Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 History of Candlekeep

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
jebeddo Posted - 07 May 2005 : 21:20:41
It was only the other day when I discovered that I knew nearly nothing of the history of Candlekeep (and to think that I shuffled within its hallowed halls for a year or so now...). If any fellow scribe could post anything regarding Candlekeep (the library set upon a tall cliff and surrounded by water) or Candlekeep (the library set upon an alien plane of existence known as the World Wide Web), it would be much appreciated.
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
jebeddo Posted - 08 May 2005 : 17:26:27
My thanks, great readers. You aid was most helpful.
May Candlekeep's collection grow ever larger.
Alaundo Posted - 08 May 2005 : 09:15:52
Well met

Indeed, Ed's introduction to Candlekeep is by far the most extensive piece of lore I have read on the place and written especially for us all here. It was a great honor to receive this and I find myself still reading through this work on a regular basis

In addition, other snippets of lore on Candlekeep can be found in the FRCS, the Volo's guide (as mentioned by The Sage), and Players Guide to thr Forgotten Realms Campaign.

As for this place in which thou art studying now, 'twas set up in March 1999 with a lot of blood, sweat and tears and arms piled with scrolls and tomes from many Realmslore enthusiasts. If ye require any more information, please feel free to contact me.
The Sage Posted - 08 May 2005 : 02:12:25
Oh, and here's the link to the scroll Sirius just mentioned.
The Sage Posted - 08 May 2005 : 02:08:16
And of course, the ever reliable Volo's Guide to the Sword Coast also details a little about Candlekeep.

There are likely sporadic references in a number of other 2e tomes dealing with the North and the Sword Coast, but I don't have the time to check them all at the moment.
SiriusBlack Posted - 07 May 2005 : 23:01:27
Have you read the "Introduction to Candlekeep" written by Ed Greenwood. That piece of lore is a good place to start.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000