Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Shimmergloom still alive??

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Morgagni Posted - 24 Jun 2005 : 11:02:58
It's possible that Shimmergloom, before her death in Garumn's Gorge, have made a pact with the Cult of Dragon and maybe her phylactery (as a dracolich) were far from Mithril Hall so she's still alive (her spirit)???
But: A dracolich, like any other undead don't suffer the mass damages that probably have killed her...or not???
P.S. Sorry for my bad english...
30   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Asgetrion Posted - 26 Mar 2006 : 18:30:02
quote:
Originally posted by Drakul

I don't suppose there is a place that has or created 3E or 3.5E stats for Shimmergloom??

Arivia is right - just do them yourself. I like the short stat line, because I can design the exact details and stats for NPCs (even modify their levels if need be) as befits my campaign.
Arivia Posted - 25 Mar 2006 : 21:16:10
quote:

I don't suppose there is a place that has or created 3E or 3.5E stats for Shimmergloom??

Try the WotC boards; someone over there might have done them. Otherwise, it's not a particularly hard task to do yourself --- the core rulebooks and the Draconomicon should be all you need.
Drakul Posted - 25 Mar 2006 : 21:13:23
Arivia Posted - 25 Mar 2006 : 21:11:43
quote:

I was hopin for Ability Scores and the like.

As I said, it's a short stat line, which is all that was needed back then.
Drakul Posted - 25 Mar 2006 : 21:10:02
I was hopin for Ability Scores and the like.
Arivia Posted - 25 Mar 2006 : 21:07:42
quote:

I went through the books thrice over and no sign of Shimmergloom's stats.

Page 43 of FR5(The Savage Frontier), middle column.
Drakul Posted - 25 Mar 2006 : 21:00:09
I went through the books thrice over and no sign of Shimmergloom's stats.
Arivia Posted - 25 Mar 2006 : 20:53:16
quote:
Originally posted by Kuje
Sorry, but I don't supply the long stats. You can buy the two pdf's at rpgnow.com or paizo's site or, if they are free on wotc, download them.

Yes, they are.

quote:

Otherwise, he's a shadow dragon that is of the age catagory of great wyrm, as those two sourcebooks say. :) Course those were 2e's age catagories and I'm not sure what they would convert over as in 3/3.5e.

I believe great wyrms are still great wyrms; the discrepancy arises in such things as CR/party challenge equivalency.

quote:

I went through both sources on WotC and they were not in there.

It's been awhile since I looked in either of those sources, but I believe the provided stats were equivalent to a short stat line of today---that is, the one typified by (NG human female Wiz7) or such.
Drakul Posted - 25 Mar 2006 : 20:51:56
I went through both sources on WotC and they were not in there.
Kuje Posted - 25 Mar 2006 : 20:49:13
quote:

I meant the link to the 2 sources you refered me to. Can you hook me up with the stats so I can settle my little vendetta I have with this search??

Sorry, but I don't supply the long stats. You can buy the two pdf's at rpgnow.com or paizo's site or, if they are free on wotc, download them.

Otherwise, he's a shadow dragon that is of the age catagory of great wyrm, as those two sourcebooks say. :) Course those were 2e's age catagories and I'm not sure what they would convert over as in 3/3.5e.
Drakul Posted - 25 Mar 2006 : 20:40:11
I meant the link to the 2 sources you refered me to. Can you hook me up with the stats so I can settle my little vendetta I have with this search??
Kuje Posted - 25 Mar 2006 : 20:22:40
quote:

Can't get his stats through those links. Somethin wrong with them. I found them on WotC, yet no stats for Shimmergloom.

What? There's nothing wrong with the links in my sig, I just checked them. You have to have excel or a program that can read excel files to read the file. What links are you talking about on wotc's? And yes, Shimmergloom does have stats in my files since that's where I pulled the above two from.

Also, as I said, Alaundo has some of the same files as HTML's on Candlekeep and they can be found in the updates from last month or the month before until I send him some more.
Drakul Posted - 25 Mar 2006 : 19:44:21
I don't recall them takin out a Dracolich. When did that happen??
Beezy Posted - 25 Mar 2006 : 19:39:13
quote:
Originally posted by Chataro

Last point to make here, if Shimmergloom truly was a dracolich, the companions of the hall would have been wiped out completely. There is no way the companions of the hall could defeat a shadowdragon lich. No offense to RAS lovers, i'm just stating a fact here. Don't get angry. I'm also a big fan of RAS too.

RAS would make it happen. His characters never lose.

Spoiler for PotWK by RAS

In promise of the witch king Artemis and Jarlaxle take out a dracolich, its not a shadow dragon but then again Artemis and Jarlaxle are not his money making Drizzt and company either.
Drakul Posted - 25 Mar 2006 : 19:00:16
quote:
Originally posted by Kuje

quote:

Anyone know where I can find his stats??

Shimmergloom, Great Shadow Wyrm, Resides in Mithril Hall, The Savage Frontier

Shimmergloom, Great Shadow Wyrm, Resides in Mithril Hall, Volo's Guide to the North

No idea if there are 3/3.5e stats and if you want to find more 1e and 2e stats, see my sig where I made a data base from the canon sourcebooks. I really need to finish turning those into HTML for Alaundo. He has some of them on the candlekeep site as well and they can be found in last months or the months before update.

Can't get his stats through those links. Somethin wrong with them. I found them on WotC, yet no stats for Shimmergloom.
scererar Posted - 25 Mar 2006 : 16:26:17
quote:
Originally posted by Chataro

Indeed. And considering the usual dwarven fashion of relating great exploits through song, Shadovar could have just as easily learned about Shimmergloom during his time in the North. Or through bardic tales sung on streets corners.

Good stories never fade...

Spoiler Warning !!!

I don't think anyone could have heard about shimmergloom from tavern tales. After all, Breunor was the King of Mithril hall and even he forgot totally about Mithril hall until he took the potion from Malchoir Harper. In fact, until Breunor went to Mithril hall in Streams of Silvers, No one know anythin about mithril hall.

Last point to make here, if Shimmergloom truly was a dracolich, the companions of the hall would have been wiped out completely. There is no way the companions of the hall could defeat a shadowdragon lich. No offense to RAS lovers, i'm just stating a fact here. Don't get angry. I'm also a big fan of RAS too.

I would say that they would give one a run for it's money. Look at Spellfire. Granted, they don't have Elminster and a young spellfire wielding lass, who seems to burn through her clothing quite often , running with them.
Kuje Posted - 25 Mar 2006 : 16:06:16
quote:

Shimmergloom, Great Shadow Wyrm, Resides in Mithril Hall, The Savage Frontier

Shimmergloom, Great Shadow Wyrm, Resides in Mithril Hall, Volo's Guide to the North

No idea if there are 3/3.5e stats and if you want to find more 1e and 2e stats, see my sig where I made a data base from the canon sourcebooks. I really need to finish turning those into HTML for Alaundo. He has some of them on the candlekeep site as well and they can be found in last months or the months before update.
Chataro Posted - 25 Mar 2006 : 16:01:30
Indeed. And considering the usual dwarven fashion of relating great exploits through song, Shadovar could have just as easily learned about Shimmergloom during his time in the North. Or through bardic tales sung on streets corners.

Spoiler Warning !!!

I don't think anyone could have heard about shimmergloom from tavern tales. After all, Breunor was the King of Mithril hall and even he forgot totally about Mithril hall until he took the potion from Malchoir Harper. In fact, until Breunor went to Mithril hall in Streams of Silvers, No one know anythin about mithril hall.

Drakul Posted - 25 Mar 2006 : 09:42:52
Drakul Posted - 20 Mar 2006 : 10:01:34
Speakin of Shimmergloom. I am wonderin if his stats have been posted. If so, where would i find them??
Forge Posted - 28 Jun 2005 : 17:49:31
Well, when I posed the question, it was purely hypothetical. My reasoning is that if a giant flaoting city of extra-planear people just popped into Toril, it would make ripples. Likewise with Plane of Shadow, going and coming from the Plane of Shadows, ESPECIALLY with the help of a Diety. Second, most magi in the Realms have a pretty good idea what dragons are about, simply for self-preservation if nothing else. I would imagine a similar levle of knowledge would exist in Shade.

Now, just because they know OF each other doesn't mean they KNOW each other, but they might feel akin should one need assistance and/or succor.
KnightErrantJR Posted - 28 Jun 2005 : 17:33:55
You know, I can never find references in novels, but it was when he was discussing current events with Vala in the first book (obviously, lol).
khorne Posted - 28 Jun 2005 : 12:52:59
quote:
Originally posted by KnightErrantJR

Melegaunt Tanthul mentioned Shimmergloom's death in the first of the ROTAW books, so Shade knew of Shimmergloom, even if Shimmergloom didn't know of Shade . . .

When did he say that?
The Sage Posted - 28 Jun 2005 : 03:28:59
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:

Melegaunt Tanthul mentioned Shimmergloom's death in the first of the ROTAW books, so Shade knew of Shimmergloom, even if Shimmergloom didn't know of Shade . . .

No, one Shadovar knew of Shimmergloom. That doesn't mean anyone else did (it's possible, but I prefer to stick to Occam's Razor).

Remember, he'd been walking the Realms for a while -- more than enough time for him to have heard of Shimmergloom thru entirely mundane means.

Wooly Rupert Posted - 28 Jun 2005 : 02:52:29
quote:

No, one Shadovar knew of Shimmergloom. That doesn't mean anyone else did (it's possible, but I prefer to stick to Occam's Razor).

Remember, he'd been walking the Realms for a while -- more than enough time for him to have heard of Shimmergloom thru entirely mundane means.
KnightErrantJR Posted - 27 Jun 2005 : 23:05:32
Wooly Rupert Posted - 27 Jun 2005 : 22:18:51
quote:
Originally posted by Forge

Just an idle musing I had, but with Shimmergloom being a native of the plane of Shadows, it may be that she has some connection/familiarity with Shade and it's denizens.

Additionally, there was very little in the way of spellcasting done by the dragon if I recall, and arcane magics were not the thrust of the book, but it would be another twist if she turned out to cast using shadowweave or had other tie-ins to the Shades.

Well, it's possible that Shimmergloom knew of Shade... But then again, maybe not. Planes are rather large areas. It's possible that you know of the town I live in -- after all, we are on the same plane -- but it's just as likely that you don't.
Forge Posted - 27 Jun 2005 : 20:19:05
Just an idle musing I had, but with Shimmergloom being a native of the plane of Shadows, it may be that she has some connection/familiarity with Shade and it's denizens.

Additionally, there was very little in the way of spellcasting done by the dragon if I recall, and arcane magics were not the thrust of the book, but it would be another twist if she turned out to cast using shadowweave or had other tie-ins to the Shades.
Shadovar Posted - 25 Jun 2005 : 01:50:03
True, The Cult of The Dragon often tried to convince dragons to become a dracolich. But some dracoliches became disillusioned withe the Cult and somehow either ignored them or turned against them. To convince a dragon to become a dracolich, I guess it takes a lot of gold, gems and treasure to at least get the wrym attention to listen to Cult proposal.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 24 Jun 2005 : 22:59:38
Becoming a dracolich requires participation on the part of the dragon. That's why the Cult is always trying to recruit dragons, rather than killing them or waiting for them to die.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000