Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Favorite City

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Kitira Gildragon Posted - 20 Nov 2002 : 14:29:02
I'm supposed to do a project for one of my classes (foreign language) about my ideal comunity. I decided to do a city/area from FR, but then I came upon the ulitmate question: What actualy *WAS* my favorite place? They're all great. What's yours and why? (True to my half-elven character, I chose Elventree for its temples to Mielikki and Mystra. The thought of a forest home w/ other half-elves helped too. )
30   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Malice Posted - 04 Jun 2003 : 16:32:19
quote:
Originally posted by Mournblade
Exactly! And I don't have any Drow females around me which is why I probably LOVE them so much!

(actually my ex girlfriend for one halloween party actually went as a Dark Elf, and she did the make up VERY WELL, She has training as a (performing makeupartist), but left her hair Natural (Red). Needless to say, I was enjoying that party)

I love the fact that the females in most Drow cities have all the power, and the males have to do whatever they want them to.
Mournblade Posted - 04 Jun 2003 : 00:04:15
quote:
Originally posted by Malice

I like it, because it's soo different from my own home, you know? Everyone loves what they dont have.

Exactly! And I don't have any Drow females around me which is why I probably LOVE them so much!

(actually my ex girlfriend for one halloween party actually went as a Dark Elf, and she did the make up VERY WELL, She has training as a (performing makeupartist), but left her hair Natural (Red). Needless to say, I was enjoying that party)

Malice Posted - 03 Jun 2003 : 16:43:36
I like it, because it's soo different from my own home, you know? Everyone loves what they dont have.
The Sage Posted - 03 Jun 2003 : 06:30:02
Actually keeping with the Drow city theme, the recent exposure the city of Ched Nasad has received has made quite an impression on me. I have always been interested in the intricacies of Drow architecture, and while Menzoberranzan has probably always been my favorite Drow city, Ched Nasad would seem to come in at a close second.

May your learning be free and unfettered

Bookwyrm Posted - 03 Jun 2003 : 05:41:05
Yes, the drow do have an interesting sense of asthetics, and I'd love to see city like that. Spiderweb bridges, magical light sculptures, mansions carved out of giant rock formations.

Wouldn't want to stay with the inhabitants for very long. Not even as the persona I use here. They couldn't do much against a mithril dragon sorcerer-mage (and epic-level in both classes -- hey, it's an online persona, I don't have to be realistic! ) but the people wouldn't be very friendly.

Nice place to visit, but I wouldn't want to stay overnight.
Malice Posted - 02 Jun 2003 : 13:28:18
Menzoberranzan. Call me biased, but I just think that it's a great city, even tho Malice doesn't have many happy memories there...
zemd Posted - 05 Apr 2003 : 21:25:21
I this place the druids that leave there keep a micro weather that makes like if it was summer. Green grass, birds,...
Bookwyrm Posted - 05 Apr 2003 : 00:30:41
Oh, now that looks nice and peaceful. A bit cold though.
Sadonayerah Odrydin Posted - 04 Apr 2003 : 15:45:31
*gasp!* Oh okay!!! That place. the place with the really nice music that I have yet to get past! (That's only because I haven't played the game in so long. I think I was stuck on all the caves and such with the skeletons and the tundra yeti....I can't remember for sure. I need to go back and play it again. *idea* spring break is this week...heh...I can play it then! )
Aust Grimshadow Posted - 04 Apr 2003 : 15:03:24
Heh. Actually I believe it is just south of the Spine of the World. Almost embedded into the Spine itself. You can find a picture of it here.

http://guidesarchive.ign.com/guides/13559/images/kuldahar_map_lg.jpg

An entire city embedded into the side of a great oak tree. Not very big, but still cool.
Bookwyrm Posted - 04 Apr 2003 : 08:18:40
quote:
Originally posted by zemd

Icewind dale the video game. So guess from where is it close to?

Oo! Oo! I know! Um . . . Calimshan? No? Okay, um, is it in Kara-Tur? Maztica? No, it's in the Moonshaes, right? No? Dang, I give up.
zemd Posted - 04 Apr 2003 : 07:38:55
quote:
Originally posted by Sadonayerah Odrydin

And I've heard of Kuldahar...but I can't remember what it is exactly....

Icewind dale the video game. So guess from where is it close to?
Sadonayerah Odrydin Posted - 04 Apr 2003 : 06:58:25
My favs personally are Waterdeep, Everaska, Evermeet, and the Underdark. Though most of my FR characters have never been to Evermeet (I've read some things about it...I have yet to read Evermeet: Island of the Elves though) I still think its a cool place. Most of my characters reside either in Waterdeep or the Underdark. One went to Everaska for a mission but she never lived there. (I think that was Talaylie...I don't remember for sure. I'll have to check her profile again....). Athkatla is all right...I wouldn't choose that one permanently though (my opinion). Suldanesselar is also a nice place too. Its heavily guarded by elven enchantments though...but its a beautiful city none-the-less. Leave it to me to favor the elven cities and such! lol. Most of these I'd choose mainly because of my characters. For the most part, they either have lived or have been on a mission to these cities. I just kind of attached to some as ideal places for my fanfics. Like Talaylie is mainly positioned in Waterdeep and Everaska. (I think she also goes to Evermeet once or twice...I can't remember that for sure. its been a while since I've worked or even looked at her story).

And I've heard of Kuldahar...but I can't remember what it is exactly....
Bookwyrm Posted - 04 Apr 2003 : 05:28:38
Where's Kuldahar? I don't believe I've ever heard of it. I guess it wasn't in any novels that I've read.
Aust Grimshadow Posted - 03 Apr 2003 : 23:16:53
Call me cliche but i think Ten Towns is quite an interesting settlement. The place for rogues among rogues. Just the everyday happenings and dilemmas they face gives the collection of towns such character. Kuldahar is also one of my favorites. A giant tree housing hundreds of people lead by druids. Pretty sweet.
zemd Posted - 01 Apr 2003 : 20:42:11
I have to add a city: Calimport. I just love its hugeness (eng?)
Mournblade Posted - 01 Apr 2003 : 02:16:19
Silverymoon, and my favourite region is the north. Though I often run campaigns in other regions depending on the flavor I want for an adventure.

Targon Moonrise Posted - 01 Apr 2003 : 00:41:44
My favorite place is Shadowdale, my character's hometown. I just loved it since the first time I read "Shadowdale" the first book of the Avatar Series.
Yasraena Posted - 31 Mar 2003 : 23:04:54
Favorite City: I'd have to say Silverymoon because of my characters' ties to Alustriel and the Harpers there. Also because it's the only city in the Realms that has the same mind set as Myth Drannor had - to unite all races in peace and harmony.
Rellen Amostirren Posted - 21 Jan 2003 : 22:22:15
I have to say Waterdeep, nothing can quite match the wealth of detail for that city.

Though if the truth be known I do have a fondness for Myth Drannor after its fall. After all Im an adventurer and a glutton for punishment!!
Feanor_Karnil Posted - 21 Jan 2003 : 19:02:41
I would say somewhere around IceWind Dale because it's pretty much isolated up there and you don't have to bother with anything.
Salius Kai Posted - 20 Jan 2003 : 04:32:18
This is a tough one. I'm currently torn between two options. Waterdeep, and Luskan. I havn'e the faintest Idea why I like Luskan, mabey its just the way it sounds.
Deneir Posted - 20 Jan 2003 : 03:34:00
I don't quite recall the name of the city but it's the underdark city of the Drueger. When drizzt passes though on his way to the surface is the only time i have ever heard of it but it sounded pretty sweet from the brief discription in that book.
enchantedgoblin Posted - 19 Jan 2003 : 05:41:35
Memnon is my favorite city because it is a thief's paradise
Artalis Posted - 16 Dec 2002 : 17:19:30
Favorite City (Current) Waterdeep : The FR version of the City that Never Sleeps. Where anything can be had for a price (usually an astronomical one but what can you do?), and there is always plenty of trouble to get into. Not to mention the close proximity to Undermountain.
Favrorite City- (fallen) Myth Drannor: The dream realized all civilized peoples of Faerun living in harmony together. That is truly something to admire.
Locced Posted - 14 Dec 2002 : 11:04:11
I always kind of liked Arabel, mainly for they way the Royal Wizards of Cormyr regarded it (seceding and rebelling every hundred years) and the Portrayals of its Ruling Lords.

Would like to see more on Aglarond in general and Velprintalar specifically to see what life under the Witch-Queen is like. When shes there that is :)
zemd Posted - 14 Dec 2002 : 00:35:32
Favorite city: Waterdeep, Suzail (yes BIG cities!)
Favorite region: North of sea of Fallen stars (Tantras, Cormyr, Sembia)
Favorite lost cities and empire: Myth Drannor in first and just just after Netheril
sabre Posted - 10 Dec 2002 : 09:54:03
this a long subject i guess...
i like zhentil keep most...
that city reflects human instincts very best...
it is a mirror for our souls...
all the evil deities that rule there are merciless and ruthless...
i dont like evil but it is a part of nature so we have to see it and
dont act like we dont want it...
"goodness is "NOTHƯNG" without evil sorryly...
Bragi Posted - 10 Dec 2002 : 08:57:55
There are so many places to choose from it makes this question a very difficult one to answer so I've picked a few of them.

Favorite City: Waterdeep
Favorite Country: Halrurra
Favorite Region: The Border Kingdoms
Favorite ancient country: land of the Imaskari artificers
The Great Drizzt Posted - 10 Dec 2002 : 05:51:18
Uuhhhhhh......Wood of Sharp Teeth....*shiver*
Giant evil maze of trees.....*shiver*
The Great Drizzt

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000