Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Calendar of Harptos

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
George Krashos Posted - 03 Jul 2004 : 06:55:56
This post is regarding the stuff-up on the WotC website (pointed out by Ed in his Novels thread) regarding the colloquial month names. The stuff up is that "the Claws of .." has been attached to other month names (e.g. Ches) in error. The only "claws" month is Alturiak. I bring this up because I noticed that Richard Lee Byers, in error, used "The Claws of the Sunsets" when referring to Ches in his recent novel The Rage.

Who do you have to talk to, to fix these things?

-- George Krashos
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Bookwyrm Posted - 03 Jul 2004 : 11:23:46
I'm not sure I want something as wide-spread as the Realms calander to be "fixed." I'd rather that mistakes be admitted.
Sarta Posted - 03 Jul 2004 : 11:09:54
It's been done before to fix these sorts of problems, but couldn't it be put down as regional differences?

Sarta
Bookwyrm Posted - 03 Jul 2004 : 10:09:12
Jeez. How do you make an error like that?

I admit that though I've gotten past that passage in the book, I hadn't noticed the error. However, that's just because I haven't memorized the calander yet. Surely a Realms author would have done so?

I suppose not. I don't want to criticize him too much, since I've made plenty of similar mistakes, simply because I "know" I'm right . . . but that said, if I made that mistake -- where all I have to do is look at one page in the FRCS, one very easily found -- I would be very deserving of that criticism.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000