Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Spellcasting Prodigy

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Forge Posted - 27 Jul 2005 : 18:15:00
In the FR source book it lists Spellcasting Prodigy in 2 places, once in brief and once in detail. In the brief description it says that the feat increases the DC of spells cast, in the detail it omits this.

Which is it?
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
thom Posted - 29 Jul 2005 : 17:27:49
quote:
Originally posted by Proc

I was under the strong impression that this feat only increased a spellcasters ability score for the purposes of bonus spells, NOT DC's as well. I believe it was updated in the Player's Guide To Faerun.

Proc is dead right (unfortunately). Richard Baker discussed on the WOTC boards why they changed this; it had to do with play balance.
Xysma Posted - 28 Jul 2005 : 04:39:24
In the FRCS, the feat allows you to treat your primary spellcasting ability score as 2 points higher than the actual value for determining bonus spells and DCs. In the PGtF, it only applies to determining bonus spells.
Proc Posted - 28 Jul 2005 : 03:14:01
I was under the strong impression that this feat only increased a spellcasters ability score for the purposes of bonus spells, NOT DC's as well. I believe it was updated in the Player's Guide To Faerun.
Thureen Buroch Posted - 28 Jul 2005 : 00:29:50
It increases the DC. It allows the spellcaster to cast spells from one class as if his/her key spellcasting ability for that class were two points higher. The DC increase is not an exception. Keep in mind, not saying something is true isn't the same as saying that something is false.
Arlenion Posted - 27 Jul 2005 : 18:25:13
I remember the WOTC website talking about this. Try looking at the FR FAQ.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000