Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Info on Volo

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Dracandos the Spellsage Posted - 10 Jul 2005 : 01:31:21
Greetings. I wish to learn more of the infamous Volothamp Geddarm. Who exactly is he? Where is he from? How did he get to know the great Elminster so well? ect. Any sourcebook that descirbes him well or any link would be useful. My thanks
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Reefy Posted - 12 Jul 2005 : 01:09:05
quote:
Originally posted by SiriusBlack

quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert
Unfortunately, the best of the group, Volo's Guide to Waterdeep, is absent from that list.

Given the popularity of the city, I'm not surprised at all by this abscence.

I wouldn't really have said any of the areas covered are unpopular.
SiriusBlack Posted - 11 Jul 2005 : 17:20:04
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert
Unfortunately, the best of the group, Volo's Guide to Waterdeep, is absent from that list.

Given the popularity of the city, I'm not surprised at all by this abscence.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 11 Jul 2005 : 17:18:35
quote:
Originally posted by Thureen Buroch

Some, if not all, of Volo's guides can be downloaded free from the DnD website as PDF files. Here's a link:

http://wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/dnd/downloads

Wooly Rupert Posted - 11 Jul 2005 : 17:17:30
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

quote:
Originally posted by Kuje

He's been turned into a frog before and he also makes appearance in last years Spin a Yarn from Gencon, the links can be found in my WOTC FR FAQ on those boards or in Ed's thread on page 48, I believe.

Indeed. As the Lady Hooded One said many months ago -

quote:
Inevitably, it was, and as a result Volo (for his own protection, the Old Mage insists) spent some time as an ornamental frog sculpture in Elminster’s pond. He’s free again now, and I fear we’ve all not heard the last from Volo. :}
And again from THO -

quote:
Ed tells me Volo was freed almost two years ago, Realms-time, but there’s “free” and there’s “free,” if you know what I mean. Readers of Ed’s 2003 Spin A Yarn story know what he was briefly up to (and what most of the Seven Sisters think of him), and Ed tells me he also appears in the ‘thus-far-unseen, but handed in months ago’ 2004 Spin A Yarn story. I know some scribes will leap to tell me these stories aren’t canon, but to them I reply: this is VOLO we’re talking about, people! Volo!
P.S. There are several unpublished New Adventures of Volo DRAGON columns floating around in the WotC vaults, and some HORRIBLE poetry penned by Volo, too. To say nothing of a fragmentary ‘heaving bosoms’ broadsheet serial he started, ere one of his imprisonments . . .
love to all,
THO
The 2004 Spin A Yarn story, or rather the first two parts, is now available on the WotC site:

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=books/fr/spinayarn2004p1

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=books/fr/spinayarn2004p2

Part three is up:

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=books/fr/spinayarn2004p3
Sir Luther Cromwell Posted - 11 Jul 2005 : 16:08:55
Just the word volo, it reminds me of a man drinking alone in the bar, eternally drinking and drinking so that he may not be conscious for the tab.
Thureen Buroch Posted - 11 Jul 2005 : 16:01:13
Some, if not all, of Volo's guides can be downloaded free from the DnD website as PDF files. Here's a link:

http://wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/dnd/downloads
Dracandos the Spellsage Posted - 10 Jul 2005 : 17:32:55
Well met. My thanks
The Sage Posted - 10 Jul 2005 : 04:12:05
quote:
Originally posted by Kuje

He's been turned into a frog before and he also makes appearance in last years Spin a Yarn from Gencon, the links can be found in my WOTC FR FAQ on those boards or in Ed's thread on page 48, I believe.

Indeed. As the Lady Hooded One said many months ago -

quote:
Inevitably, it was, and as a result Volo (for his own protection, the Old Mage insists) spent some time as an ornamental frog sculpture in Elminster’s pond. He’s free again now, and I fear we’ve all not heard the last from Volo. :}
And again from THO -

quote:
Ed tells me Volo was freed almost two years ago, Realms-time, but there’s “free” and there’s “free,” if you know what I mean. Readers of Ed’s 2003 Spin A Yarn story know what he was briefly up to (and what most of the Seven Sisters think of him), and Ed tells me he also appears in the ‘thus-far-unseen, but handed in months ago’ 2004 Spin A Yarn story. I know some scribes will leap to tell me these stories aren’t canon, but to them I reply: this is VOLO we’re talking about, people! Volo!
P.S. There are several unpublished New Adventures of Volo DRAGON columns floating around in the WotC vaults, and some HORRIBLE poetry penned by Volo, too. To say nothing of a fragmentary ‘heaving bosoms’ broadsheet serial he started, ere one of his imprisonments . . .
love to all,
THO
The 2004 Spin A Yarn story, or rather the first two parts, is now available on the WotC site:

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=books/fr/spinayarn2004p1

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=books/fr/spinayarn2004p2
Kuje Posted - 10 Jul 2005 : 01:39:42
quote:
Originally posted by Dracandos the Spellsage

Greetings. I wish to learn more of the infamous Volothamp Geddarm. Who exactly is he? Where is he from? How did he get to know the great Elminster so well? ect. Any sourcebook that descirbes him well or any link would be useful. My thanks

Some info about him can be found in Ed's replies here on the boards, see my sig. :)

Some info about him can be found in Volo's Volo's Guides. He's also been stated and given lore in various sourcebooks. See the sig again. :)

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000