Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Happy Birthday Candlekeep!!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Alaundo Posted - 09 Mar 2004 : 11:11:43
Well met

Indeed, 'tis the 5th birthday anniversary of Candlekeep today. This site was launched on 9th March 1999.

On behalf of all Head Scribes of Candlekeep, thank ye all for your support and contributions over the years, and heres to the next five years making the library grow into an even greater haven of Realmslore.

::raises his glass::
30   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
The Cardinal Posted - 14 Apr 2004 : 21:31:12
* Wipes face once more*
You will pay for that my dear... oh yes... at some point you will pay
Lord Rad Posted - 14 Apr 2004 : 08:20:47
::wipes stale cake crumbs from tunic::
The Sage Posted - 14 Apr 2004 : 02:51:51
Unfortunately no Wooly. Rad saw to it, to give the remaining pieces of cake 'a good home'...
Wooly Rupert Posted - 13 Apr 2004 : 20:15:44
Wow, I had no idea this site had been around so long! I wish I'd've wandered into here sooner!

Is there any cake left?
Purple_Faerie Goddess Posted - 13 Apr 2004 : 19:51:41
*The mop bucket falls to the floor where the Goddess had once stood. The Cardinal ends up with another peice of cake on his face. The Goddess not seen speaks to the Cardinal*"You should know better than to mess with the fae."
lowtech Posted - 18 Mar 2004 : 18:31:41
I can't think of a good toast right now, so...

Happy Birthday, Candlekeep...and thank you.

The Cardinal Posted - 18 Mar 2004 : 07:32:23
* Wipes the cake off his face and shoots a warning glance at Purple_Faerie Goddess. The looking at the sage he frowns*

Pardon?! Want to fight, Hm?!? Want to have a wizard's duel? Huh? You want a piece of the Cardinaaaaal?.... Excuse us for a moment

* Deimos creeps up behind Purple_Faerie Goddess, Grabbing his trusty mob bucket proceeds to give the goddess a new 'hat' , dumping it's entire contents.Leaving the bucket on the Goddess' head, he then looks at the floor and shrugs*
We'd have to clean the floor sooner or later anyways...*Smiles*Whether served cold or not revenge is none-the-less sweet.
The Sage Posted - 18 Mar 2004 : 03:08:43
::The Sage looks over at the now snoring mass called Rad...::

"Hmmm...And I thought the Cardinal was bad..."
Lord Rad Posted - 17 Mar 2004 : 15:28:17
quote:
Originally posted by AraznBlair

The cake and the Icewine is excellent. Rad if you have any extra bottles please stop by the SpellSword tavern in the Dock Ward the next time you make it to Waterdeep. I would love to add it to my collection of exoctic vices.

::hic:: Wine? what wine?! ::hic::
AraznBlair Posted - 17 Mar 2004 : 15:10:48
That is quite all right Sage. My travels keep me away much of the time as well as running my taven in Waterdeep. I do poke my head in whenever I get a chance but have not had much oppurtunity to leave a scroll or two. Business keeps me busy. Thank you for keeping me in mind.

The cake and the Icewine is excellent. Rad if you have any extra bottles please stop by the SpellSword tavern in the Dock Ward the next time you make it to Waterdeep. I would love to add it to my collection of exoctic vices.
The Sage Posted - 17 Mar 2004 : 01:14:25
Oh, AraznBlair I apologise...

You were one of the original scribes on my list of contacts. I must have missed sending you over an email, informing you of the festivities here at Candlekeep. But, your here now, and that is what matters...

Enjoy the cake, and please, try some of this exotic Icewine that Rad has brought with him...
AraznBlair Posted - 16 Mar 2004 : 15:09:02
Ahh the party is still going. It looks like I barely made it. Well happy birthday Candlekeep. May you have many more and may your halls grow bigger with knowledge and friends.
Alaundo Posted - 16 Mar 2004 : 10:52:35
quote:
Originally posted by kahonen

The limited response may not be a bad thing. I'd hate to think that your e-mail had encouraged King Tiax to return

::shudder::
The Sage Posted - 16 Mar 2004 : 00:47:07
quote:
Originally posted by kahonen

quote:
Unfortunately no, I did not. Most of the replies I did receive seem to indicate that those email address were simply not valid anymore. Of those I did hear back from, were, among others...the aforementioned Frey, Bragi, Solmyr, and The Great Drizzt.

The limited response may not be a bad thing. I'd hate to think that your e-mail had encouraged King Tiax to return

Indeed...

In fact, I had made a conscious effort to ensure that my emails only went out to those scribes who had contributed (sensibly) to Candlekeep in some degree. I did this mainly in hopes of preventing such an occurence, like the return of King Tiax...
Sirine Posted - 15 Mar 2004 : 15:23:24
Sirine runs in, gasping and panting, having run from someplace really really really far...

"H-ha-Happy birthday!!"

She uncerimouniously collapses from exhaustion.
kahonen Posted - 15 Mar 2004 : 12:26:44
quote:
Unfortunately no, I did not. Most of the replies I did receive seem to indicate that those email address were simply not valid anymore. Of those I did hear back from, were, among others...the aforementioned Frey, Bragi, Solmyr, and The Great Drizzt.

The Sage Posted - 14 Mar 2004 : 03:37:16
quote:
Originally posted by SiriusBlack

quote:
Originally posted by The Sage
Looking through my email, I've just received two more replies. I'll wait until tomorrow before listing those I contacted specifically...

Did you get any more replies? This was a really good idea by the way. Good job.

Purple_Faerie Goddess Posted - 13 Mar 2004 : 19:11:21
*Suddenly glasse start falling over and a peice of cake flies across the room hitting the wall behind Cardinal Deimos. Unfortunately, no one could be blamed for the culprit was not seen.*
'Ah, I do so enjoy a celebration. Happy Birthday CandleKeep. I hope you have plenty more to come.'
*Raises glass in a toast.*
'Deimos I think someone has just made a mess for you to clean up.'

*More cake starts flying around the room by an unseen hand*
'I think someone is trying to start a food fight.'
*A peice of cake suddenly hits Deimos squarely in the face*
'I think I'll have another glass of wine.'
*chuckles*
SiriusBlack Posted - 13 Mar 2004 : 16:24:46
quote:
Looking through my email, I've just received two more replies. I'll wait until tomorrow before listing those I contacted specifically...

Did you get any more replies? This was a really good idea by the way. Good job.
The Sage Posted - 12 Mar 2004 : 14:38:51
Rad, if you look over the 'Members' listing, and sort by 'Date', those scribes who signed up (and continued to post semi-regularly between August 2002 and December 2002 are the ones that I tried to contact.

Lord Rad Posted - 12 Mar 2004 : 14:21:28
quote:

To make this grand celebration complete, I've been trying to contact (besides those of us who still regularly visit) some of the first scribes who ever entered these halls of knowledge. Some haven't return my emails, and two were struck with such surprise that this site was still up and running that they promised to stop by before the end of the week just to see it with their own eyes...

So, if it's not too much trouble, Rad, Lina, and you too Cardinal...Do you think that you can leave some cake and and a little wine for those scribes still to arrive...?

Shucks! If only Frey were here....I recall that her cakes kept many scribes happy in days of old

Who have you tried (and suceeded) in contacting, Sage?
The Sage Posted - 12 Mar 2004 : 13:29:14
To make this grand celebration complete, I've been trying to contact (besides those of us who still regularly visit) some of the first scribes who ever entered these halls of knowledge. Some haven't return my emails, and two were struck with such surprise that this site was still up and running that they promised to stop by before the end of the week just to see it with their own eyes...

So, if it's not too much trouble, Rad, Lina, and you too Cardinal...Do you think that you can leave some cake and and a little wine for those scribes still to arrive...?
Lord Rad Posted - 12 Mar 2004 : 10:32:02
quote:
Originally posted by Lina

Interesting. I didn't know this site was 5 years old. Happy Birthday. Hope you saved me a piece of cake.

Obf corbse Libna ::stuffs the last of the cake into his mouth, cheeks bulging::
Lina Posted - 12 Mar 2004 : 08:55:01
Interesting. I didn't know this site was 5 years old. Happy Birthday. Hope you saved me a piece of cake.
Lord Rad Posted - 10 Mar 2004 : 08:09:36
quote:
Originally posted by Bookwyrm

quote:
Originally posted by Rad

I sure dont even the Cardinal with his cleaning duties after the mess left after the birthday party!

I think someone spiked Rad's punch. It took me about a minute to figure that one out.

::hic:: OOps, too much mead, I meant to say that I "sure dont ENVY..." ::hic::
Arivia Posted - 10 Mar 2004 : 06:33:19
Happy birthday, Candlekeep...
*drowns a cup of wine, and then returns to work...*
Eldath, walk among the warriors...
Bookwyrm Posted - 10 Mar 2004 : 05:57:46
quote:
Originally posted by Rad

Ok, so whos got the birthday cake?!

Not me. I didn't even get one for my own.

quote:

I sure dont even the Cardinal with his cleaning duties after the mess left after the birthday party!

I think someone spiked Rad's punch. It took me about a minute to figure that one out.

Still, I think I'll gift Cardinal with a wand of unseen servant for him to use in his duties.
SiriusBlack Posted - 10 Mar 2004 : 03:42:37
quote:
Originally posted by Ezindir the dark

And a lot of mixes to.

Anyway, since this is the first birthday candlekeep have had while I was here:

I knew someone would break out the birthday song. Although, if the Candlekeep site could sing, My way would definitely be a good song for this moment.
Fireheart Posted - 10 Mar 2004 : 03:21:01
Greetings,

And Blessing on your Birthday, even if it is a little late! May you be blessed with many more joyful and learned years.

-Fireheart ::raises her glass::
The Cardinal Posted - 10 Mar 2004 : 02:24:29
Ah, Five years? That is a long time to be around.... but Candlekeep is eternal!
And although this is cause for celebration... we warn all thee that should you get carried away and make a large mess to clean...

* In a quick motion Deimos draws several cleaning items from inside his robes*

Items used for cleaning can be just as devastating as a broadsword or great axe.... Still enjoy thyselves... but show respect for those who must clean. Cheers!

*Quickly stashs his 'Weapons of Mass Sanitation' () and raises a wine glass in toast*

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000