Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Calendar of Harptos
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6662 Posts

Posted - 03 Jul 2004 :  06:55:56  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
This post is regarding the stuff-up on the WotC website (pointed out by Ed in his Novels thread) regarding the colloquial month names. The stuff up is that "the Claws of .." has been attached to other month names (e.g. Ches) in error. The only "claws" month is Alturiak. I bring this up because I noticed that Richard Lee Byers, in error, used "The Claws of the Sunsets" when referring to Ches in his recent novel The Rage.

Who do you have to talk to, to fix these things?

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 03 Jul 2004 :  10:09:12  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Jeez. How do you make an error like that?

I admit that though I've gotten past that passage in the book, I hadn't noticed the error. However, that's just because I haven't memorized the calander yet. Surely a Realms author would have done so?

I suppose not. I don't want to criticize him too much, since I've made plenty of similar mistakes, simply because I "know" I'm right . . . but that said, if I made that mistake -- where all I have to do is look at one page in the FRCS, one very easily found -- I would be very deserving of that criticism.

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

Sarta
Senior Scribe

USA
505 Posts

Posted - 03 Jul 2004 :  11:09:54  Show Profile Send Sarta a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's been done before to fix these sorts of problems, but couldn't it be put down as regional differences?

Sarta
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 03 Jul 2004 :  11:23:46  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm not sure I want something as wide-spread as the Realms calander to be "fixed." I'd rather that mistakes be admitted.

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000