Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Links for free D&D/FR material

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Bookwyrm Posted - 12 Apr 2004 : 21:04:00
Many people have asked for free material here. Well, free is good -- usually. In this case, I'd like to offer a list of materials available for free download, which anyone with an Internet connection and a hard drive and/or printer can use.

Feel free, of course, to post your own links; that's the whole point. However, be advised that there are rules. First, if it's official material, you must be certain that it is actually free, and not a bootleg copy. You want to play pirate, fine; don't get Candlekeep involved. Second, if it's unofficial material, then say so.

First, there is the quintessential free download page from the Wizards of the Coast website. This is mostly second edition material, but Realmslore doesn't change. Additionally, getting older core material can lend insights on how to roleplay more effectively.

Next, there's the D&D 3.5e System Reference Document, also from WotC. However, I strongly advise you use this version instead. Not only is it more official-looking than the official version, it's also cross-indexed by way of hyperlinks.

Finally, there's a D&D page at Crystal Keep, which has both 3e and 3.5e information, including an index (but not an actual copy) of PrCs, a full list of 3e feats (D&D and d20), and skills. Every such list is cited to an official document.

I hope this list is useful to you, and I'll have others available later.
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Shadowlord Posted - 13 Apr 2004 : 04:59:06
Yes, I'll try to post some links of my own, sometime in the near future, however, I still have many tasks to complete, so I may be a while, as usual... *Sigh*
The Sage Posted - 13 Apr 2004 : 04:55:17
Indeed, a worthy idea.

I'll post some of my own links shortly.

Oh, and I glad you mentioned systemreferencedocument.org's version of the SRD Bookwyrm. I'd been meaning to bring it up here for some time, since it is the more superior version, what with all it's search functions and better formatting.

I also believe there is now a complete version available for download in PDF format as well...
Magic Matt Posted - 13 Apr 2004 : 00:02:13
Thanks for the information Bookwyrm, a where to find stuff on the Net should be a permanent topic, just like those reserved for the Authors.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000