadmaster one in F&P).

He asked me about the Divine Disciple (PGtF) and the Contemplative (CD).

Set aside the complete lack of flavor of the Divine Disciple I have no problem with it, but I find it a bit hard to picture a Banite contemplative.. what do you think ?

11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Fletcher Posted - 24 Jan 2006 : 23:18:08
quote:
Originally posted by Purple Dragon Knight
[>>>snip!!<<<
What you just described here is Semmemmon. Swap his wizard levels for the cleric/contemplative progression you just mentioned, then keep Semmemmon's personality intact, and you've got your power behind and in front of the throne.

Oooh! Good point. I'm going to have to look at my Uber-villain cleric of Bane. Right now he is just an amorphous blob...perhaps i now have a PrC for my campaign as well!
Purple Dragon Knight Posted - 24 Jan 2006 : 21:42:44
quote:
Originally posted by Snotlord

quote:
Originally posted by Skeptic

...but I find it a bit hard to picture a Banite contemplative.. what do you think ?

A philsophical deep-thinking cleric of tyranny? It could be very creepy with the right player, if you ask me. If the player has some serious thoughts on how this is supposed to work out let him/her. The characters could turn out really cool, and/or give Banites real depth in you game.

What you just described here is Semmemmon. Swap his wizard levels for the cleric/contemplative progression you just mentioned, then keep Semmemmon's personality intact, and you've got your power behind and in front of the throne.
Snotlord Posted - 24 Jan 2006 : 17:45:50
Its a shame really. I've seen a couple of great evil power-behind-the-throne characters, and they always turn games in unexpected, fun, directions.

A Warpriest sounds more appropriate, but I am not one to judge what is the right motivations for taking a prestige class. There is nothing wrong about looking for cool abilities. Steam Venters are as welcome at my gaming table as Role Players. Also, sometimes people change their characters to fit the cool abilities, instead for picking a class that fits the character.
Skeptic Posted - 24 Jan 2006 : 17:27:11
quote:

A philsophical deep-thinking cleric of tyranny? It could be very creepy with the right player, if you ask me.

Shiver about Snotlord's idea... but problem is the player prefer to smash all with his Morning Star and want a PrC for some "cool abilities"

Wooly Rupert Posted - 24 Jan 2006 : 17:12:54
quote:

quote:

...but I find it a bit hard to picture a Banite contemplative.. what do you think ?

A philsophical deep-thinking cleric of tyranny? It could be very creepy with the right player, if you ask me. If the player has some serious thoughts on how this is supposed to work out let him/her. The characters could turn out really cool, and/or give Banites real depth in you game.

I could readily see such a character (most likely an NPC) in more of an advisory position -- the proverbial power behind the throne, rather than ruling openly.
Snotlord Posted - 24 Jan 2006 : 15:59:22
quote:

Skeptic Posted - 24 Jan 2006 : 15:20:26
Yeah, you're right. In fact, it's strange that the PrC is not already open for LE clerics.
Fletcher Posted - 23 Jan 2006 : 20:53:58
Nah, leave it detect good. There are way too many diabolical uses for that ability.

Using goody types as fall guys.
Knowing when a goody type is trying to infiltrate your orginization.
Knowing who not to trust and who to kill in your organization is very important.
Skeptic Posted - 23 Jan 2006 : 17:44:23
quote:
Originally posted by Fletcher

church inquisitor from the complete divine?

Very interesting, would you only change the Detect good / Detect evil for a LE cleric/deity or something else ?

The Force Shape Change would be great for this campaign.

Fletcher Posted - 23 Jan 2006 : 17:18:54
church inquisitor from the complete divine?
Dargoth Posted - 22 Jan 2006 : 21:34:29
How about a War Priest?

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000