Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Visiting the USA

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Faramicos Posted - 14 Jul 2005 : 16:24:03
From the 13th of september i am going to spend 10 weeks in the USA. Can any of you tell me where to go if i want to find a big well-assorted store, selling AD&D books and novels? I land in New York and the take a Road Trip down the East coast followed by a long cruise through the south to L.A. and the general West Coast. Have any of you any ideas of where to go if i want to find stores, events or so?
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Faramicos Posted - 24 Jul 2005 : 00:44:47
That would be awsome. I would be very grateful if you would do that.
Bjorn the Studious Posted - 23 Jul 2005 : 14:13:58
There are much better stores than the local chain bookstore for role playing games. If you are really interested I can ask my sister in NYC what game stores are good.
Faramicos Posted - 21 Jul 2005 : 14:36:02
Sorry, but we havent got any certain route to take. That is the beauty of our trip. We improvise as we see what the day brings... But thanks for the offer.
Patman21967 Posted - 21 Jul 2005 : 05:18:34
Hey,
As you come down the East Coast corridor, on Interstate 95, you will pass through a small state named Delaware. In the city of Newark Delaware, there is an incredible game store called the "Days of Knights". You can visit their website at www.daysofknights.com

The store is owned by good friend and fellow gamer friend of mine. Perhaps if you stop, we could meet for lunch and a beer or 2.

My email is patman21967@comcast.net

Let me know!!!
Lashan Posted - 15 Jul 2005 : 19:17:13
If you are looking for the older stuff, then I am sure there HAS TO BE a good 2nd hand store in NYC. I don't live there, but I am sure there is one.

You might be able to order the books online from a book store and then have them shipped to a local store in the US. You can then go and pick up these books when you visit.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 14 Jul 2005 : 22:59:05
Sci-Fi City in Orlando is pretty good.

The Wizard's Wall in Melbourne, Florida (the Space Coast) is pretty good, too.
Xysma Posted - 14 Jul 2005 : 19:56:23
Also, if your cruise through the south brings you into Memphis, TN, check out Comics and Collectibles on Poplar Ave, they have the best gaming selection in town.
Forge Posted - 14 Jul 2005 : 19:54:34
Oh yeah, and if you look for Half Price Books, or other 2d hand stores, they will have a wealth of books available as well.
Xysma Posted - 14 Jul 2005 : 19:53:09
I doubt you'll find any AD&D books at Barnes and Noble or Walden, they carry novels and 3ed only. Go for the gaming, comic, and hobby shops.

Wizards has a retail locator:

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=company/locator

Green Ronin also has a retail locator:

http://www.greenronin.com/retailer_locator.php?country=US&state_prov=NY

Check out Forbidden Planet if you get a chance, I can't remember if they have any gaming stuff, but it is an inredibly cool store.
Address & Phone:
840 Broadway @ 13th Street
473-1576
475-6161 (Mail Order)
Wooly Rupert Posted - 14 Jul 2005 : 17:06:58
And, in case you need to know the currency conversion rate, I recommend this site:

http://www.xe.com/ucc/
Faramicos Posted - 14 Jul 2005 : 17:04:39
Cool... I will look at the prices online. Good to have something to expect when i arrive. It sounds like its not all that cheaper than in Denmark, but the number of books on sale are probably greater...
Forge Posted - 14 Jul 2005 : 16:36:01
Novels go for about 7-10 dollars a piece US, D&D 3.x books go for around $35 US. Some hobby shops may discount some, but that's what to expect standard.
SiriusBlack Posted - 14 Jul 2005 : 16:33:04
quote:
Originally posted by Faramicos

cool... Thanks. I look forward to empty the shelves of books. What are the price level for the different books? Novels?

Go to Barnes and Noble online and you can see some prices for various items. Be aware, at least the store I buy from locally, does not offer the discounts for online shoppers. They simply sell at suggested retail price for gaming products.
Faramicos Posted - 14 Jul 2005 : 16:31:02
cool... Thanks. I look forward to empty the shelves of books. What are the price level for the different books? Novels?
Forge Posted - 14 Jul 2005 : 16:26:32
Barnes and Noble is a good store to check, also Waldenbooks seems to keep a wide selection of D&D stuff on hand. However, if you want to find a good source of gaming books look up Hobby stores or comic book shops in whatever city you are in. They usually have a better selection.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000