Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Asherati

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Seethyr Posted - 18 Dec 2023 : 21:13:04
The asherati of the 3.5e Sandstorm were a pretty interesting race. As far as I know they haven’t appeared anywhere officially except in Eberron.

They’re a pretty darn unique and cool concept. Do you see anywhere for them in the Realms? I mean, I guess Anauroch is the obvious answer but why? A Netherese enclave that survived but changed? A phaerimm experiment on humanity fooled into believing the were created by a god? Maybe A’tar instead of the one mentioned in Sandstorm?
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
sleyvas Posted - 19 Dec 2023 : 23:33:10
Yeah, I'd say that origins in Abeir would work as one of the better options. Another would be having them actually be on the planet closest to the sun.
Seethyr Posted - 19 Dec 2023 : 22:54:57
Oooh I like that. So a similar origin story to Dragonborn and how they got here. I don’t think Abeir is that developed that we could say if it has major deserts or not but I’d assume it does.

Also this way the asherati creation god could be a hitherto unknown primordial instead.
Cosmar Posted - 19 Dec 2023 : 11:22:17
I like those possibilities, though I think I prefer the phaerimm one. (The Netheril one would make sense too--probably a bit more sense--but I'm just a bit Netheril-ed out.)

Another possibility I thought of is that when Abeir-Toril was briefly a thing, perhaps the Asherati were native to the desert-y parts of not-Faerun, some migrated to Faerun, and then got stuck there when the worlds broke apart again. I don't know a lot about Abeir, whether there were/are deserts there--if so, maybe some asherati migrated from there to Anauroch somehow? Or maybe they migrated from Zakhara's High Desert?

Anauroch is the obvious example on Faerun, but where else is sandy/"dune-y" enough for asherati? The Calim Desert?

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000